Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-08-2008, 03:30 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishofNDMan
embarrassing by me??
Not by you.....you were just repeating it for our amusement. We understood where it was coming from......the kids of the horse's connections.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:32 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
Not by you.....you were just repeating it for our amusement. We understood where it was coming from......the kids of the horse's connections.
I'm sure you have given out some bad picks before, who doesn't in this game? You actually gave me the 8 the other day when I already bet the 12, who won and the 8 finished well up the track.

You're not going to be perfect all the time.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:32 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor
Im surprised that he didn't break down the way he was running (or lack there of) towards the wire. It looked like he was dragging his front legs.

If he ever wins on the dirt, it will be going shorter, and/or against claimers. He's just not much horse. He certainly has finished poorly going a mile the last two times. And, both times he had pretty easy trips.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:35 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
I'm sure you have given out some bad picks before, who doesn't in this game? You actually gave me the 8 the other day when I already bet the 12, who won and the 8 finished well up the track.

Irish..Don't pull a Fischer on us.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:36 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpsoxfan
Irish..Don't pull a Fischer on us.
I'm just saying, I can handle crap when I post picks, but obviously some will be winners and some will be losers, we all have that so why attack someone?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:

First of all, I can't figure out why you seem to be taking this personally. Nobody here is criticizing you.

This relates to the tout from the other day, and today's example shows the complete randomness of racetrack info. It was totally random that they were right the other day. It will happen occasionally. But, for the most part, backstretch info is garbage and misleading.

Do you have any idea how many barns like their horses in any given race?
Old 02-08-2008, 03:37 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
I'm just saying, I can handle crap when I post picks, but obviously some will be winners and some will be losers, we all have that so why attack someone?

Nobody is attacking you. You are taking this completely the wrong way.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:38 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
First of all, I can't figure out why you seem to be taking this personally. Nobody here is criticizing you.

This relates to the tout from the other day, and today's example shows the complete randomness of racetrack info. It was totally random that they were right the other day. It will happen occasionally. But, for the most part, backstretch info is garbage and misleading.

Do you have any idea how many barns like their horses in any given race?
I completely understand when you say barn talk is for the most part garbage, just thought the whole facebook prediction thread would stir up some good post seeing as how it "luckily" worked the first time. If you bet Alaazo and then Goldsville, you would still be up money.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:40 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Nobody is attacking you. You are taking this completely the wrong way.
I understand noone is attacking me, and even if someone was it won't hurt my feelings, I can handle it and will be back posting shortly after.
Old 02-08-2008, 03:44 PM
The Curragh

No facebook tip for Race 8, but here is one straight from IrishofNDMan himself.

#2 Pass Play win/place
Old 02-08-2008, 03:57 PM
The Curragh

Just read this facebook response on the Kentucky Derby group board.

"Goldsville entered for tomorrow he should run very well, has been training very well. His last race he didnt get the best of trips. Also Beware Tamar is entered on Sunday in a maiden race , watch out for this one she is a major major contender for the oaks"

I guess I would have to agree that somethings are very over the top. Everyone filly or colt in their barn is a "major" contender for the derby or oaks.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:03 PM
Jerome Park

A Billy Mott 3YO debuting in mid February, at 6F, should be a major factor for the Oaks.

Maybe you should ask him if he means Indiana Oaks.

It's nice that they're enthusiastic.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:06 PM
The Curragh

Every horse in the barn that is 3 is going to either the Derby or Oaks, atleast that is the message that I get.

How's this message from some random person:

"AP Indy-Atelier is pretty nice but you guys haven't seen the Derby winner yet. The winner will be Old Ninety Eight. Pedigree is Storm Cat-Manistique. He will break his maiden in 2 weeks at Gulfstream and then be launched into the Derby picture. "
Old 02-08-2008, 04:07 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Every horse in the barn that is 3 is going to either the Derby or Oaks, atleast that is the message that I get.

"AP Indy-Atelier is pretty nice but you guys haven't seen the Derby winner yet. The winner will be Old Ninety Eight. Pedigree is Storm Cat-Manistique. He will break his maiden in 2 weeks at Gulfstream and then be launched into the Derby picture. "

Manistique was pretty damn good.....and f'n huge.

It's going to be pretty hard for the announcer distinguishing between 20 horses with the same silks.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:10 PM
Santa Anita

Quote:

Oh awesome!! I LOVED that filly!! She was so damn huge too! Hated to see her leave when she did. Glad to know I have learned of her offspring. Look forward to seeing him run in 2 weeks.
Old 02-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Fairgrounds

Default Thanks for the selections

Quote:
I completely understand when you say barn talk is for the most part garbage, just thought the whole facebook prediction thread would stir up some good post seeing as how it "luckily" worked the first time. If you bet Alaazo and then Goldsville, you would still be up money.
Now go back to the frat house and get ready for the mixer with the Kappa Delt's this weekend!!
Old 02-08-2008, 07:20 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by asudevil
Now go back to the frat house and get ready for the mixer with the Kappa Delt's this weekend!!
not a frat guy, but after a real good Red Lobster dinner (doesn't come often for a college student) I'm ready to step back down into my price range with some Busch Light! Classy I know.
Old 02-08-2008, 07:29 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
not a frat guy, but after a real good Red Lobster dinner (doesn't come often for a college student) I'm ready to step back down into my price range with some Busch Light! Classy I know.
I am really not a Red Lobster fan...but those f'n biscuits do have some disturbing yet magical qualities...
Old 02-08-2008, 07:46 PM
The Curragh

Facebook Tip:

Feel like Lance Armstrong yet get drunk at the same time while playing the "Tour De Franzia". Break up into teams of 4, with each team having a box of Franzia wine. For fun, every team has a stationary bike and you take turns with members of your team riding the bike and chugging the box wine, first team to finish their box is the winner!
Old 02-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Facebook Tip:

Feel like Lance Armstrong yet get drunk at the same time while playing the "Tour De Franzia". Break up into teams of 4, with each team having a box of Franzia wine. For fun, every team has a stationary bike and you take turns with members of your team riding the bike and chugging the box wine, first team to finish their box is the winner!

What does the first team who throws up get?