Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Triple Crown Topics/Archive..
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-16-2012, 05:19 PM
Flemington

Default Oaks and Derby Handicapping

17 days out. Its time......

Oaks-

Mamma Kimbo has done nothing wrong, tons of room to improve still. At this point shes better then Plum Pretty was last year.

Zo Impressive, I still love her and Im not giving up yet. I dont think she loved being bottled up inside and behind horses last out. Her 2 previous wins she was kept wide and in the clear. Wors is shes going to the Acorn, if she goes to the Oaks shes a must use.

Princess Arabella is another potential Baffert monster. She has also done not a thing wrong. Whats not to like.

I like to play multis... So as of now its those 3. I love it because Im fairly confident I dont have the chalk in there. On Fire Baby and Grace Hall have to be bet, and they are both beating me. If Zo Impressive does not run, I have In Lingerie and Edens Moon as potential back ups/use horses.

Derby-

Take Charge Indy has so much room to improve still. He reminds me of a much better bred Super Saver. A horse who can sit off and make a run for Calvin. Calvin does not hurt a thing at Churchill other then the price, but thats OK. I have him bet in pool 1 of the Derby future.

Bodemeister is a tough read for me. First off its the GOATs best horse. The GOAT himself has said this. Plus its the fastest horse coming in. Does he need the lead to run fast? Im not sure, Im lost on that much. If he wins in Barbaro like fashion will I be surprised? No not at all. If he duels a hot pace and collapses, I would not be surprised either. As of now, 17 days out, he is one of my 2 A's.

Dullahan.... Feels like Paddy O'Prado again. I dont play tris and supers so Paddy again wont help me. I thought Hansen ran huge Saturday and Dullahan ran him down fairly easily. Gotta respect Romans also. Feels like he could be flying late.

Alpha had a little trouble then a perfect trip after in the Wood. Im guessing he will be around 20-1. Big pedigree, top connections not much not to like.... Other then hes a bit slow. Other then Bode whos not slow though? Alpha feels like a grinder who can sit 9th-14th and just keep running late.

Daddy Long Legs as of now is a backup/C type horse. Dougie Sal likes him or liked him, I respect Doug. My brother likes him, and a close pal of mine likes him. Thats a lot of people whos horse opinions I respect who like him. Personally I dont get it, but I said the same thing going into the UAE Derby.

Ill be against Union Rags and Gemologist for sure. Might get Creative Cause in there on a deep spread ticket. Dont like the horse who just beat Creative Cause at all though..... Thats about it. Hoping people ignore the person who started this thread and actually discuss it. Exciting time of year.