Quote:
Originally Posted by Balletto
wait wait pillow! show the link!
how do i get to the collage thingy?
Old 10-09-2006, 04:27 PM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cunningham Racing
...I can't help but recognize the vast similarities, although this may be on a smaller scale...West coast vs. East coast, Blue collar vs. Blue blood, both dominant and very prolific in their respective regions...

Nobody will give Lava Man a chance to beat Bernardini - including me - but if he does and does it on the raod (@ CD) then it very well could shape up as a Seabiscuit-esque type of story for the media to grasp ahold of....interesting...
You are absolutely correct ... the similarities are quite striking.

Seabiscuit was also a former claimer who took a while to find his best form ... and War Admiral was the perfectly-bred colt owned by a wealthy Easterner ... although not a Middle Easterner.

The analogy fails a bit because War Admiral was a 4YO when he met Seabiscuit ... so there was no 3YO vs. Older aspect to that race.

But otherwise ... your analogy is quite a good one. Thanks for thinking of it and passing it along.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Balletto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Mine was Jessica Alba too... and lord knows I don't look like her! I also had Rachel Bilson! LMAO!
See, we are sisters!
Old 10-09-2006, 04:28 PM
Balletto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
how do i get to the collage thingy?
it just asked if i wanted to do it... its on the page somewhere.
Old 10-09-2006, 04:29 PM
Balletto

post the link pillow! im off to cheerleading practice! later bitches!
Old 10-09-2006, 04:56 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
post the link pillow! im off to cheerleading practice! later bitches!
I tried the collage but I didn't get any results. Guess i'm one of a kind?
Old 10-09-2006, 06:21 PM
Monmouth Park

Quote:
...I can't help but recognize the vast similarities, although this may be on a smaller scale...West coast vs. East coast, Blue collar vs. Blue blood, both dominant and very prolific in their respective regions...

Nobody will give Lava Man a chance to beat Bernardini - including me - but if he does and does it on the raod (@ CD) then it very well could shape up as a Seabiscuit-esque type of story for the media to grasp ahold of....interesting...
It's an interesting concept and I imagine ESPN will hype it up going into BC day and deservedly so. Maybe not in the Seabiscuit/WA mold, but they should definately give it some hype. Nothing America likes more than a compelling underdog drama.

I think the more valid story that seems to have been underplayed to this point is that the day one star was tragically cut down at the Preakness another was apparently born and burst onto the scene. I still think that because Barbaro's injury happened on the same stage as Bernardini's coming out party, Bernardini gets a considerably smaller chunk of noterity from the mainstream media. That being said, if Barbaro doesnt get hurt, maybe Bernardini doesnt win and his coming out party is delayed until whenever.
All speculation of course.

Bernardini deserves alot more pub than he gets and I feel the reason this is the case is because the #1 story of Preakness day was Barbaro. What Bernardini is doing is becoming special and he deserves some hype for it. Just seems the media is not clamoring to give it because this horse is somewhat living in Barbaro's shadow.

Just my two cents, I like Bernardini, not all too impressed with whom he has beaten, but he does deserve more credit on the national stage than he gets.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:36 PM
eurobounce

That thing alsop told me that I didnt have any matches. That sort of sucks.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suffolk Shippers
It's an interesting concept and I imagine ESPN will hype it up going into BC day and deservedly so. Maybe not in the Seabiscuit/WA mold, but they should definately give it some hype. Nothing America likes more than a compelling underdog drama.

I think the more valid story that seems to have been underplayed to this point is that the day one star was tragically cut down at the Preakness another was apparently born and burst onto the scene. I still think that because Barbaro's injury happened on the same stage as Bernardini's coming out party, Bernardini gets a considerably smaller chunk of noterity from the mainstream media. That being said, if Barbaro doesnt get hurt, maybe Bernardini doesnt win and his coming out party is delayed until whenever.
All speculation of course.

Bernardini deserves alot more pub than he gets and I feel the reason this is the case is because the #1 story of Preakness day was Barbaro. What Bernardini is doing is becoming special and he deserves some hype for it. Just seems the media is not clamoring to give it because this horse is somewhat living in Barbaro's shadow.

Just my two cents, I like Bernardini, not all too impressed with whom he has beaten, but he does deserve more credit on the national stage than he gets.
I agree with almost all of this.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:53 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurobounce
That thing alsop told me that I didnt have any matches. That sort of sucks.
Yeah I guess my stunning good looks overloaded the system.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:55 PM
Balletto

Oh jeeze... listen to these two. I guess they dont have Gilbert Godfried in their system.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:57 PM
Coach Pants

Quote:
Oh jeeze... listen to these two. I guess they dont have Gilbert Godfried in their system.
Nah. They don't have Paul Newman in his prime.
Old 10-09-2006, 06:59 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pillow Pants
Yeah I guess my stunning good looks overloaded the system.
Wasnt because of my looks that is for sure.
Old 10-09-2006, 07:00 PM
eurobounce

Quote:
Na, they dont have Barney Fife in their system
Old 10-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:

Are they decalring the BCC a match race?
Old 10-09-2006, 07:16 PM
Cunningham Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewbopper
Are they decalring the BCC a match race?
Yeah, everybody in the Churchill Downs grandstand will light a match and hold it up in the air before the horses break from the gate in the Classic...its kinda like a pseudo Widespread Panic concert them going on