Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-19-2012, 03:42 AM
Flemington

Default Nfl Playoffs/super Bowl

I don’t ever remember a year where the number 1 seeds in both conferences don’t have a prayer to win the Super Bowl. Not only win the Super Bowl, but even make it to the Super Bowl. Houston and Atlanta absolutely do not have a chance to win this thing. Houston is the biggest fraud I have ever seen in my career as a sports fan. Atlanta is OK, but not good enough. They are not better then San Fran or Green Bay. I’m not sure they could beat Washington or Seattle either. Washington and Seattle intrigue me. Seattle especially. They can run the ball, play great defense and they have a dynamic QB. Washington can run the ball and they also have a dynamic QB. Their defense is suspect. Atlanta might finish 14-2 and I would rate, at least San Fran, Green Bay and Seattle more likely than them to make the Super Bowl. I know they just killed the Giants, but I have grown to respect them way too much, if they get into the Playoffs they also have a better chance than Atlanta. Back to Houston. What a joke. Clear cut too biggest games of the season they don’t show up at all. Sunday night football they get buried by Green Bay, at home. Then the massacre in New England a few weeks ago. I would be pretty surprised if NE, Green Bay or San Fran don’t win the Super Bowl. Not totally shocked if Seattle got there. That NFC is loaded. Who is the easy out? The Colts are an easy out, IMO. The AFC is soft top to bottom. NE is legit and that’s it. I would say Atlanta is the easiest out in the NFC and they will likely be 14-2. Rare…..
Kaepernick is also intriguing in San Fran. He makes them 100x better. No disrespect to Alex Smith. He is solid enough and will be a starter somewhere next year. Kaepernick makes them different, he makes them good enough to win in New England. I’m sold. You heard it here first. Houston and Atlanta will not play for a Super Bowl.
If I had to handicap it like a horse race. I would have the AFC like this. NE would be an A. Denver would be a B and everyone else would be an X. NFC like this… Green Bay and San Fran would be A’s. Seattle, Washington and NY B’s. Everyone else X.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:48 AM
Ellis Park

Living in Houston for the last 25 years , and a Jets fans 1st, i do hope the Texans can atleast get to the AFC championship game. I am also not to sure that will happen, but if they can get home field thruout the playoffs..But now with your mush of them going no place....it certainly helps.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:58 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by santana View Post
Living in Houston for the last 25 years , and a Jets fans 1st, i do hope the Texans can atleast get to the AFC championship game. I am also not to sure that will happen, but if they can get home field thruout the playoffs..But now with your mush of them going no place....it certainly helps.
At least you commented on the topic before insulting me. Appreciate it.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:17 AM
Flemington

Dude, you insult yourself.
Old 12-19-2012, 06:29 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I don’t ever remember a year where the number 1 seeds in both conferences don’t have a prayer to win the Super Bowl. Not only win the Super Bowl, but even make it to the Super Bowl. Houston and Atlanta absolutely do not have a chance to win this thing. Houston is the biggest fraud I have ever seen in my career as a sports fan. Atlanta is OK, but not good enough. They are not better then San Fran or Green Bay. I’m not sure they could beat Washington or Seattle either. Washington and Seattle intrigue me. Seattle especially. They can run the ball, play great defense and they have a dynamic QB. Washington can run the ball and they also have a dynamic QB. Their defense is suspect. Atlanta might finish 14-2 and I would rate, at least San Fran, Green Bay and Seattle more likely than them to make the Super Bowl. I know they just killed the Giants, but I have grown to respect them way too much, if they get into the Playoffs they also have a better chance than Atlanta. Back to Houston. What a joke. Clear cut too biggest games of the season they don’t show up at all. Sunday night football they get buried by Green Bay, at home. Then the massacre in New England a few weeks ago. I would be pretty surprised if NE, Green Bay or San Fran don’t win the Super Bowl. Not totally shocked if Seattle got there. That NFC is loaded. Who is the easy out? The Colts are an easy out, IMO. The AFC is soft top to bottom. NE is legit and that’s it. I would say Atlanta is the easiest out in the NFC and they will likely be 14-2. Rare…..
Kaepernick is also intriguing in San Fran. He makes them 100x better. No disrespect to Alex Smith. He is solid enough and will be a starter somewhere next year. Kaepernick makes them different, he makes them good enough to win in New England. I’m sold. You heard it here first. Houston and Atlanta will not play for a Super Bowl.
If I had to handicap it like a horse race. I would have the AFC like this. NE would be an A. Denver would be a B and everyone else would be an X. NFC like this… Green Bay and San Fran would be A’s. Seattle, Washington and NY B’s. Everyone else X.
Being a sports fan is by no means a career.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:51 AM
Dee Tee Stables

I would greatly appreciate it if you, rht, would never type 'washington' or'redskin' or any abbreviation of either. If you agree to that, and completely refrain from ever mentioning the skins, i will never give you a hard time again.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:53 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by herkhorse View Post
Dude, you insult yourself.
Seriously.
Old 12-19-2012, 08:44 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

i thought i was gonna get auto-toss winners ..
Old 12-19-2012, 08:55 AM
Coach Pants

If Houston and Atlanta make the Super Bowl how pissed will all of us be that we didn't put a Benjamin on that prop?

Quick! We need a list of offshores with the best odds!
Old 12-19-2012, 08:58 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
i thought i was gonna get auto-toss winners ..

Here's one for you. Northern Illinois will thrash FSU. Now go back to your swamp
Old 12-19-2012, 09:02 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
Here's one for you. Northern Illinois will thrash FSU. Now go back to your swamp
Moneyline or Points?
Old 12-19-2012, 09:31 AM
Flemington

Quote:
FSU IS TRASH. NIU WILL COVER AT LEAST.
And we all know Notre Dame wins on the up.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Coach Pants

My opinion on the FSU-NIU game is you're a f.ucking idiot if you're confident about the outcome of this one. Especially considering Stoops is gone.

Football experts that I respect are highly suspect of the whole family. FSU's defense could have a remarkable game against NIU. That defense is still tough as nails and maybe the coaching change will help.

One thing is for sure you have a record on the Stoops boys in bowl games. It ain't good, son.
Old 12-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
If Houston and Atlanta make the Super Bowl how pissed will all of us be that we didn't put a Benjamin on that prop?

Quick! We need a list of offshores with the best odds!
CP3. Glad your back. It comes out to around 8.50~1 to parlay them meeting in the Super Bowl.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:10 PM

Quote:
hey, kenny powers easy..fsu will destroy the niu team..by 21. its ejs last chance to impress.and im off of them as a team. im all miami u from here forward.. im very familliar with northern ill u.. ive had many a party up that way.. this aint northwestern..
Old 12-20-2012, 01:26 PM
Morris Park

To win Super Bowl Atl +700 Hou+550 Atl could be for real.
Old 12-21-2012, 05:38 AM
Flemington

2 minutes apart. HMMM
Old 12-21-2012, 09:13 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
hey, kenny powers easy..fsu will destroy the niu team..by 21. its ejs last chance to impress.and im off of them as a team. im all miami u from here forward.. im very familliar with northern ill u.. ive had many a party up that way.. this aint northwestern..

Da ya really think FSU could possibly get up for this game. NIU will be sky high and ready for action. Optimum effort is expected
Old 12-21-2012, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Da ya really think FSU could possibly get up for this game. NIU will be sky high and ready for action. Optimum effort is expected
stoops was the problem..they couldent contain on the outside..ej will blow them out.optimum effort will get their feelings hurt.

look for the german kid to be headhunting...
Old 12-21-2012, 07:19 PM
Flemington

Quote:
stoops was the problem..they couldent contain on the outside..ej will blow them out.optimum effort will get their feelings hurt.

look for the german kid to be headhunting...
Dude I know its your team and I liked there chances when Va Tech fell apart. But EJ SUCKS. And this team let's down a lot.