Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-18-2006, 01:07 AM
zeetowin

Default Hi

I am new to the forum just wanted to say hello.

I love horse racing , I cant get enough of it. This seems like a great forum . Ive read alot of the posts and they are all very interesting.

I also was wondering if anybody feels the same way I do ? About Barbaro . He was such a great horse who knows how great he would have been untill now that he has been relegated to being knubaro . I mean how long do they keep him alive? Shall they cut off his back legs and his front and put him on a stick and keep him alive and change his name too knubaro? I dont undertsand why they let this horse suffer so much , Now I read he is learning to sit like a dog. Let him go be a champion in a better place quit pumping this poor horse full of medication . The Jacksons will burn in hell for keeping this horse alive for the stud fee's . He is a champion let him be a champion not some shell of a horse an experiment of some sort . I will bet that Dr. Richardson has said many times this horse should have been put down. the whole situation makes me sick. LET HIM GO

Go Knubbie Go .......I will remember Barbaro the derby champion not this freak they are keeping alive .
Old 07-18-2006, 01:41 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeetowin

I love horse racing , I cant get enough of it. This seems like a great forum . Ive read alot of the posts and they are all very interesting.

I also was wondering if anybody feels the same way I do ? About Barbaro . He was such a great horse who knows how great he would have been untill now that he has been relegated to being knubaro . I mean how long do they keep him alive? Shall they cut off his back legs and his front and put him on a stick and keep him alive and change his name too knubaro? I dont undertsand why they let this horse suffer so much , Now I read he is learning to sit like a dog. Let him go be a champion in a better place quit pumping this poor horse full of medication . The Jacksons will burn in hell for keeping this horse alive for the stud fee's . He is a champion let him be a champion not some shell of a horse an experiment of some sort . I will bet that Dr. Richardson has said many times this horse should have been put down. the whole situation makes me sick. LET HIM GO

Go Knubbie Go .......I will remember Barbaro the derby champion not this freak they are keeping alive .
You don't know that he is suffering. You haven't seen him. I think the people attending to him have a pretty good handle on how he is doing. My knowledge about how he is doing is limited. I only know what I read, but from the information I have based on what I have read, I think they are doing the right thing. It sounds like he is hanging in there. He still has a good appetite. I think that is the key with any animal when it comes to making a decision about whether it's time to put them down. If an animal is really miserable and suffering, they will stop eating. As long as the animal still has a good appetite, that means that they are doing alright.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:39 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin
If an animal is really miserable and suffering, they will stop eating. As long as the animal still has a good appetite, that means that they are doing alright.
This is actually true with ALL animals, they are also creatures of habit so if they change something that they normally do, something is going on also
Old 07-18-2006, 08:53 AM
boldruler

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeetowin

You are absolutely clueless. The Jacksons would get a huge insurance payment in the tens of millions if they put him down. The insurance company has already agreed to pay it. They could possibly make significantly more by having the horse put down. Who knows what type of stud career he could even have. They do not need money. As for the horse, he is not suffering. YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CLUELESS FOR SAYING DR. RICHARDSON HAS SAID MANY TIMES THIS HORSE SHOULD BE PUT DOWN. He sees no reason to put down a horse that seems completely full of life. The owners have left is completely to him just like they leave all the decisions about their horses to their trainers.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:22 AM
top predator.

Zeetowin--that sick sense of humor won't get you very far here...esp since you are dead wrong about the jacksons Dr. Richardson and Barbaro...
Old 07-18-2006, 09:27 AM
Jerome Park

I think posters here need to attend a lecture on " internet troll spotting ".
Old 07-18-2006, 10:36 AM
Bold Brooklynite

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
Yup ... does anyone really believe that this is this cretin's first post?

How many other names has it already used ... here and elsewhere?

Definite addition to the Ignore List.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:44 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bold Brooklynite
Yup ... does anyone really believe that this is this cretin's first post?

How many other names has it already used ... here and elsewhere?

Definite addition to the Ignore List.

I like to give folks, especially new folks the benefit of the doubt but my god, that post has "TROLL" written all over it. If not, then at the very least a very poor judgement on how to introduce one self to the board. There is a fool over on ESPN calling himself ArlingtonMafia who posts similar stuff, he's a bit less subtle but gets to the same place. Whoever you are, if not a troll, you have repair work to do here!
Old 07-18-2006, 10:47 AM
Santa Anita

Are those college guys doing the reports or whatever on here now?
Old 07-18-2006, 12:05 PM
Newmarket

Not a legitmate poster. Like Arlingtion Mafia with marginally better manners.
Doesn't deserve any response. When you see a new poster with such crude sentiments you can be sure it's phony.
Old 07-18-2006, 12:28 PM
Turf Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind
A skill that only comes with experience. It takes time to hone...
Old 07-18-2006, 12:38 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bystander
A skill that only comes with experience. It takes time to hone...
Or a very astute ( or insane ) teacher.