Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-07-2006, 10:01 PM
Flemington

Default Dr. ***er Stakes at Arlington

Toughest damn track(and circuit in general) to make money at,but they have a terrific race tomorrow.
Old 07-07-2006, 10:24 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Toughest damn track(and circuit in general) to make money at,but they have a terrific race tomorrow.
...and a great horse to honor
That all you women might need to know
Old 07-08-2006, 12:01 AM
Bowie

I used to be decent at capping Arlington but whenever i go there now (I live 5 minutes away and actually work there), I get completely owned. Pretty depressing dumping 1/2 my bi-weekly check back into the pools.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:11 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
I looked at the race and it's a very nice one for
$40k. Seems the question is what to do with Nkosi Reigns. Ok 2nd in this race last year, but just a 4-horse field there. And he's obviously off-form going into this today.... not the case last year. And he's won going 2-turns only at Hawthorne. I also don't care for the other Illinois breds in here, Wantedtobeagray, Air Academy, High Expectations. All nice but they all get second-flight trips here and doubtful any of them can pass three or four others to win.

That leaves the inside three and I'll take 2 It's No Joke at 4-1+ to win this race and play him over the 1 and 3. Chalky, but looks solid to me and if Nkosi takes some betting action, looks even better.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:40 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
I looked at the race and it's a very nice one for
$40k. Seems the question is what to do with Nkosi Reigns. Ok 2nd in this race last year, but just a 4-horse field there. And he's obviously off-form going into this today.... not the case last year. And he's won going 2-turns only at Hawthorne. I also don't care for the other Illinois breds in here, Wantedtobeagray, Air Academy, High Expectations. All nice but they all get second-flight trips here and doubtful any of them can pass three or four others to win.

That leaves the inside three and I'll take 2 It's No Joke at 4-1+ to win this race and play him over the 1 and 3. Chalky, but looks solid to me and if Nkosi takes some betting action, looks even better.
Yea,no matter what I would try there,they will do something else.High Expectations is in love with the track,and(unlike N REINS)would seem to be able to go 9f(atleast sometime in his career he has handled it.)Probably the results will be pretty close to what S TO STUD wrote.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:46 PM
Flemington

H EXPECTATIONS,AND AMERICAN MAN are scratches.Now it is a tough race to pick that pays nothing.Like 80% of the races there.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:17 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by intense
I used to be decent at capping Arlington but whenever i go there now (I live 5 minutes away and actually work there), I get completely owned. Pretty depressing dumping 1/2 my bi-weekly check back into the pools.
Intense,
I hear your pain. You need to find Playa (John) and hang out with him for a day. He'll help you make some of it back.
DTS