Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-01-2011, 02:42 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Default Memphis continues their run

Defeat Okl City on the road on short rest to go up 1-0. Z. Randolph the star with 33 as he continues to play at high level...could this team make it to the finals?
Old 05-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Del Mar

I don't think this is so much of a "run" as it is they match up extremely well with the spurs and now the thunder. They had a winning record during the season against both teams.

On the offensive end, Ok City is a very flawed team. They have ZERO offense from the low post OR high post. Their point guard appears to be completely insane at times. Their best spark off the bench plays decently about every other game. The only dependable offense they have on the entire team is Durant. Memphis has two of the better perimeter defenders in the league in Tony Allen and Shane Battier. If Durant is contained and Westbrook is playing like a psycho, what can this team do????

Defensively, they are pretty good all the way around especially after they added Perkins. Even so, a huge team like Memphis still had their way inside as they did against the spurs which somewhat neutralizes the perimeter disadvantages. Based on sheer size alone, ok city will have to commit more men to defend the paint which will leave the Griz inferior perimeter players open.

Dallas and the Lakers are both pretty big up front. They aren't getting to the finals although I think they have a great shot at getting past Ok city.
Old 05-04-2011, 06:55 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
I don't think this is so much of a "run" as it is they match up extremely well with the spurs and now the thunder. They had a winning record during the season against both teams.

On the offensive end, Ok City is a very flawed team. They have ZERO offense from the low post OR high post. Their point guard appears to be completely insane at times. Their best spark off the bench plays decently about every other game. The only dependable offense they have on the entire team is Durant. Memphis has two of the better perimeter defenders in the league in Tony Allen and Shane Battier. If Durant is contained and Westbrook is playing like a psycho, what can this team do????

Defensively, they are pretty good all the way around especially after they added Perkins. Even so, a huge team like Memphis still had their way inside as they did against the spurs which somewhat neutralizes the perimeter disadvantages. Based on sheer size alone, ok city will have to commit more men to defend the paint which will leave the Griz inferior perimeter players open.

Dallas and the Lakers are both pretty big up front. They aren't getting to the finals although I think they have a great shot at getting past Ok city.
I'd say this is an excellent analysis. People are thinking that Memphis just came out of nowhere but really for the last 35-40 games of the season, they were really good. Even after the loss of Rudy Gay. They are not flukes at all in this post-season. I have OKC to win it in six but wouldn't be surprised at all to see Memphis win it. I agree that they don't get past Dallas or LA in the next round though if they get past this one. I think they'd match up better with LA though.
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine