Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-09-2012, 10:11 PM
Delaware Park

Cool No true college champ again bcs is a joke!

Before i hear bama say their the champs, your not. Lsu beat you at your place and shouldn't have to beat you again. All this does is show that we need a playoff and get rid of this BS CRAP! Its a joke and so sick of them saying this is the championship game, its not its the bs chump game. Congrats to lsu, bama and okla state you can all split that stupid crystal football!
Old 01-09-2012, 10:14 PM
Flemington

B.ullshit
Old 01-09-2012, 10:16 PM
Arlington Park

clearly the best team.

i'd love a playoff system but the bcs got it right.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:17 PM
The Curragh

I will represent LSU, and on behalf of LSU I would like to say, we dont deserve any piece of the crystal ball.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:17 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagolfer33 View Post
I will represent LSU, and on behalf of LSU I would like to say, we dont deserve any piece of the crystal ball.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Delaware Park

Cool

the point is no one deserves it! the system is a joke and so is this sham of a game. By the way lsu i'd be pissed if i were you. When do you have to beat a team twice to win it all. You beat bama there and won the conference bama should have been in another bcs sham bowl. No one is champ again.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:24 PM
The Curragh

.....furthermore, I would like for anyone to go back in the past, search any of my posts containing the keywords LES MILES, and note any of my comments.

In my closing statement I would like to say, well......, just ask Clyde.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:25 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebrady View Post
the point is no one deserves it! the system is a joke and so is this sham of a game. By the way lsu i'd be pissed if i were you. When do you have to beat a team twice to win it all. You beat bama there and won the conference bama should have been in another bcs sham bowl. No one is champ again.
it's 1-0 on td's scored.

does that help?

or do you want to state an argument for a team that scored no points in their final game as a national champion?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
.....furthermore, I would like for anyone to go back in the past, search any of my posts containing the keywords LES MILES, and note any of my comments.

In my closing statement I would like to say, well......, just ask Clyde.

My computer screen is brought to you by the makers of Cokey Cola.

I think Les' front yard will be littered with Etch-A-Sketches by the time he returns.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:30 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by clyde View Post
My computer screen is brought to you by the makers of Cokey Cola.

I think Les' front yard will be littered with Etch-A-Sketches by the time he returns.
If I could I would choke that motherfuc.ker.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:32 PM
Saratoga

You make this so funny..but really..didn't see the game, but know LSU was at 96 total yards or so into the 4th quarter .Something like that.

Was he trying to play dead, or what?
Old 01-09-2012, 10:43 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
You make this so funny..but really..didn't see the game, but know LSU was at 96 total yards or so into the 4th quarter .Something like that.

Was he trying to play dead, or what?
To summarize, our scheme was to run the spread option. The only problem is, Alabamas D is extremely disciplined. They all stayed at home, stuffed the box and shut down LSU. Meanwhile, our D was getting run down staying out on the field all fricking game. When something doesnt work, you have to try something else. Les did not. He was doing **** you normally do when you are winning, like running the ball and running clock when we desperately need to move the ball down the field. We deserved the loss, we probably deserved to lose the last game. If you cant throw the ball, and dont try, you dont deserve to win. This **** worked back in the late 70's and early 80's. It dont work today.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:53 PM
Churchill Downs

How humiliating. Defense and special teams can only carry you so far.

Jefferson looked like he had no interest in being out there. The only time he showed he was even awake was his tackle after the interception. The rest of the time he pouted and shot daggers at his teammates. I don't blame the defense for mailing it in after they kept Alabama out of the end zone and LSU did zilch on offense.

I'm not going to pile on Miles. The guy is a top recruiter and the team is stacked for the future. He also has some QBs coming through who can pass the ball. Miles also has a way of getting the best out of his players. But tonight he was simply out of his league against Saban.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:54 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
To summarize, our scheme was to run the spread option. The only problem is, Alabamas D is extremely disciplined. They all stayed at home, stuffed the box and shut down LSU. Meanwhile, our D was getting run down staying out on the field all fricking game. When something doesnt work, you have to try something else. Les did not. He was doing **** you normally do when you are winning, like running the ball and running clock when we desperately need to move the ball down the field. We deserved the loss, we probably deserved to lose the last game. If you cant throw the ball, and dont try, you dont deserve to win. This **** worked back in the late 70's and early 80's. It dont work today.

I got it now...know it too well.

Actually, it was on it's way out during Earl Bruces' days here......Earl didn't know it either.He was called "Old 9-3" for having achieved that record in like 5 of the nine years he was here...maybe 6.

Direct descendants of Bo and Woody should not call plays...nor draw them up.

Nor should they be allowed anywhere near capable oc's.
Old 01-09-2012, 10:55 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaTruth View Post
How humiliating. Defense and special teams can only carry you so far.

Jefferson looked like he had no interest in being out there. The only time he showed he was even awake was his tackle after the interception. The rest of the time he pouted and shot daggers at his teammates. I don't blame the defense for mailing it in after they kept Alabama out of the end zone and LSU did zilch on offense.

I'm not going to pile on Miles. The guy is a top recruiter and the team is stacked for the future. He also has some QBs coming through who can pass the ball. Miles also has a way of getting the best out of his players. But tonight he was simply out of his league against Saban.
I have heard from fairly reliable sources Miles asked Lee to go in the last 2 series and he told him to GFH.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
I have heard from fairly reliable sources Miles asked Lee to go in the last 2 series and he told him to GFH.
That would be well deserved. I'm partly convinced that they gave up the TD to Richardson to see if Miles would put Lee in the game.

LSU's game plan was so predictable that I wondered if Miles dusted off an old Gary Crowton playbook.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:03 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
I got it now...know it too well.

Actually, it was on it's way out during Earl Bruces' days here......Earl didn't know it either.He was called "Old 9-3" for having achieved that record in like 5 of the nine years he was here...maybe 6.

Direct descendants of Bo and Woody should not call plays...nor draw them up.

Nor should they be allowed anywhere near capable oc's.
I always think of Dale Brown, great recruiter, great motivator, bad with x's and o's. He wasted some serious talent, and if not for Tex Winter who knows how bad they could have been. This is the same thing. When you have bigger and stronger players, you are going to beat some good teams. Tonight, and on many nights, the gameplan gets an F.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:11 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
I always think of Dale Brown, great recruiter, great motivator, bad with x's and o's. He wasted some serious talent, and if not for Tex Winter who knows how bad they could have been. This is the same thing. When you have bigger and stronger players, you are going to beat some good teams. Tonight, and on many nights, the gameplan gets an F.
you've got a really talented 2012 team.

it's not like you're stanford.

chin up. you sucked tonight but the program looks good.

they could play for the championship again in 2013.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:16 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hi_im_god View Post
you've got a really talented 2012 team.

it's not like you're stanford.

chin up. you sucked tonight but the program looks good.

they could play for the championship again in 2013.
They could, it will depend on who is selected as QB, and what kind of offense is run. This one will not win a National Title. They have the players. Im ready to move on to baseball.
Old 01-09-2012, 11:21 PM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
They could, it will depend on who is selected as QB, and what kind of offense is run. This one will not win a National Title. They have the players. Im ready to move on to baseball.
Mettenberger should be pretty good, but he is not very mobile. The one I'm looking forward to seeing play in a few seasons is Philip Rivers' brother.