Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-08-2006, 05:10 AM
oracle80

Default Debutante Stakes

Seaside Affair is going to be scratched from today's Debutante Stakes. Shes been purchased privately and is heading to her new trainer. A sharp agent liked her debut.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:37 AM
oracle80

I expect the horse who beat Seaside in her debut to win the race. Chagall, trained By Pletcher, was very good in her debut. The Bashford Manor is going to be a real nice race. Pletcher's horse and Fires horse both looked very good in their debuts and although Fires horse has more early speed, I think Quay will be very hard to beat as well.
Old 07-08-2006, 05:49 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Seaside Affair is going to be scratched from today's Debutante Stakes. Shes been purchased privately and is heading to her new trainer. A sharp agent liked her debut.
Good one. I saw that race. Bit slow break, waayyy wide. Big run. Shall root for Chagall there. You like C. Quay today? They certainly didn't make the late 3/4 easy today with the $15k 9th.

8th... 7,1
9th... still working
10th... 8
11th... 9,6,4,
Old 07-08-2006, 05:57 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
Good one. I saw that race. Bit slow break, waayyy wide. Big run. Shall root for Chagall there. You like C. Quay today? They certainly didn't make the late 3/4 easy today with the $15k 9th.

8th... 7,1
9th... still working
10th... 8
11th... 9,6,4,
Quay's a monster. He rolls.

Seaside's debut had me on the phone with Mark Reid before the horses had even galloped back to be unsaddled, brought me out of my chair. Slow break, HUGE wide move on the turn, only lost a length to that nice Pletcher who cost 825,000. I knew that Seaside would get a better sheet number than Chagall did and told Mark, we gotta get her. Took two weeks but it was signed. sealed, delivered I'm yours yesterday.
Turns out I was right about the sheet number. On Thorograph she got a slightly better number than Chagall did, and she had the fastest number on Thoro Graph of any horse in the race.
You wanna be an agent you can't wait three days for that info to come out, you have to be able to watch a race and have a grat opinion on that stuff, as son as they hit the line and then start dialing for dollars. I think this was a good one.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:10 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Quay's a monster. He rolls.

Seaside's debut had me on the phone with Mark Reid before the horses had even galloped back to be unsaddled, brought me out of my chair. Slow break, HUGE wide move on the turn, only lost a length to that nice Pletcher who cost 825,000. I knew that Seaside would get a better sheet number than Chagall did and told Mark, we gotta get her. Took two weeks but it was signed. sealed, delivered I'm yours yesterday.
Turns out I was right about the sheet number. On Thorograph she got a slightly better number than Chagall did, and she had the fastest number on Thoro Graph of any horse in the race.
You wanna be an agent you can't wait three days for that info to come out, you have to be able to watch a race and have a grat opinion on that stuff, as son as they hit the line and then start dialing for dollars. I think this was a good one.
It will be a good one, Mike. I'll put her on my W-list. Would think she'd run back fairly soon. And, I don't want to be an agent. LOL. I DO want to hit this late 3/4 and the 2yo races are going to be chalky, so I gotta go only 1-2 deep in the 9th. Got to use My Liliana. Got to toss Possess and Air Kaper. The 5,7,8 al look ploddingly slow. Satiable? Bark Alley? Ordway looks too chalky compared to Bark.
Old 07-08-2006, 07:38 AM
Goodwood

Quote:

Very nice work getting that one. I was all over her today.

Guess we'll have to wait for the next one.

I can't overlook Richwoman in the race. Not a fan of all of the travel, but she's done nothing wrong. Also giving Shermanesque a shot to get into the win photo in the Bash Man.

Bigs

Last edited by Bigsmc : 07-08-2006 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:44 AM
Cunningham Racing

What trainer is getting her?...Who is the buyer?

Richwoman should be better than the Pletcher piece, but a VERY interesting dark horse in their is Gallant Dreamer shipping in from La Downs...I'm telling you that this one can run....don't pay attention to Andy Beyer's figure in her maiden win....that was the only race that short on the entire card, so how the hell could they even get an accurate speed figure?...It's garbage..she won easy and was also best in her debut but lost to a horse with the Golden speed rail at KEE.....Richwoman and Chagall are chalk.....Gallant Dreamer will be a very good price and can factor late in thsi race...worth using...

As for the Bashford Manor, I still think Run Alex Run is the goods and will be tough to catch once he shakes off Chase City at the top of the stretch....Circular Quay is nice but he WILL get a wider trip from his outside post and I still believe he will be better at longer distances and doesn't have to win this race today at 6 furlongs....no value with him - that's for sure...

Lukas' maiden can REALLY run according to the clockers, but can he beat these first time out?...Doubt it....could hit the board though.....
Old 07-08-2006, 08:46 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
What trainer is getting her?...Who is the buyer?

Richwoman should be better than the Pletcher piece, but a VERY interesting dark horse in their is Gallant Dreamer shipping in from La Downs...I'm telling you that this one can run....don't pay attention to Andy Beyer's figure in her maiden win....that was the only race that short on the entire card, so how the hell could they even get an accurate speed figure?...It's garbage..she won easy and was also best in her debut but lost to a horse with the Golden speed rail at KEE.....Richwoman and Chagall are chalk.....Gallant Dreamer will be a very good price and can factor late in thsi race...worth using...

As for the Bashford Manor, I still think Run Alex Run is the goods and will be tough to catch once he shakes off Chase City at the top of the stretch....Circular Quay is nice but he WILL get a wider trip from his outside post and I still believe he will be better at longer distances and doesn't have to win this race today at 6 furlongs....no value with him - that's for sure...

Lukas' maiden can REALLY run according to the clockers, but can he beat these first time out?...Doubt it....could hit the board though.....

Joel will Pm you that privately.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:06 AM
Churchill Downs

I noticed that it was hard for front-runners to hold on at Churchill yesterday on the main track. Only Witch Woman led gate-to-wire, otherwise early speed was not the way to go on the dirt. If this continues today, watch out for the speed-and-fade types - they will be vulnerable.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:45 AM
Hollywood Park

Default Oracle 80 - Congrats

Mike:

Congrats on the purchase of Seaside Lady. Looks like a real nice filly... Best of Luck with her and have placed her on my watch list. Suspect she could end up in the Dutrow barn. Guess the over/under on the purchase price right around $300,000.

Speaking of Tricky Dicky - really like his #1 horse today at Belmont in the 7th and also really like his horse in the nightcap at Churchill Downs. Will play the chalky Circle Quay/ Dutrow late double at CD many times...

Looks like a really good day for Todd and Dutrow once again....

Later,

Paul
Old 07-08-2006, 11:20 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSH
Mike:

Congrats on the purchase of Seaside Lady. Looks like a real nice filly... Best of Luck with her and have placed her on my watch list. Suspect she could end up in the Dutrow barn. Guess the over/under on the purchase price right around $300,000.

Speaking of Tricky Dicky - really like his #1 horse today at Belmont in the 7th and also really like his horse in the nightcap at Churchill Downs. Will play the chalky Circle Quay/ Dutrow late double at CD many times...

Looks like a really good day for Todd and Dutrow once again....

Later,

Paul
Its not Rick and I can never even elude to price.
Great luck to you today.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Hollywood Park

Default Seaside

Just having a little fun guessing, would be surprised if you did tell us.

Lets go and make some money .....