Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-04-2015, 08:27 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by alysheba4 View Post
Don't take the train, getting out of there in 2004 was crazy.
So true. That was the last time my husband came with me to the Belmont. The LIRR trip back broke his spirit. He'll go other race days, but never again on Belmont Stakes Day.
Old 05-17-2015, 07:39 AM
Louisiana Downs

Are parking passes sold out? I can't seem to find them online. I've heard good and bad things about driving and taking the train. My thinking is, it's going to be a long day for my boy so if we're going to be sitting in traffic in the car, at least he can fall asleep. Waiting for the train might just take the fun out of the day for him.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:06 AM
Randwyck

I drive in from the Philly area and getting out is not that bad. I would not get a parking pass, just park in the general parking lots. I find getting out of the general lot to be faster.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:58 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by athornton5 View Post
Are parking passes sold out? I can't seem to find them online. I've heard good and bad things about driving and taking the train. My thinking is, it's going to be a long day for my boy so if we're going to be sitting in traffic in the car, at least he can fall asleep. Waiting for the train might just take the fun out of the day for him.
The train is easy peasy going out, it's on the way back that it can be a wait. That said, it sounds like NYRA is trying to encourage people to stay longer this year, with music and (I sure hope) concession stands continuing after the big race.

(I know I am planning on staying to listen to the Goo Goo Dolls. Don't judge.)
Old 05-17-2015, 10:52 AM
Louisiana Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lava View Post
I drive in from the Philly area and getting out is not that bad. I would not get a parking pass, just park in the general parking lots. I find getting out of the general lot to be faster.
ok, I wast thinking that you needed a pass to park in a lot. If we get there by 11 will that be early enough to get into the general lot? Just trying to get my ducks in a row so I'm not lost looking for a parking spot.
Old 05-17-2015, 10:58 AM
Oriental Park

So now my wife an I are toying with the notion of going. I have mega SW Airlines points to use up so the flight from Dallas would only cost us $22.80 for some kind of service fee. The dilemma is this though:

It's the same day my granddaughter graduates from HS. I'm sure she and her mom would understand if we decided to opt for the Belmont and not the ceremony and they are typically very loooooong and boring just to see your one graduate walk across the stage for 20 seconds. I'd rather go to her college graduation in a few years but still it's hard to think my wife and I would miss it.

She's a great young lady and of course we love her dearly . . . but the Belmont and possible history?!?!

I've looked up hotels in the area and there are several still with rooms available.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm . . .

Simple: fly to NY Friday, taxi to hotel, taxi to the Park, taxi back to hotel, taxi back to airport, fly back to Dallas Sunday.
Old 05-17-2015, 11:04 AM
Morris Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by athornton5 View Post
ok, I wast thinking that you needed a pass to park in a lot. If we get there by 11 will that be early enough to get into the general lot? Just trying to get my ducks in a row so I'm not lost looking for a parking spot.
If you arrive by 11 you will have no problem parking.
Old 05-17-2015, 12:11 PM
Del Mar

Bring your own toilet.
Old 05-17-2015, 08:33 PM
Randwyck

Good luck...your going to need it!