Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-30-2009, 04:07 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi
Those sound up like made up names. You sure you aren't confusing the BC with some Playstation game?

Either that or I need to cut my subscription to the DRF and start getting the Racing Post instead.
They might not be spelled right but they were on the pre-entries

Yankee Injunity was in the Turf Sprint
Oasis Dreamer was in the Juv Turf
Old 10-30-2009, 06:35 PM
Flemington

http://www.drf.com/news/article/108571.html

I found this intriguing... The Rainbow View comment is discouraging. I thought she was one of the top 2,3 in the Ladies Classic, now I might not even use her.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:56 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985
http://www.drf.com/news/article/108571.html

I found this intriguing... The Rainbow View comment is discouraging. I thought she was one of the top 2,3 in the Ladies Classic, now I might not even use her.
Take those things with a grain of salt. The TVG clowns absolutely trashed Desert Code on "The Works" last year and we all know how that turned out.

Rainbow View might be a sluggish horse in the morning, they're all different.

NT
Old 10-30-2009, 09:05 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
Take those things with a grain of salt. The TVG clowns absolutely trashed Desert Code on "The Works" last year and we all know how that turned out.

Rainbow View might be a sluggish horse in the morning, they're all different.

NT

I know, but a 50k claimer is a 50k claimer, not Music Note who is in career form.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:27 AM
Woodbine

Default distaff

Z runs with the boys for only one reason.

Ducking Careless Jewel. A loss against the females stains her record, a loss against the boys mean nothing.

I want her to go in the Distaff, to fill in the second half of the exacta
Old 10-31-2009, 09:05 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironprospect
That would be lucrative.
Old 10-31-2009, 09:18 AM
Saratoga

Quote:

Ducking Careless Jewel. A loss against the females stains her record, a loss against the boys mean nothing.

You can have all the Careless Jewel you want on that track
Old 10-31-2009, 11:00 AM
Flemington

Quote:

This is the DUMBEST **** I HAVE EVER READ ON HERE. Music Note is CLEARLY THE HORSE TO BEAT. Zenyatta ducking Careless Jewel is so far from the truth, shes going to be the morning line favorite in the Classic, and has a huge chance to win.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:14 PM
Goodwood

Suddenly I feel like Music Note has no shot and Careless Jewel is the lock of the entire BC.

I should probably look over the pps though.
Old 10-31-2009, 01:52 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
Suddenly I feel like Music Note has no shot and Careless Jewel is the lock of the entire BC.

I should probably look over the pps though.
I have been looking at them for 2 days now, Music Note is in career form, her 3rd place run last year was better then even the connections expected and they are expecting a much better run this year.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:01 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
I have been looking at them for 2 days now, Music Note is in career form, her 3rd place run last year was better then even the connections expected and they are expecting a much better run this year.
Can you promise that your next handle will be SaeedBinSuroor1985?

NT
Old 10-31-2009, 02:08 PM
The Curragh

Everyone looks at how easy Zenyatta runs and thinks there's more....

That's what they said about Bernardini, and he got run down in the Classic. Sometimes there isn't more and they are already running as fast as they could.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:50 PM
Pimlico

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
Everyone looks at how easy Zenyatta runs and thinks there's more....

That's what they said about Bernardini, and he got run down in the Classic. Sometimes there isn't more and they are already running as fast as they could.
That's especially true when a horse's ears come forward. Sure sign of a horse giving all it has.
Old 10-31-2009, 03:02 PM
The Curragh

Add 2 or 3 lengths to Life Is Sweet in the Hollywood Gold Cup. That's about as good as Zenyatta is. There are a couple who will be better than that in the Classic.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:31 PM
Saratoga

Default Scav Notes

1) Zenyatta has no shot in the Classic, and if she goes in the Distaff, I'd expect her to get beat

2) I think I might be using Cocoa Beach, I know this is going to rile up the DT members but I just think she is going to run a big race, gut feeling

3) I fully expect Ventura to romp again

4) I think Connie and Michael will be a wise guy horse and shouldn't be touched

5) While I don't really like how Forever Together is coming into the race, I think she will like getting back to a real firm turf

6) California Flag has zero shot, really really focused on Lord Shanakill within the race

7) Zensational: No, Fatel Bullet: No

8) Think Colonel John is going to run a huge race, but not sure if it is enough
Old 10-31-2009, 07:46 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
1) Zenyatta has no shot in the Classic, and if she goes in the Distaff, I'd expect her to get beat

2) I think I might be using Cocoa Beach, I know this is going to rile up the DT members but I just think she is going to run a big race, gut feeling

5) While I don't really like how Forever Together is coming into the race, I think she will like getting back to a real firm turf

6) California Flag has zero shot, really really focused on Lord Shanakill within the race

Ok.... I have told at least one DT member that I beleive Lord Shanakill has a huge shot, I dont know how that makes you feel, but I will be using in the pick 3's.

I love Forever Together, shes CLEARLY the horse to beat. I fully expect her to run 1 more huge race here.

Colonel John is horrible.

Zensational Cant Cant Cant get beat. Hes the lock single, I always try beating these types, but in this case its a waste of money.

When I did my original top 3 Cocoa Beach was not even in there, as of now, I beleive her and Music Note are the girls 2 beat and I feel confident one of them win.

Zenyatta will run GIGANTIC. She is my choice in the classic, I think after this run people will truly realize her greatness, and I have never been a huge fan of her. I have tryed beating her several times using no name horses.

I think I picked Connie for third in a race, since then I have moved her right off... Way to much, way to soon, I feel Baffert holds the keys in both Juvy races.
Old 10-31-2009, 07:49 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Ok.... I have told at least one DT member that I beleive Lord Shanakill has a huge shot, I dont know how that makes you feel, but I will be using in the pick 3's.

I love Forever Together, shes CLEARLY the horse to beat. I fully expect her to run 1 more huge race here.

Colonel John is horrible.

Zensational Cant Cant Cant get beat. Hes the lock single, I always try beating these types, but in this case its a waste of money.

When I did my original top 3 Cocoa Beach was not even in there, as of now, I beleive her and Music Note are the girls 2 beat and I feel confident one of them win.

Zenyatta will run GIGANTIC. She is my choice in the classic, I think after this run people will truly realize her greatness, and I have never been a huge fan of her. I have tryed beating her several times using no name horses.

I think I picked Connie for third in a race, since then I have moved her right off... Way to much, way to soon, I feel Baffert holds the keys in both Juvy races.
How much to get you off Lord Shanakill?
Old 10-31-2009, 08:04 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:

I completely agree and am not interested in her at all. I think the quality of this field is getting completely missed. There might not be the proven commodities we've seen in the past but this field is full of consistent horses who can be very good on their day. I'd be willing to take Einstein in a head to head with Zenyatta.

I completely agree again and think that she wasn't right during the summer and fall. Her Lady's Secret was a good race and she apparently looked awesome this morning.

My biggest concern with her is that she's not going to get the pace setup she got last year. Going 7/8ths at that track, though, I'll take my chances with her. The only horses who can beat her are Informed Decision and maybe one of the Godolphins.

Anyone who bets Connie and Michael going two turns off of one six furlong race three weeks earlier should continue to play the game and contribute mightily to the pools because those are the type of people we need wagering consistently.

I'm going to try to beat her. The pace will be absolutely glacial and while that has not been a problem for her in the past I think she might not be QUITE the same as she was last year. It's going to be tough to keep her out of the trifecta.

I'm still figuring out this race but am positive California has no chance.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why Zensational is so good

I'm afraid his ship has sailed but wouldn't be surprised to see him finish in the bottom of the super. Einstein is my pseudo "wiseguy" Classic horse that seems to be falling under the radar.
NT
Old 10-31-2009, 09:31 PM
Flemington

Quote:
How much to get you off Lord Shanakill?

Im not totally on, I will be using with 3 others in the pick 3
Old 11-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Santa Anita

Omg, lord shanakil was gonna be my big tip for the weekend!! Back to the drawing board!!

#Grand