Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Contests
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-30-2016, 12:38 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranger5830 View Post
Thanks Clem.

Well, there was good news and bad news yesterday, my pick didn't win,but neither did any of the other top players, so I'm still two wins behind in 13th place with five days left. Sawbuck was only chosen by 13 players, yet he went off as the 2-1 favorite, so I feel I made a good selection. It seems like most people just take the shortest morning line odds horse in the shortest field and use that as their selection. Anyway, I need to make up ground, and hope to do so with,

Race 5

#6 Finallygotabentley

Good luck!

Going against big favorite Nextdoorneighbor because I strongly feel he much prefers outside posts and might not fire his best shot from the two hole. If I'm wrong, we're done, so we shall see.
My choice as well, for slightly different reasons. Good Luck Ranger!
Old 11-03-2016, 01:17 PM
Del Mar

Default Thurs. 11/3

Race 6-#2 Conquest Cobra

Good Luck All!
Old 11-03-2016, 03:45 PM
Lincoln Fields

I forgot to make a pick! I got so focused on breeders cup that I didn't remember that there was racing today until one minute after the deadline. Oh well, at least it won't really cost me anything. I would have picked #8, the favorite in race 8.

Great job Clem getting all the way to 4th in the places contest, hope you can get there!
Old 11-03-2016, 07:29 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
I forgot to make a pick! I got so focused on breeders cup that I didn't remember that there was racing today until one minute after the deadline. Oh well, at least it won't really cost me anything. I would have picked #8, the favorite in race 8.

Great job Clem getting all the way to 4th in the places contest, hope you can get there!
Thanks Ranger. Got another one with Conquest Cobra, hopefully move up a notch or 2.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:39 AM
Lincoln Fields

Default Fri. 11-4

Posting early because I'm headed to Santa Anita tomorrow

Race 5

#8 Vai

Good luck!

And great job Clem to make it all the way to 2nd in total places! If I were in your shoes right now I wouldn't post today's pick until after the submission deadline (but remember to play!) because leader Cookie6464 could just play whatever you chose to keep you from making up ground, as well as you want the people tied with you (but behind due to tie-break) to pick the same horse you do so they can't pass you, and it gives them an advantage if they know what you picked, so just my $.02. Anyway, good luck and great job!
Old 11-04-2016, 01:45 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Posting early because I'm headed to Santa Anita tomorrow

Race 5

#8 Vai

Good luck!

And great job Clem to make it all the way to 2nd in total places! If I were in your shoes right now I wouldn't post today's pick until after the submission deadline (but remember to play!) because leader Cookie6464 could just play whatever you chose to keep you from making up ground, as well as you want the people tied with you (but behind due to tie-break) to pick the same horse you do so they can't pass you, and it gives them an advantage if they know what you picked, so just my $.02. Anyway, good luck and great job!
Thanks for the good wishes and advice Ranger. I may end up regretting going with a BC runner to run 2nd today but in my mind i have a couple scenarios and now i need one of them to play out. 13 people myself included took Gun Runner today. He could certainly win this and bite me in the ass, and of course others in the race scare me as well. We'll see what happens. Good Luck All! Ranger have fun at SA and cash some tickets!
Old 11-05-2016, 11:43 AM
Lincoln Fields

Default Sat. 11-5

Race 6

#5 A.P. Indian

Great job Clem taking sole possession of second place in most places, only one back. Gun runner didn't finish behind the horse you expected, but it still counts. Good luck today!
Old 11-05-2016, 12:37 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Race 6

#5 A.P. Indian

Great job Clem taking sole possession of second place in most places, only one back. Gun runner didn't finish behind the horse you expected, but it still counts. Good luck today!
How did you know, i wasn't all over Tamarkuz You are correct i didn't have that play out like it did in my mind, well except the part where Gun Runner ran 2nd, which played out just fine lol!
I wasn't going go go back to a BC race today for the pick, i figured i survived that risk yesterday best try again cuz let's face it those are rough races. Instead i went to the upcoming Race 2. Hope the favorite coasts and that today's pick finishes as strong as he did in the last with the blinkers.
Race 2-#8 Milton Freewater. The 2 picking up Rosario and may be the early leader is a worry, but that's racing. Thanks Ranger for the good wishes, very happy to be in the position with 2 days to go and will see what happens. Good Luck All!
Old 11-06-2016, 11:39 AM
Lincoln Fields

Default Sun. 11-6

Race 8

#9 Fantasy of Luck

Sorry Clem that ol' Milton Freewater couldn't get second yesterday, but you still have a chance, the leader didn't pick a runner-up yesterday, lucky for you he didn't use either Chrome or Songbird as either would have given him an insurmountable lead. If you pick a runner-up and he doesn't you'll beat him on the tie-break, although if both you and the player you are tied with for second pick a place horse and the leader doesn't, as far as I can tell you would split the prize, as you would be tied on the tie-breakers, so good luck today!

Also congratulations to melolengo who wrapped up the grand prize the other day and still has not missed a single pick through the meeting, quite the accomplishment.
Old 11-06-2016, 02:09 PM
Del Mar

Thanks Ranger. Yeah I was looking and saw the tiebreaker stuff, we'll see how it goes. Hope I can get back on the place train. Been a fun run either way.
Race 3-#2 Prowling Around

Good Luck All!