Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Get-Togethers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-23-2006, 12:51 PM
Newmarket

Question Aqueduct "Inner-track" on Thursday 12/28

I have to bring my step daughter on Thursday 12/28 to Newark to catch a 6am flight to Pureto Rico that day. I thinking about heading over to the City after that and catch a few races @ the Big A. What would be the easiest way to get there from Newark? I know I have a lot of time to kill before first race post & I know it will be crowded...LOL! Anyone have any suggestions...

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 12-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Golden Gate

Default aqueduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff
I have to bring my step daughter on Thursday 12/28 to Newark to catch a 6am flight to Pureto Rico that day. I thinking about heading over to the City after that and catch a few races @ the Big A. What would be the easiest way to get there from Newark? I know I have a lot of time to kill before first race post & I know it will be crowded...LOL! Anyone have any suggestions...
Are you drivin from Newark or do you want to take the subway to the track?
Old 12-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Monmouth Park

Default Directions to Aqueduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff
Since kids are off from school the roads should not be too bad.I would go I-95 north towards the George Washington bridge.Go over the bridge and continue on I-95 or as it's called the cross bronx expwy.Follow signs to Whitestone bridge and go over bridge and remain on Van Wyck expwy.You'll be going towards Kennedy airport.Look for sign for Belt pkwy west toward Brooklyn.You don't even half to go on the Belt.Stay on service road for a couple of minutes and you'll see the entrance for Aqueduct.
Old 12-23-2006, 03:49 PM
Golden Gate

Default aqueduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byebyemermaid
Since kids are off from school the roads should not be too bad.I would go I-95 north towards the George Washington bridge.Go over the bridge and continue on I-95 or as it's called the cross bronx expwy.Follow signs to Whitestone bridge and go over bridge and remain on Van Wyck expwy.You'll be going towards Kennedy airport.Look for sign for Belt pkwy west toward Brooklyn.You don't even half to go on the Belt.Stay on service road for a couple of minutes and you'll see the entrance for Aqueduct.
I am a truckdriver in N.Y.C. These directions are perfect.
Old 12-23-2006, 04:41 PM
Newmarket

Thanks, Byebyemermaid & Kenny P and have a Merry X-mas!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/