Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-02-2007, 06:27 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
which to me makes him more appealing.
He's certainly proven to outrun his pedigree anyway. Here are the accomplishments of his dams.

1st dam- Donation (as mentioned, just an 11K yearling, winless in four starts)

2nd dam- Reddy Change (Seemingly durable Lousianna Bred sprinter who raced 57 times. Struggled mightily in route races. Going 20-1-1-2 in dirt routes and 4-0-0-0 in turf routes)

3rd dam- Coin Changer (went 1-for-11 and earned $4,036)

4th dam- Little Mortgage (never raced)

5th dam- Behavior (went 1-for-19 and made less than 5K)

As you can see....thats a pretty ugly tail female line from a racing standpoint going those five generations back.

John Henry's 3rd dam was four times stakes placed, and his 4th dam won the very important Matron Stakes as a two-year-old.

I'm not sure Lawyer Ron's pedigree really matters much anymore though, he's proven himself a very good horse, and he's proven he can vastly outrun his pedigree. I have doubts he'll be an attractive stallion prospect however....but hey, who knows.
Old 08-02-2007, 07:51 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
He's certainly proven to outrun his pedigree anyway. Here are the accomplishments of his dams.

1st dam- Donation (as mentioned, just an 11K yearling, winless in four starts)

2nd dam- Reddy Change (Seemingly durable Lousianna Bred sprinter who raced 57 times. Struggled mightily in route races. Going 20-1-1-2 in dirt routes and 4-0-0-0 in turf routes)

3rd dam- Coin Changer (went 1-for-11 and earned $4,036)

4th dam- Little Mortgage (never raced)

5th dam- Behavior (went 1-for-19 and made less than 5K)

As you can see....thats a pretty ugly tail female line from a racing standpoint going those five generations back.

John Henry's 3rd dam was four times stakes placed, and his 4th dam won the very important Matron Stakes as a two-year-old.

I'm not sure Lawyer Ron's pedigree really matters much anymore though, he's proven himself a very good horse, and he's proven he can vastly outrun his pedigree. I have doubts he'll be an attractive stallion prospect however....but hey, who knows.
i don't see him doing much post-race career, due to him going to stonewall. i don't think they're in the position to help him--it takes quite a lot to 'make' a stallion, and i think him going there will really hinder him. also, a small fish in the big pond of kentucky.