Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2009, 12:51 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
If you cant leave Asante Samuel on an island, then you cant leave anyone.

Fitzgerald will come down with it no matter who is covering him. The key is getting to Warner so he cant put it up for grabs.

Philly got here blitzing and they will win (or lose) blitzing.
It's not Zant I'm worried about. It's Sheldon. He looked lost on a few plays covering a pedestrian wideout corps, by comparison, yesterday. But have no fear, the undrafted Q is here.

And I love every time I see Joselio Hanson on the field over Lito Sheppard. Good riddance Lito. Way to up your value this year. We'll be FINE without you.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-12-2009, 12:52 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants
Fitzgerald is an incredible talent. Might be the best reciever of all time right now.

You think Andre Johnson is in his league?
Old 01-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
You think Andre Johnson is in his league?
I think Fitzgerald can do things that Johnson will never be able to do. Doesnt make Johnson any less of a player though...when he can stay healthy.
Old 01-12-2009, 01:08 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani
I think Fitzgerald can do things that Johnson will never be able to do. Doesnt make Johnson any less of a player though...when he can stay healthy.
Put a Boldin calibur WR on the other side of the field of AJ and see what happens. Andre accrued those stats with 2, sometimes 3 guys covering him.

Andre runs better routes but Fitz makes the catches that few could ever do. But still, IMO its...

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald

Not by much though. I love how Larry plays in the red zone. They could be at the 2 and its still a strong possibility they go to the quick slant.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-12-2009, 02:51 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Put a Boldin calibur WR on the other side of the field of AJ and see what happens. Andre accrued those stats with 2, sometimes 3 guys covering him.

Andre runs better routes but Fitz makes the catches that few could ever do. But still, IMO its...

1. Andre Johnson
2. Larry Fitzgerald

Not by much though. I love how Larry plays in the red zone. They could be at the 2 and its still a strong possibility they go to the quick slant.
Kevin Walter has shown that he is worthy. He's no Boldin, but is worthy enough to bring coverage to him. Plus Houston also has Owen Daniels.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:53 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club
Kevin Walter has shown that he is worthy. He's no Boldin, but is worthy enough to bring coverage to him. Plus Houston also has Owen Daniels.
Old 01-13-2009, 12:55 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
What happened this weekend in a game that had never happened before in the history of the NFL?
I hit a 4 team playoff parlay?
Old 01-13-2009, 08:52 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I hit a 4 team playoff parlay?
Redboarder.

NT
Old 01-13-2009, 09:15 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
Redboarder.

NT
See post #3 (it doesnt happen that often....)
Old 01-13-2009, 09:22 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
See post #3 (it doesnt happen that often....)
Reading is something I've tried to scale back on while lobbying unsubstantiated insults.

Congrats!

NT
Old 01-13-2009, 09:33 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215
Reading is something I've tried to scale back on while lobbying unsubstantiated insults.

Congrats!

NT
Thanks, like I said it doesnt happen very often!
Old 01-16-2009, 10:02 PM
Suffolk Downs

Default 2009nfcchamps

best defense philly best coach philly mvp #20 bigbrown the hitting machine man phillyand the over otherwise shaving not dissayingcards but think to clean out locker... philly going to the promise land . elturko cio
Old 01-18-2009, 08:47 AM
Newmarket

NFL Conference championship predictions

Who would have thought that the Cardinals would get to this point....a new team since the playoffs have begun averaging 30 points on offense and making the Panthers look like a high school team. A lot of luck and timely play got the Eagles this far, but now run into a "hot" Arizona team at home. I hated the Cardinals in both thier first two playoff games, missed the wedding....but crashing the reception.

CARDINALS 28 EAGLES 21 (sorry Steve and our other Eagle faithful)

Round three, the clash of AFC North teams is the nightcap and should be a "headbanger" once again. The Steelers are well rested and the offensive line gave Ben all day to throw. Willie Parker looks healthy again and they were firing on all cylinders. The Ravens have got the turnovers working in thier favor the last two weeks. Now, they meet for a third time this year where the first two games were close. The Ravens are a little beat up and the Steelers looked good off the bye. The third time won't be a charm.....

STEELERS 26 RAVENS 17

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 01-18-2009, 09:12 AM
Del Mar

Cardinal may have made Carolina look like a HS team, but that was Delhomme showing his 7th grade skills and the last few weeks have made me a believer in McNabb. The guy works well under pressure and I don't see him making the same mistakes. Add some decent weather and this will be a high scoring game.

Philly 42 Cardinals 34

As for the battle in Penn., cold and hard with nothing coming easy.

Pittsburgh 21, Baltimore 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff

Who would have thought that the Cardinals would get to this point....a new team since the playoffs have begun averaging 30 points on offense and making the Panthers look like a high school team. A lot of luck and timely play got the Eagles this far, but now run into a "hot" Arizona team at home. I hated the Cardinals in both thier first two playoff games, missed the wedding....but crashing the reception.

CARDINALS 28 EAGLES 21 (sorry Steve and our other Eagle faithful)

Round three, the clash of AFC North teams is the nightcap and should be a "headbanger" once again. The Steelers are well rested and the offensive line gave Ben all day to throw. Willie Parker looks healthy again and they were firing on all cylinders. The Ravens have got the turnovers working in thier favor the last two weeks. Now, they meet for a third time this year where the first two games were close. The Ravens are a little beat up and the Steelers looked good off the bye. The third time won't be a charm.....

STEELERS 26 RAVENS 17
Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by elturko
best defense philly best coach philly mvp #20 bigbrown the hitting machine man phillyand the over otherwise shaving not dissayingcards but think to clean out locker... philly going to the promise land . elturko cio
I don't speak Hooves, but from what I gather, I agree with. Hungover and ready to ROCK.........The defense that I've been trumping all year is finally clicking on all cylinders and playing to their capabilities, SCARY GOOD. Warner will see blitz's that make his old supermarket snow rushes look like the line for the deli/seafood section @ 6:30 in the morning. (dont ask me what that means)...He's the one that gets bagged up today.

Who else can see the story line??? McNabb wins the Super Bowl over the team that he was benched against. This city will ERUPT if they win today. Goosebump time.

GO BIRDS!!!

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-18-2009, 09:32 AM
The Curragh

I think that this could be the best day of NFL football we have seen in a long time. If you love physical throwback ball then the AFC game is right down your alley. The NFC matchup pairs two veteran QB's, with one the world had forgotten about but is back and better then ever and then their is Donovan McNabb, you can't help but pull for the guy to get a ring.

Arizona's defense is great, but the veteran at the QB spot after beeing benched has been on a mission. Andy Reid knows his way around the field, and I look for Philly to win. The Steelers are at home and if they get to the rookie Flacco who is not playing like one its lights out. Steelers win in an epic battle.

Eagles 35 Cardinals 21
Steelers 24 Ravens 14

Eagles win the Super Bowl because they will be healthier, these AFC teams go into this game beat up and will exit even more bruised.

Eagles 24 Steelers 21
Old 01-18-2009, 09:33 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff

CARDINALS 28 EAGLES 21(sorry Steve and our other Eagle faithful)

STEELERS 26 RAVENS 17
At least you HOPE so. ...You do not want to be facing either NFC team right now. Danger....Good Luck today Mark.

GO BIRDS

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-18-2009, 09:34 AM
Oaklawn

I like both dogs straight up today. Please feel free to use this information to back up the trucks on the favorites.
Old 01-18-2009, 09:58 AM
Narragansett Park

Pretty steady snow here in Pittsburgh since last night ... playing conditions/field might not be the greatest.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:06 AM
Flemington

As painful as it is for me to say this, I just can't see the Eagles losing today. I feel that Arizona is a fraud. I hope I am sooooooo wrong about this but I just think the Eagles are a much better team and will win this going away.

AFC, I think it will be the Steelers. I just think the Steelers offense will make a few more plays then the Ravens offense. Then it will force the Ravens/Flacco to have to play from behind and tryto open it up late. Which will probably lead to a Pitt defensive score.

Looking at an all Penn. Super Bowl. God help us!