Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-06-2013, 07:22 PM
Hollywood Park

Post Loss of Harlan's Holiday

Didn't see this discussed with all the news, but very sad to lose HH last week.....................
Always a big fan....... Admired the sheer talent and competitive nature of his offspring, especially the 2013 crop...

RIP, you've made your mark...
Old 11-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Suffolk Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithting View Post
Didn't see this discussed with all the news, but very sad to lose HH last week.....................
Always a big fan....... Admired the sheer talent and competitive nature of his offspring, especially the 2013 crop...

RIP, you've made your mark...

Thank you for posting that, keithting. Harlan's Holiday was always one of my biggest favorites. He himself had a lot of grit and determination, and his overall racing career was more than admirable. He won more races than he lost with a record of 9-6-1 from 22 starts with 3 GI wins and 2nds in both the Hollywood Gold Cup and the Dubai World cup and earnings of just over $3.6M.

The sad thing is that he was just coming into his own as a sire over the last couple of years. After the Breeders Cup, he now sits 7th on the General Sire list, 9th on the Turf Sire list, and 5th on the Juvenile Sire list, which he topped last year......thanks in large part, of course, to Shanghai Bobby.

I was truly heartbroken when I heard this news. Such a shame.

Rest In Peace, Harlan's Holiday. You were a good boy.