Keeneland

Default Billy Donovan is staying at UF!

I'm glad.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26

I'm glad.

You had to bring it up, didnt you! Flags are flying at half mast and people are devasted around here. Even worse, I feel bad for the guy that we hire b/c people are already so disappointed. Foley threw the house at him and he stayed. Good for you all, bad for us. It's going to be a long 3-5 years before it's turned around now.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:38 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY_Sasquash
You had to bring it up, didnt you! Flags are flying at half mast and people are devasted around here. Even worse, I feel bad for the guy that we hire b/c people are already so disappointed. Foley threw the house at him and he stayed. Good for you all, bad for us. It's going to be a long 3-5 years before it's turned around now.
I was almost positive he was going to Kentucky...

Sorry about your luck, but happy about ours! Haha
Old 04-05-2007, 02:44 PM
Golden Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
I was almost positive he was going to Kentucky...

Sorry about your luck, but happy about ours! Haha
Here's how positive I was. An athletic director, not UK's, said this morning that Donovan was going into the meeting to tell Foley he was leaving for UK and the only way he wasnt coming was if Foley was able to convince him to stay. It stings right now, but I wonder how long he wouldve stayed at UK/will stay at Florida with the yearly onslaught of NBA teams throwing loads of money at him. That'll be your next competition for keeping Billy D. I really feel Tubby leaving so abrubtly and then Florida winning the tournament gave Foley plenty of time to get his resources and pitch together.
Old 04-05-2007, 05:59 PM
Havre de Grace

Billy staying was the best and right thing to do! I don't know what he has left on that team, but as this season proves freshman can and do have Big impact on team talent. Good luck to BD..and to those fine juniors who're leaving!
Old 04-05-2007, 06:07 PM
Gulfstream Park

Florida's four juniors to enter NBA draft

Uh-oh- now they have to take a pay cut to leave the Gators and play in the league!

http://<b>http://www.facebook.com/pr...ef=profile</b>
Old 04-05-2007, 06:34 PM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Cadet
Florida's four juniors to enter NBA draft

Uh-oh- now they have to take a pay cut to leave the Gators and play in the league!
YOU are such a CYNIC!
Old 04-05-2007, 06:59 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Smart man, why deal with the insane, unrealistic Kentucky fans. I don't blame him one bit, the Kentucky job is not what it once was and their fans are rediculous. Maybe they will get some perspective, but I doubt it, they aren't too bright.

The best is the pre-game show for the UK games, they should put the callers on a CD and sell it as a comedy bit. Usually goes something like this, "Thanks Oscar, this is Billy Bob from Raccoon Holler, Tubby don't know how to coach, we need to run him out of here, Cats by 20 tonight" or the best one of all time is when one of the genuises stated that if they made more 3 point shots, they would score more points. I can't make this stuff up.
Old 04-05-2007, 07:27 PM
Fairgrounds

I told y'all so...

An about "Florida's four juniors to enter NBA draft"...

At least they're juniors there. At Duke, UNC, and a few other select schools (where Oden plays lol), it's where freshmen enter the NBA draft.
If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased...
Old 04-06-2007, 01:28 AM
Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointg5
Smart man, why deal with the insane, unrealistic Kentucky fans. I don't blame him one bit, the Kentucky job is not what it once was and their fans are rediculous. Maybe they will get some perspective, but I doubt it, they aren't too bright.

The best is the pre-game show for the UK games, they should put the callers on a CD and sell it as a comedy bit. Usually goes something like this, "Thanks Oscar, this is Billy Bob from Raccoon Holler, Tubby don't know how to coach, we need to run him out of here, Cats by 20 tonight" or the best one of all time is when one of the genuises stated that if they made more 3 point shots, they would score more points. I can't make this stuff up.
I happen to be a Kentucky fan and every fan base has nuts. We have more fans than most schools therefore we have more insane fans as well as more sane fans. It's simple math. By the way, I'm not one to give people suggestions unless they ask, but I'll make an exception for you.

#1-Before you say our fans "aren't too bright" you should be aware that rediculous isn't a word, however ridiculous is.

#2-When you refer to our fans as "genuises" in a sarcastic way you should also be aware that "genuises" isn't a word, however geniuses is.

Hope this clears things up a bit and allows you to look much less "rediculous" in the future.
Old 04-06-2007, 01:31 AM
Bowie

As for Cajun and the other Gator fans on here congratulations on keeping your man. You guys deserve to keep him and I wish Florida and Billy the best. Looks like Kentucky may have a Billy of our own in town tomorrow.
Old 04-06-2007, 05:46 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManilaRose
I happen to be a Kentucky fan and every fan base has nuts. We have more fans than most schools therefore we have more insane fans as well as more sane fans. It's simple math. By the way, I'm not one to give people suggestions unless they ask, but I'll make an exception for you.

#1-Before you say our fans "aren't too bright" you should be aware that rediculous isn't a word, however ridiculous is.

#2-When you refer to our fans as "genuises" in a sarcastic way you should also be aware that "genuises" isn't a word, however geniuses is.

Hope this clears things up a bit and allows you to look much less "rediculous" in the future.
Thanks for the clarification...

Mispelled words and bad grammer(or is it grammar) is a sure sign of a dumb person. and the person pointing it out must be a genius(thanks)...

That was a great source you had, 100% huh.

Face it, UK scared off a good coach and because of their insane fans with their feeling of self entitlement, they scared off Donovan. Now you are going to take Gillespie, he didn't recruit AC, he may be a good coach and things could turn out for UK, but it's a risk. And if UK is down to taking risks, it shows how low that program has dropped.

Last edited by Pointg5 : 04-06-2007 at 06:11 AM.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:15 AM
Goodwood

Quote:

Mispelled words and bad grammer(or is it grammar) is a sure sign of a dumb person. and the person pointing it out must be a genius(thanks)...

Face it, UK scared off a good coach and because of their insane fans with their feeling of self entitlement, they scared off Donovan. Now you are going to take Gillespie, he didn't recruit AC, he may be a good coach and things could turn out for UK, but it's a risk. And if UK is down to taking risks, it shows how low that program has dropped.
How was Donovan "scared off"?
Old 04-06-2007, 07:28 AM
Golden Gate

Quote:

Didnt UK take a risk when they hired a young new yorker, i think his name was Rick Pitino. How'd that turn out? We didnt scare off Donovan, he didnt want leave a good thing that he created at Florida. More power to him. Just remember all of us UK fans that "arent too bright" include the owners of Claiborne Farm, Lane's End, Three Chimneys, etc.....maybe you should look in to taking over the horse industry.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:35 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManilaRose
As for Cajun and the other Gator fans on here congratulations on keeping your man. You guys deserve to keep him and I wish Florida and Billy the best. Looks like Kentucky may have a Billy of our own in town tomorrow.
Thank you for the kind words. Good luck with your new coach.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:54 AM
Morris Park

Billy Donovan will be the next coach of the Miami Heat, book it he is out of fla by the end of June.
Old 04-06-2007, 12:12 PM
Randwyck

Billy Donavan wanted too much period. He wanted all of his personnel including the strength coach. They just hired their strength coach within the past month. No way Barnes was goint to agree to it. Barnes also wanted an answer before Monday. Definitely no agreement was going to be made, but I believe Barnes got who he wanted anyways.
Old 04-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Tropical Park

Quote:

When Gillespe was working for Bill Self in Tulsa, he was the top recruiter on the staff. He also has a GREAT eye for talent. He was the guy that convinced Self to give Kevin Johnson who was all WAC for 2 years. Tulsa was the only one who recruited him. He also found a point gaurd (whose name I am blanking on) who turned out to be all WAC and Tulsa was the only school who recruited him. He can coach. Anyone that can win at Texas A and M, can win anywhere.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:11 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc
How was Donovan "scared off"?
This is all speculation and this is all from the media, but here's how I believe it went down:

Local sports talk radio guy is a UK Grad and was the beat writer for UK for the Cincinnati Post, he's good friends with Mick Cronin(he didn't mention his source, but I would say this is straight from Cronin) and Cronin was Pitino's assistant at Louisville. He was told that Pitino did get involved in this with Donovan and basically told Donovan: "Look what those fans did to me after I left, look what they did to Tubby, you want them to do that to you" and while it wasn't the only reason he didn't take the job, the actions of the fans weighed heavily on it.
Old 04-06-2007, 04:13 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by KY_Sasquash
Didnt UK take a risk when they hired a young new yorker, i think his name was Rick Pitino. How'd that turn out? We didnt scare off Donovan, he didnt want leave a good thing that he created at Florida. More power to him. Just remember all of us UK fans that "arent too bright" include the owners of Claiborne Farm, Lane's End, Three Chimneys, etc.....maybe you should look in to taking over the horse industry.
I don't know if I would have call it as big as risk as taking Gillespie, Pitino had a decent resume. Besides, UK was on probation, so they were a little desperate.

Heard on the radio today from a not too bright UK fan, it doesn't matter who coaches Kentucky, because we are Kentucky, well I guess he has a short memory, because Tubby didn't live up to his expectations.