Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-02-2006, 09:09 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Default Opinions High Finance

This horse is nearly always in the mix, even tho mostly maidens. He is comming of of an impressive win after the maiden score.I generaly dont like top horses that take more than 3 or 4 races to break maiden. The last looks like a nice one. Should we think this horse move forward or regress in the Belmont. I know if a win is anticipated he will need a signifant move forward but does his Sheet numbers sugest a regression or a competetive race?
Old 06-02-2006, 10:43 AM
Churchill Downs

Let's see..Broke maiden in 4th at 7f and then wires a n1x...now he's asked in a G1, although not exactly proven G1 competition...He should be one of the early leaders and has held well when pressed early. The maiden loss to Bernandini looks a whole lot better now, though he was crushed that day. I think it's definately a stretch, though I guess I could see him playing a part if he got a really slow pace, ala Commendable.
Old 06-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Washington Park

No thanks. Never beyond 8f and he should get the front...but will have Bluegrass Cat, Bob and John, and Deputy Glitters breathing down his neck the whole way. If he can hold those three off the whole way kudos to him, but he's going to have to beat me
Old 06-02-2006, 11:02 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1st_Saturday_in_May
No thanks. Never beyond 8f and he should get the front...but will have Bluegrass Cat, Bob and John, and Deputy Glitters breathing down his neck the whole way. If he can hold those three off the whole way kudos to him, but he's going to have to beat me
And me too...
Old 06-02-2006, 11:07 AM
Ellis Park

Horse loves Belmont and his numbers are just as good as Sunrivers. Peaking at the right time. Bob and John snd Sunriver are the only two I think that could beat him. He will be the best value in the race so HF is likely my play.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:10 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exceller
Horse loves Belmont and his numbers are just as good as Sunrivers. Peaking at the right time. Bob and John snd Sunriver are the only two I think that could beat him. He will be the best value in the race so HF is likely my play.
I like him... I just don't think he'll get a mile and a half.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Cunningham Racing

He is the pace setter and nothing more...should get well clear early, but Bluegrass Cat, Bob and John and Deputy Glitters will be in the second flight stalking him and those three classier colts will overhaul him when they want to...probably approaching the far turn....your winner is likely to come from whoever proves best of that group of three...
Old 06-02-2006, 11:15 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I like him... I just don't think he'll get a mile and a half.
Strong possibility he won't go that far but if the odds are right I will take a shot.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:15 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Spoken like a true West Point member? Are you a West Point partner Exceller? If so good luck in the race.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
He is the pace setter and nothing more...should get well clear early, but Bluegrass Cat, Bob and John and Deputy Glitters will be in the second flight stalking him and those three classier colts will overhaul him when they want to...probably approaching the far turn....your winner is likely to come from whoever proves best of that group of three...
Impossible to throw Sunriver out. He is the likely winner but will be overbet.
Pimlico

Bob and John should get the lead and hold it most of the way.
High Finance could steal the race late. I believe he has a legitimate shot at the win and I will have him in my Super box with Hemingway's Key..Sacred Light..Bluegrass Cat. At least for now,it's still early.
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Spoken like a true West Point member? Are you a West Point partner Exceller? If so good luck in the race.
I wouldn't tell you if I was, but there are quite a few members out there.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:23 AM
oracle80

Quote:
I wouldn't tell you if I was, but there are quite a few members out there.
Yeah I know, its pretty funny. You run into 15 people on a given day during Saratoga who tell you that "their" horse is running tomorrow, and when you ask who, they tell you the same horse all the others said, lol.
I don't think that they are taking an unreasonable shot here. Its tuly a wide open race and the Derby also rans who are running didn't earn very good sheet numbers that day. I guess I'm not seeing in Bluegrass Cat, Stepp, and Bob and John, and Deputy Glitters what the rest of you are seeing. I only see horses. Sunrivers last was very unimpressive, very slow race and life and death to beat a horse who isnt a whole lot.
I see no reason why an allowance horse couldnt get lucky with a good trip or good ride, especially one who is already stabled at Belmont and will be running on his home track. Belmont is a quirky track to race on, so having a win over it already is a big edge.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:29 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Yeah I know, its pretty funny. You run into 15 people on a given day during Saratoga who tell you that "their" horse is running tomorrow, and when you ask who, they tell you the same horse all the others said, lol.
I don't think that they are taking an unreasonable shot here. Its tuly a wide open race and the Derby also rans who are running didn't earn very good sheet numbers that day. I guess I'm not seeing in Bluegrass Cat, Stepp, and Bob and John, and Deputy Glitters what the rest of you are seeing. I only see horses. Sunrivers last was very unimpressive, very slow race and life and death to beat a horse who isnt a whole lot.
I see no reason why an allowance horse couldnt get lucky with a good trip or good ride, especially one who is already stabled at Belmont and will be running on his home track. Belmont is a quirky track to race on, so having a win over it already is a big edge.
Sadly, I have nothing to do with this one.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:31 AM
Secretariat

I guess I'm not seeing in Bluegrass Cat, Stepp, Bob and John, and Deputy Glitters what the rest of you are seeing. I only see horses. Sunrivers last was very unimpressive, very slow race and life and death to beat a horse who isnt a whole lot.

your post makes little sense, first you knock the two that have won on the track, then you say having a win on it is a big edge,
???? bipolar vision ??
Old 06-02-2006, 11:33 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Sadly, I have nothing to do with this one.
LOL!!! Tough luck dude. This is a nice one. Took him a while to come around, I know he was highly regarded and burned a lot of money at Gulf, of course one day he ran into Showing Up. Seems to be coming into his own. I can see taking a shot here, although I think I would have gone Leonard Richards with him at Delaware.
Did you have a piece of that freight train who won by 15 lengths up here last summer. I'm telling you, he would have been a NY bred champion, maybe an open graded stakes winner. His death was very very sad. His only race was incredible.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:34 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secretariat
I guess I'm not seeing in Bluegrass Cat, Stepp, Bob and John, and Deputy Glitters what the rest of you are seeing. I only see horses. Sunrivers last was very unimpressive, very slow race and life and death to beat a horse who isnt a whole lot.

your post makes little sense, first you knock the two that have won on the track, then you say having a win on it is a big edge,
???? bipolar vision ??
Bob and John has never even run at Belmont you complete know nothing.
Old 06-02-2006, 11:34 AM
Washington Park

Bob and John has never run at Belmont - won the Wood at Aqueduct
Old 06-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Secretariat

Quote:
Bob and John has never even run at Belmont you complete know nothing.
opps he won at aqueduct, sorry you complete *******
Old 06-02-2006, 11:36 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
LOL!!! Tough luck dude. This is a nice one. Took him a while to come around, I know he was highly regarded and burned a lot of money at Gulf, of course one day he ran into Showing Up. Seems to be coming into his own. I can see taking a shot here, although I think I would have gone Leonard Richards with him at Delaware.
Did you have a piece of that freight train who won by 15 lengths up here last summer. I'm telling you, he would have been a NY bred champion, maybe an open graded stakes winner. His death was very very sad. His only race was incredible.
He could still go to DE, that race isn't until mid to late July I believe.