Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-24-2010, 08:44 PM
Keeneland

Default Joe Buck and Troy Aikman

they are so bad they are finally muted. Enough is enough! I'd rather search for Riot posts (almost)
Old 01-24-2010, 08:57 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
they are so bad they are finally muted. Enough is enough! I'd rather search for Riot posts (almost)
I disagree.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:10 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
i don't mind TA, never cared for buck.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:38 PM
Bowie

Aikman is ok when he isn't doing a Cowboy game especially against an NFC East Team. Buck is terrible.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:41 PM
Flemington

Does it get any worse than Buck?

I know I don't watch 1/100th as much sports anymore as some of you ... but that guy is very annoying.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:47 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Indomitable DrugS
Does it get any worse than Buck?

I know I don't watch 1/100th as much sports anymore as some of you ... but that guy is very annoying.
What is the guys area of expertise other than his father's legacy as a great baseball radio voice...Did Joe Buck ever play any sport of significance?
Old 01-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
What is the guys area of expertise other than his father's legacy as a great baseball radio voice...Did Joe Buck ever play any sport of significance?

he makes no apologies at all for how he got the job. he said in the past that he knew why he got the gig, and he doesn't care one bit.

i can't stand when the two of them call a game. maybe aikman wouldn't be so bad with someone else, but i'd rather listen to just about anyone over those two.
Old 01-24-2010, 09:53 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3
Buck was involved with Dwarf tossing
Old 01-25-2010, 05:56 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I really like them both.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:05 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
I really like them both.
To each his own. I really can't stand them.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:26 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick333
To each his own. I really can't stand them.
Joe Buck I can see as that is kind of a personal preference thing, but Troy Aikman, to me, is a pretty solid color guy.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:42 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
Joe Buck I can see as that is kind of a personal preference thing, but Troy Aikman, to me, is a pretty solid color guy.
TA is good because he tries to explain what's happening or what needs to happen.
i like trent dilfer when he comes on the radio. he watches alot of film and can explain what he's watched.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:03 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Aikman is dumber than a box of rocks. I don't mind Buck.
Old 01-28-2010, 12:06 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Aikman is dumber than a box of rocks. I don't mind Buck.
lol, does it completely figure that I can't stand Buck and actually kind of like Aikman?
Old 01-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Washington Park

joe buck,,,,,the guy never shuts up!!!!!
Old 01-28-2010, 12:36 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer
lol, does it completely figure that I can't stand Buck and actually kind of like Aikman?
We're destined to disagree on everything football-related. Aikman said after watching the replay that Favre could've run for 10-15 yards on the INT Sunday. Favre is slower than molasses and there were two dudes directly in front of him 6-7 yards away.

In general I don't think Aikman is a terrible announcer, I just think he's dumb as bricks. Growing up a redneck and taking 14 concussions in his career probably didn't help.
Old 01-28-2010, 06:07 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
TA is good because he tries to explain what's happening or what needs to happen.
i like trent dilfer when he comes on the radio. he watches alot of film and can explain what he's watched.
i could listen to trent all day. really knows what he's talking about, and has a voice that doesn't grate on the ears. and he doesn't come across as a pompous ass either.
Old 01-28-2010, 07:58 AM
Keeneland

Buck IMO is like a sports fan who paid enough money at a charity auction to get the job and wonder if Aikman is hitting his head against the walls during breaks as he at times appears to be suffering from a concussion.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:46 AM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
We're destined to disagree on everything football-related. Aikman said after watching the replay that Favre could've run for 10-15 yards on the INT Sunday. Favre is slower than molasses and there were two dudes directly in front of him 6-7 yards away.

In general I don't think Aikman is a terrible announcer, I just think he's dumb as bricks. Growing up a redneck and taking 14 concussions in his career probably didn't help.
yeah, but running for - 1 yard is better than what he did. all of those tv personalities are great if you bet football, because most of them don't have a clue. i had to laugh when they all built up dallas as the "team to beat" and most of them did. the three best teams clearly were the saints, colts and vikings and alot of those so-called experts were picking against these teams because they coasted at the end. "the colts did not go for history and undefeated season...blah,blah blah". "the saints have lost 3 in a row"...oooohhh. no kidding, the teams clinched early and rested. funny when the playoffs started they were still the three best teams.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:04 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnny pinwheel
yeah, but running for - 1 yard is better than what he did. all of those tv personalities are great if you bet football, because most of them don't have a clue. i had to laugh when they all built up dallas as the "team to beat" and most of them did. the three best teams clearly were the saints, colts and vikings and alot of those so-called experts were picking against these teams because they coasted at the end. "the colts did not go for history and undefeated season...blah,blah blah". "the saints have lost 3 in a row"...oooohhh. no kidding, the teams clinched early and rested. funny when the playoffs started they were still the three best teams.
also remember that both the colts and saints got a lot of grief from many for resting most of their starters. 'it's a bad idea', 'it'll be hard to regain momentum', 'they should have gone for the wins', 'all the games count'....so, who was right?! colts vs saints in the only game that really counts.