Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I think the Bills beat them this week also.
I don't want PG1985 to be the only one blowing his own horn in this room.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
As a Bills fan, there is no ****ing way in the world that the Bills win. They have long since packed it in for the year. Hopefully this reverse mush works.
Early Christmas present?

Looks like karma took another week off. Or the Broncos weren't as good as their record indicated based on circumstances within each game. Score one for the haters.
Old 12-24-2011, 09:38 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss View Post
I don't want PG1985 to be the only one blowing his own horn in this room.

Early Christmas present?

Looks like karma took another week off. Or the Broncos weren't as good as their record indicated based on circumstances within each game. Score one for the haters.
Jesus just taking a long weekend on his birthday.

Damar Hamlin

Last edited by jms62 : 12-25-2011 at 10:16 AM.
Old 12-25-2011, 08:50 AM
Flemington

http://youtu.be/5bCNddIG7CI
Old 12-25-2011, 09:47 AM
Dee Tee Stables

two pick sixes 18 seconds apart has to be some kind of record. broncs have to win next week vs kc, and orton, to get to the playoffs.
Old 12-26-2011, 10:06 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
two pick sixes 18 seconds apart has to be some kind of record. broncs have to win next week vs kc, and orton, to get to the playoffs.
He just continues to do things that nobody has ever seen before...
Old 12-26-2011, 12:47 PM
Arlington Park

2011 denver offense (orton): 19.8 ppg
2011 denver offense (tebow) 18.9 ppg

tebow's "intangibles" had more to do with playing a series of teams with offensive issues. denver didn't score well with orton and are even worse with tebow.

the fundamental flaw with his throwing motion remains. he winds up to throw and nfl defenses are too quick for him to get away with it too often. any game where he has to throw, denver's in trouble.

Last edited by hi_im_god : 12-26-2011 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-27-2011, 04:59 AM
Coach Pants

I hope they win, make the playoffs, win the super bowl, and Tebow comes over to hi_i'm_chris_mortensen's house and f.ucks him in the mouth.
Old 12-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
I hope they win, make the playoffs, win the super bowl, and Tebow comes over to hi_i'm_chris_mortensen's house and f.ucks him in the mouth.
hater.
Old 12-27-2011, 01:15 PM
Dee Tee Stables

at least im not alone in my dislike and disdain of espn and its commentators. tony had the tv tuned to them while we packed to leave...gottlieb was trying to start **** about brees passing to break the record,whining that the saints had the game won and should have just run. the other guy on with him said atl should have stopped them. changed the channel...
Old 12-28-2011, 11:25 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god View Post
2011 denver offense (orton): 19.8 ppg
2011 denver offense (tebow) 18.9 ppg

tebow's "intangibles" had more to do with playing a series of teams with offensive issues. denver didn't score well with orton and are even worse with tebow.

the fundamental flaw with his throwing motion remains. he winds up to throw and nfl defenses are too quick for him to get away with it too often. any game where he has to throw, denver's in trouble.
Not necessarily ANY game...
In the fourth quarter and overtime against the Bears (who's defense sucks we know...), Tebow completed 18-of-24 passes for 191 yards and a touchdown.
Brady threw four picks against Buffalo too.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:44 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
Not necessarily ANY game...
In the fourth quarter and overtime against the Bears (who's defense sucks we know...), Tebow completed 18-of-24 passes for 191 yards and a touchdown.
Brady threw four picks against Buffalo too.
Since I assume you watched the game, I assume you also saw that the Bears changed the defense they had been using (effectively all game to that point) for some reason in the 4th.

Credit to Tebow for taking advantage of it, but that was bonehead coaching at it's best. Not to mention it goes back to Hi I'm God's point that Tebow's intangibles had more to do with playing offensively challenged teams. The Bears without Cutler and Forte fit that profile.

Brady threw 4 picks against the Bills when the Bills were playing their best football. Not when they had essentially thrown in the towel on the season losing their prior 7 games.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:20 PM
The Curragh

Ravens 14 Chargers 34

Offensively challenged teams like the Chargers?
Look, I get what you are saying, all of you, but the kid deserves some credit and a bit of a break, he is still a rookie based on games played and the fact that there was no preseason work.
Are there question marks, sure, huge ones. Just like every other rookie QB for the past 4 years or so, except maybe Dalton, he is going to be very good I think.
As far as the Bills go, Fitzpatrick and the offense fell apart there D is still pretty good and very opportunistic.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:30 PM
Keeneland

When the Tebow's beat the Chargers they were in the midst of a 6 game losing streak. You have to look at stuff like that because I think it tells the story a lot better than just looking blindly at wins or losses.

How'd the Chargers do this past week? They are a jekyll and hyde team if I have ever seen one. They beat the Ravens one week and then get beat 38-10 the following by the Lions.

Sure, Tebow deserves a little bit of credit. About a 1/100th of the credit he has already gotten. But when all is said and done, when you look at their run this year, a lot of things fell into place which had as much, if not more to do with them winning than Tebow. That wasn't his fault of course and I realize he doesn't control the media.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:36 PM
The Curragh

I agree there was a perfect storm of events and a lot of stuff that does not normally happen did in fact happen. A lot of teams this season have had the Jekyll and Hyde scenarios unfold, (Lions worst of all I think).
I do not think that they are able to come away with many of those wins with Orton, maybe one or two but nobody on either side of the ball was responding to him as the leader.
1% is sadly about right on the credit due vs. the credit heaped (which was probably about 10x higher than it needed to be).
Looking forward to this weekend and the Steelers game in two weeks.
Old 12-28-2011, 12:47 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Ravens 14 Chargers 34

Look, I get what you are saying, all of you, but the kid deserves some credit and a bit of a break, he is still a rookie based on games played and the fact that there was no preseason work.
Are there question marks, sure, huge ones. Just like every other rookie QB for the past 4 years or so, except maybe Dalton, he is going to be very good I think.
As far as the Bills go, Fitzpatrick and the offense fell apart there D is still pretty good and very opportunistic

Are you kidding me??? Your credability just hit the shitter. The Bills have one of the worst defenses in the league bar none. They are 24th in Yds allowed, 28th against the rush and 27th in Points.

Damar Hamlin

Last edited by jms62 : 12-28-2011 at 01:12 PM.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:12 PM
The Curragh

[quote=jms62;827690]
Quote:
Ravens 14 Chargers 34

As far as the Bills go, Fitzpatrick and the offense fell apart there D is still pretty good and very opportunistic.[/QUOTE]

Are you ****ing kidding me??? Your credability just hit the shitter. The Bills have one of the worst defenses in the league bar none.
Their passing defense is reasonable and the do take the ball away quite a bit, without Fitz throwing all those picks on the downfall they would be considered extremely opportunistic.
You are a fan so your opinion is skewed.
Old 12-28-2011, 01:14 PM
Saratoga

[quote=Clip-Clop;827692]
Quote:

Their passing defense is reasonable and the do take the ball away quite a bit, without Fitz throwing all those picks on the downfall they would be considered extremely opportunistic.
You are a fan so your opinion is skewed.
I posted their stats. I will give you that they do get some picks but overall it's like a hot knife through butter against their D.

Damar Hamlin
Old 12-28-2011, 01:16 PM
The Curragh

[quote=jms62;827693]
Quote:

I posted their stats. I will give you that they do get some picks but overall it's like a hot knife through butter against their D.
Mostly because they are out there a lot lately (after the injuries), nobody plays well when they are on the field all the time, ask the Broncos D for the last two weeks.
Old 01-01-2012, 03:04 PM
Saratoga

[quote=Clip-Clop;827694]
Quote:

Mostly because they are out there a lot lately (after the injuries), nobody plays well when they are on the field all the time, ask the Broncos D for the last two weeks.
49 unanswered. The prosecution rests

Damar Hamlin
Old 01-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Keeneland

Would Kyle Orton beating his former team be considered karma?