Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-14-2015, 04:21 PM
Oaklawn

Default Grateful Dead 50th Anniversary

Will be officially announced months end. Three shows at Soldier Field in Chicago. July 3, 4, 5 (fri, sat, sun). Hilton on Michigan ave. booked! Arlington Park during the day, the good old Grateful Dead at night. It will be EPIC.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:03 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogadew View Post
Will be officially announced months end. Three shows at Soldier Field in Chicago. July 3, 4, 5 (fri, sat, sun). Hilton on Michigan ave. booked! Arlington Park during the day, the good old Grateful Dead at night. It will be EPIC.

Is Jerry coming ?
Old 01-15-2015, 11:53 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by santana View Post
Is Jerry coming ?
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mystery-...most-20-years/

What a long strange trip it's been......
Old 01-15-2015, 08:46 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by santana View Post
Is Jerry coming ?
Hologram Jerry
Old 01-16-2015, 10:52 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Don't know if you've been before, and I'm sure the locals can fill in specifics, but I'm pretty sure you can walk from the Hilton to the Ogilive (sp?) train station and from there take a train directly to Arlington Park.

A few years back I stayed at the Hard Rock (Michigan & Wacker) and took the water taxi from the Wrigley building to the Ogilive/Union dock, and the train to the track - worked out perfectly
Old 01-16-2015, 11:08 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
Don't know if you've been before, and I'm sure the locals can fill in specifics, but I'm pretty sure you can walk from the Hilton to the Ogilive (sp?) train station and from there take a train directly to Arlington Park.

A few years back I stayed at the Hard Rock (Michigan & Wacker) and took the water taxi from the Wrigley building to the Ogilive/Union dock, and the train to the track - worked out perfectly
It's a decent walk to the train station but certainly doable about 2 miles? What's also nice is Metra (drops you right at AP) will charge $7/ticket for a w/e pass and it's good probably the 3,4 and 5th but 4rth and 5th (Sat and Sun) for sure. They will ban alcohol on trains for the w/e.

Arlington always has a fantastic card on the 4th and the city will be rockin' for sure!
Old 01-16-2015, 01:40 PM
Oaklawn

thanks for the input. I'm not doing the rental car. The Hilton is a half mile walk to Soldier Field. I will have to look into public trans for AP during the day. The announcement came today! www.dead50.net Hotels are falling like dominoes. Paid 208/night. Same room at Hilton today 484/night
Old 01-16-2015, 03:29 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
thanks for the input. I'm not doing the rental car. The Hilton is a half mile walk to Soldier Field. I will have to look into public trans for AP during the day. The announcement came today! www.dead50.net Hotels are falling like dominoes. Paid 208/night. Same room at Hilton today 484/night
Like Dell said...just walk to Ogilvey station..METRA trains run every hour except on Sundays and it's 45 min to AP's door step. Easy as can be
Old 01-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob View Post
Like Dell said...just walk to Ogilvey station..METRA trains run every hour except on Sundays and it's 45 min to AP's door step. Easy as can be
Thank you for the info! That's exactly what i'll do.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:58 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Thank you for the info! That's exactly what i'll do.
If you don't have plans for the night of the 4rth and are comfortable around thoroughbreds and fireworks, do I have a party for you! And as Bob said easy ride back to the city Casey Jones style!
Old 01-16-2015, 07:17 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
And if the room keeps going up, there are hotels walking distance to Arlington that will be far cheaper and reverse the route selling to someone who 'needs one' VIP style.

FYI not sure when you arrive or how much baggage is involved etc. but the Blue Line of the CTA leaves every 10 or so minutes from O'Hare - downtown and will put you a half mile from the hotel. Not super safe past 11pm
Old 01-16-2015, 08:02 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
If you don't have plans for the night of the 4rth and are comfortable around thoroughbreds and fireworks, do I have a party for you! And as Bob said easy ride back to the city Casey Jones style!
Thanks so much. I love thoroughbreds and fireworks and parties! I never in my life experienced all three at one time. Sounds awesome. I'm getting into O'Hare about 2pm Thursday. No plans thursday night, but Friday, Saturday, and sunday night are the shows. I'm going to stick with the Michigan ave Hilton as it is just a 20 min walk to soldier field. I will definitely get to AP on a couple of afternoons.
Old 12-20-2015, 02:28 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63 View Post
Thank You Dell. We will have that party someday, my friend!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-20-2015, 02:50 AM
Oaklawn

I'm a wisconsin boy too! Wauwatosa!!!!! Born and raised!!!