Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-28-2006, 09:57 PM
Saratoga

I'll tell you guys this, Mena moving to KY can only be beneficial for people like us that have seen him day in and day out. Guy couldn't ride a speed horse to save his life but he is going to be an automatic play for me on ANY closer down there.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:08 PM
Louisiana Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
Habersham, do you ever work at Trackside? If so doing what? I'm trying to figure out who you are. I know I must have crossed paths with you hundreds of times.

ArlJim....nope don't work at Trackside buy just hang out there a couple days a week usually to play Hollywood or Lone Star after Arlington is done racing....I do work at Arlington though...my job is very unimportant there but is fun because I don't do much and is very laid back.....plus I have one of the best boss at Arlington (its not Mr. D)
Old 06-28-2006, 10:19 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habersham000
ArlJim....nope don't work at Trackside buy just hang out there a couple days a week usually to play Hollywood or Lone Star after Arlington is done racing....I do work at Arlington though...my job is very unimportant there but is fun because I don't do much and is very laid back.....plus I have one of the best boss at Arlington (its not Mr. D)
I see. Well I don't go to the actual track much, but I do make it to trackside most weekends.

Great job description! Fun, unimportant, don't do much, laid back. If you also say well paid then I've got to ask you for a reference!! lol
Old 06-28-2006, 11:48 PM
Louisiana Downs

Arljim not good pay...its a summer job for a college student....

just say this on drf....Jockey Miguel Mena, tied for eighth place in the Arlington standings with 16 wins, has left Chicago and will ride at Ellis Park. Noted agent Steve Elzey will represent him. Elzey's main Arlington rider, Rafael Mojica, now is represented here by Randy Romero II, who had been booking mounts for Mena.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:42 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
I see. Well I don't go to the actual track much, but I do make it to trackside most weekends.

Great job description! Fun, unimportant, don't do much, laid back. If you also say well paid then I've got to ask you for a reference!! lol
Why don't you go to Arlington at all? Your missing out
Old 06-29-2006, 09:05 AM
Saratoga

Borel is taking the Ellis Park meet off so this makes even MORE sense now...Mena will be leading rider at Ellis
Old 06-30-2006, 02:12 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scav
Why don't you go to Arlington at all? Your missing out
I just can't get comfortable and focused. Too many distractions.
With that said I'm thinking I might try a little party in the park tomorrow. just to unwind, not serious playing. Maybe I'll have a couple of cold ones with John Frank. On the other board I promised I would say hi and introduce myself to him. You know he thinks I'm someone else!!!!