Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-21-2012, 04:15 PM
pointmanscousin

One more thing....Rodgers' is going to put that fake touchdown play into the game plan for next week.

Bet it works, too.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:22 PM
Santa Anita

As dumb as it sounds, here's what I do if I'm new owner. Keep Mr Rogers as coach. Do not restart it, do not do anything. They're the youngest team in the league. They do have some talent. Weeden is getting better each and every game with Mr rogers. Let it go. Everyone hated Belichick when he was in Cleveland too. Turned out he could coach. It won't happen, but I would keep him as stupid as it sounds.
Old 10-21-2012, 04:37 PM
pointmanscousin

I.......I...............................

I need some time to compose myself.

It's not working.

thud!
Old 10-22-2012, 08:44 AM
Santa Anita

Lot's of times the opposite is true. In fact so far the opposite, the false is true. Maybe in Mr Rogers case, well, maybe???? Perhaps it is a thud. with cleveland sporty things you just have to completely lose your mind at times in analysis and just go to false analysis
Old 10-22-2012, 08:45 AM
Santa Anita

ON to the probation division of the leaders division championship of the big 10!

or is is legends division, probation subset of the big 10....it gets so confusing to split it out.
Old 10-22-2012, 09:04 AM
Santa Anita

yeah enough of this Browns nonsense and you have to take the "opposite" is true stance to defend them, lets go to pure quality.....

I’m one of those guys that doesn’t think a MLB manager makes a great deal of difference to a team’s record. That’s why I still don’t understand the Terry Francona hiring. And I may never understand why Francona wanted the job given the dearth of talent he inherits here.

Take a look at the lineup of position players objectively and tell me this team isn’t a long way off. Third base is a hole with either an ineffective veteran like Jack Hannahan or unproven young player Lonnie Chisenhall in line for most of the time there.

AT SS you have a solid MLB player in Cabrera.

At 2B you have a decent player in Jason Kipnis, but he’s a guy Tribe fans currently overvalue. I love Kipnis and his approach and believe he has a chance to elevate himself from ‘decent’ to ‘good’. But if you think he’s beyond that right now then take a look at the Tigers Omar Infante, a guy who personifies ‘decent’, and tell me Kipnis is the better player. He’s not. Infante out produces Kipnis pretty much everywhere other than in stolen bases.

First base is a hole that has no promise of being fulfilled by a Tribe prospect, your productive (but not elite) RF will likely be gone at the end of 2013 if not before, your CF is solid, your LF is non-existent and your catcher is an enigma who’s quickly running out of ‘prospect’ status. That doesn’t even include how erratic your top two pitchers in the rotation were this season and that you have no “can’t miss” pitching prospects on the farm ready to burst on the scene.

That’s a lot of mediocrity to overcome, which would be one thing if you could buy your way out of it, but the Indians can’t/won’t do that. That’s why I can’t help but be bearish on the Indians chances heading into 2013. This team needs way too many breaks and once again you’re betting on the “if come” if you think they’ll contend next season.

(in other words we're back in the late 70s 80s!! 1975-1992 we're right at the beginning of that period) we do have a 25 win Cav season commencing next week so there is that.
Old 10-22-2012, 01:26 PM
pointmanscousin

That was uncalled for
Old 10-22-2012, 01:27 PM
pointmanscousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
Lot's of times the opposite is true. In fact so far the opposite, the false is true. Maybe in Mr Rogers case, well, maybe???? Perhaps it is a thud. with cleveland sporty things you just have to completely lose your mind at times in analysis and just go to false analysis
!!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:27 PM
pointmanscousin

Quote:
ON to the probation division of the leaders division championship of the big 10!

or is is legends division, probation subset of the big 10....it gets so confusing to split it out.
Let's have a score prediction.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:07 PM
Coach Pants

Let me be the first to apologize for Todd Ple...err Nick Saban's handling of Trent Richardson. Now granted the kid looked like a 30 year old man when he was 18. It wasn't the steroids.

Old 10-22-2012, 03:17 PM
pointmanscousin

Oh gosh,hat were pretty funny.

But now that I think of the analogy....it's sssso true.
Old 10-22-2012, 04:57 PM
pointmanscousin

Quote:

It's State Penn -1.

That's really going out on a limb,but America will soon speak.

Don't know who wins, but the score should be ,oh....say like 72-71 or 3-2.
Old 10-22-2012, 06:58 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointmanscousin View Post
Oh gosh,hat were pretty funny.

But now that I think of the analogy....it's sssso true.
Hey we all kid ourselves in these kid games played by adults and administered by lunatics.

At least our teams aren't administered by kiddy fiddlers.
Old 10-22-2012, 08:35 PM
Del Mar

You two should go on the road.
Old 10-23-2012, 08:38 AM
pointmanscousin

Mr. Arachnid;

I am not in a state of full understanding as to what : 1) "you two" is...or are 2) What "take it on he road " means.

Thanks so much,

ClydeyPoo
Old 10-23-2012, 08:43 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
It's State Penn -1.

That's really going out on a limb,but America will soon speak.

Don't know who wins, but the score should be ,oh....say like 72-71 or 3-2.
I couldn't predict this game at all so I will. Penn State's qb who appeared to really stink the last two years is playing really well. which perhaps gives credence that the game had passed by the corpses running the show previously. Miller I guess is playing for OSU although he didn't look good before his injury against Purdue who really stinks and they were very lucky to beat them. I could see either team winning or losing by 20. I'll say OSU 38-28. Penn State's field goal kicker is really bad too, after he missed 5 field goals and an extra point against Virginia, they go for it on 4th down inside the 35 unless they're inside the 10. That will bite them this game ( although they haven't lost since that game with that strategy).
Old 10-23-2012, 08:48 AM
pointmanscousin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Hey we all kid ourselves in these kid games played by adults and administered by lunatics.

At least our teams aren't administered by kiddy fiddlers.
They do have somewhat of a negative image to overcome;that being looked at as a Catholic school.

"White out" shows a lack of racial jurisprudence and only adds to the tarnish.

I will not be an Ohio State fan again until Luke Fickell is back as head coach,as long as it is for less than a one million dollar salary.
Old 10-23-2012, 01:44 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:
They do have somewhat of a negative image to overcome;that being looked at as a Catholic school.

"White out" shows a lack of racial jurisprudence and only adds to the tarnish.

I will not be an Ohio State fan again until Luke Fickell is back as head coach,as long as it is for less than a one million dollar salary.
Hey isn't fickell still D coordinator? I know why the D stinks this year now, It's an underhanded plot by Urban to can the D coordinator after the season!
Old 10-23-2012, 04:09 PM
pointmanscousin

Quote:
I couldn't predict this game at all so I will. Penn State's qb who appeared to really stink the last two years is playing really well. which perhaps gives credence that the game had passed by the corpses running the show previously. Miller I guess is playing for OSU although he didn't look good before his injury against Purdue who really stinks and they were very lucky to beat them. I could see either team winning or losing by 20. I'll say OSU 38-28. Penn State's field goal kicker is really bad too, after he missed 5 field goals and an extra point against Virginia, they go for it on 4th down inside the 35 unless they're inside the 10. That will bite them this game ( although they haven't lost since that game with that strategy).
Good deal.

Am noting you as grossly overestimating Ohio State.
Old 10-23-2012, 04:12 PM
pointmanscousin

Quote:
Hey isn't fickell still D coordinator? I know why the D stinks this year now, It's an underhanded plot by Urban to can the D coordinator after the season!

You know it!!

Actually, he is....but Inner City brought in a guy from another school to co-coordinate the defense.He has only mentioned Fickell since the Indiana disaster, further indicating this lurid plot.