Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-08-2006, 12:47 PM
taoaracing

Huh: Im glad that you keep on bashing my job. Although I never said I wanted durkins job . I could care less about announcing in New York or announcing t-breds . Although I have many friends whom announce t-breds and are at big tracks . I myself have the best of it all . Easiest job in the world . So keep bashing what I do it is funny.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:32 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoaracing
Huh: Im glad that you keep on bashing my job. Although I never said I wanted durkins job . I could care less about announcing in New York or announcing t-breds . Although I have many friends whom announce t-breds and are at big tracks . I myself have the best of it all . Easiest job in the world . So keep bashing what I do it is funny.
Not directed at your job actually, it was your starting a thread last week bashing Durkin every which way and calling him an a$$ amongst other things.
You didn't say you wanted his job but it was sort of obvious from the rant and the fact that you said you were also a race caller. I immediately interpreted it as jealousy of someone more succesful in your profession than you are.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:37 PM
taoaracing

Not at all Jim: My rant was directed to the fact that he is held up high and he has some of the worst calls in the past year. The man called Invasor 10 times in a 20 second period it was pathetic. Lets get this straight I am not interested, in his job, I am not jealous of his job, I just made a comment . I make good money and wouldnt change places with anybody anywhere.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:40 PM
seconditis

Oracle, I feel your pain. Usually when I see a race where a horse is bet hard that is a dog on paper, I will totally sit it out. I know it's barn money and they have the insight, but I'd rather not bet at all then back a dog on paper. Problem is like you said, in pick 3's or 4's you don't know ahead of time that this is going to happen. Is there anyway to check the pools for future races? It would be nice to know a horse who is 20-1 is going to be a chalk. I wouldn't have a problem with playing a few tickets using the horse as a single if I could see it ahead of time.
Old 07-08-2006, 04:57 PM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by seconditis
Oracle, I feel your pain. Usually when I see a race where a horse is bet hard that is a dog on paper, I will totally sit it out. I know it's barn money and they have the insight, but I'd rather not bet at all then back a dog on paper. Problem is like you said, in pick 3's or 4's you don't know ahead of time that this is going to happen. Is there anyway to check the pools for future races? It would be nice to know a horse who is 20-1 is going to be a chalk. I wouldn't have a problem with playing a few tickets using the horse as a single if I could see it ahead of time.
That was more than barn money. That was everybody in the joint money. Nobody who can read a DRF or watch a race bet the horse, that I can tell you. And as far as the jockey being good and breeding being good, only small betting chumps bet that stuff, it never really affects the pools. That race ought to be investigated.