Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-16-2008, 01:18 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantknockthehustle
Bolt is so big, once he gets rolling he uses minimal effort to stay even with the other sprinters. Gotta go Bolt/Powell/All on this one.

Keep in mind that the 100 isn't even his speciality. Michael Johnson's 19.32 in the 200 appeared untouchable back when it was set 1996 but I wouldn't be surprised to see Bolt go 19.50ish.

Tough break for Tyson Gay. Don't think you could realistically expect to be able to go sub 9.85 with even the slightest tweak in a hamstring.
i hate to say it but MJ's 200m mark is coming down. IF Bolt stays healthy AND runs Completely Through the tape.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:21 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
i hate to say it but MJ's 200m mark is coming down. IF Bolt stays healthy AND runs Completely Through the tape.
Reminds me of how much run one of those Wesley Ward 1st timers has.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:28 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Reminds me of how much run one of those Wesley Ward 1st timers has.
i really relate to this. i ran the 100m in Jr. College. my best time was 10.6 flat. we used to figure 1 step per .10 sec. i would have finished close to 10m behind Bolt.
Old 08-16-2008, 01:31 PM
Sunshine Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddthetide
You think this week?

19.32 is my all-time favorite Olympic memory
Old 08-16-2008, 01:40 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
You think this week?

sure, this would be the week. Bolt's confidence is High, he feels good, perfect conditions, the track is like lightening for the sprints. he only has to run 4 races counting the finals. first and second rounds not until monday. semi's on tuesday and finals are late wednesday. i'd LOVED to had a schedule like that!

Last edited by ddthetide : 08-16-2008 at 02:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2008, 06:20 PM
The Curragh

I think you can safely say that Michael Johnson won't have the world record at the end of these games. Usain Bolt's best distance is 200m, and you've all seen what he can do over 100m!

and now we murderers because we kill time
Old 08-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Coach Pants

I don't know. I think Johnson's record might stand. Not because Bolt can't break it...it's because he's borderline retarded and will show off before the finish.
Old 08-16-2008, 08:49 PM
Arlington Park

Quote:
You think this week?

19.25-19.29
Old 08-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I'm just wondering what all those who think that horses that are 'eased' up in easy wins couldn't have gone any faster have to say about this effort.

BOLT couldn't have gone FASTER, right?

Nah, that's ridiculous.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:22 PM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man
I'm just wondering what all those who think that horses that are 'eased' up in easy wins couldn't have gone any faster have to say about this effort.

Nah, that's ridiculous.
you can't possibly be serious about that comparison. you should seriously try to delete it to avoid the embarrassment.
Old 08-16-2008, 09:31 PM
Del Mar

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tK9T3urhJG8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoChanceToDance
I think you can safely say that Michael Johnson won't have the world record at the end of these games. Usain Bolt's best distance is 200m, and you've all seen what he can do over 100m!
Old 08-16-2008, 10:35 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
you can't possibly be serious about that comparison. you should seriously try to delete it to avoid the embarrassment.

The number of truly insane things that come off of this guys keyboard never ceases to amaze me. Comparing horses to humans and lack of voluntary effort probably sets the bar north of lunatic when evaluating this guy and anything he says. Hooves would love to see this one but I think he has the guy ignored.
Old 08-16-2008, 10:48 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man

Nah, that's ridiculous.
when horses start thumping their chest before the finish line, i'll concede they could have run faster in the final 20 meters.
Old 08-17-2008, 12:09 AM
Washington Park

guy is like a bullet, and looks like terrell owens.....
Old 08-17-2008, 02:24 AM
Flemington

Could of run 9.50....It's like the Jolley Green Giant made a kid that can run. I think he could of won without juice, but he looks juiced. Legs are too live to be natural. He didn't look that way last month. Doesn't make it any less fun to watch, but I think he's gunna get busted. He's 1)a giant that 2)can run, and 3)he looks juiced. That all adds up to that freak show. A giant that can run would have been good enough to win this. Looks like one of those Greg Martin horses(before he got caught.) I've seen legs that live, and they were later found to be juiced. If you disagree, then be willing to bet me on it.

This video is the way he should look(unjuiced.) He is running hard the whole way. He is dominant, but not to the extent he is so cocky he can start shutting it down. He doesn't have excess gas (in the Olympics his legs are more live than this.) To me, what you are seeing in the Olympics is this guy(in this video) with juice added. He didn't need the capability to run 9.50. He didn't need to juice. You will see that this guy juiced. That's the difference between this video, and what you saw this week. He needed to run hard to run the 9.72 in the video. Today, if he ran hard like this, he would run 9.50. I guess he didn't like losing to Asafa last month. He made sure it wasn't gunna happen in the Olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnBpnltTrMo

Same with this video where he lost to ASAFA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFzaz...eature=related

Bolt is having to work much harder in these races. They aren't close to the effortless Olympic races. He is using a portion of his ability, but flys like the wind(cuz juiced legs.) Don't get me wrong, I think he was gunna get the gold, but he is looking like a freak (all the sudden) because the legs are juiced up. We've seen this look before, and the guy got caught. His legs didn't just all the sudden get this live.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 08-17-2008 at 02:50 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 06:51 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Could of run 9.50....It's like the Jolley Green Giant made a kid that can run. I think he could of won without juice, but he looks juiced. Legs are too live to be natural. He didn't look that way last month. Doesn't make it any less fun to watch, but I think he's gunna get busted. He's 1)a giant that 2)can run, and 3)he looks juiced. That all adds up to that freak show. A giant that can run would have been good enough to win this. Looks like one of those Greg Martin horses(before he got caught.) I've seen legs that live, and they were later found to be juiced. If you disagree, then be willing to bet me on it.

This video is the way he should look(unjuiced.) He is running hard the whole way. He is dominant, but not to the extent he is so cocky he can start shutting it down. He doesn't have excess gas (in the Olympics his legs are more live than this.) To me, what you are seeing in the Olympics is this guy(in this video) with juice added. He didn't need the capability to run 9.50. He didn't need to juice. You will see that this guy juiced. That's the difference between this video, and what you saw this week. He needed to run hard to run the 9.72 in the video. Today, if he ran hard like this, he would run 9.50. I guess he didn't like losing to Asafa last month. He made sure it wasn't gunna happen in the Olympics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RnBpnltTrMo

Same with this video where he lost to ASAFA:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFzaz...eature=related

Bolt is having to work much harder in these races. They aren't close to the effortless Olympic races. He is using a portion of his ability, but flys like the wind(cuz juiced legs.) Don't get me wrong, I think he was gunna get the gold, but he is looking like a freak (all the sudden) because the legs are juiced up. We've seen this look before, and the guy got caught. His legs didn't just all the sudden get this live.
i'm at a loss...
Old 08-17-2008, 04:16 PM
Arlington Park

tonight Jamaican women sweep.
Old 08-18-2008, 07:15 AM
Arlington Park

chinese hurdler withdrew from the 110's without running a hurdle, defending gold medalist. false start in his heat then walked off with an Achilles injury. prior injury.

Last edited by ddthetide : 08-18-2008 at 07:51 AM.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:07 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
maybe Powell should have finished better, but don't think anyone alive was beating the winner.
Chad Johnson would have.
Old 08-18-2008, 08:50 AM
Sha Tin

Lolo Jones?