Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-10-2013, 02:07 AM
Oaklawn

Default Shanahan

Good article:

http://www.hogshaven.com/2013/12/9/5...-by-kc-clyburn
Old 12-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Havre de Grace

never liked that bum. Unstable mentally for years now.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:25 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alabama Stakes View Post
never liked that bum. Unstable mentally for years now.
i wasn't happy about the skins hiring him (but then, i don't know that i've liked much of anything dan snyder has done with the team) and i certainly wasn't happy about who he chose for offensive coordinator. he should have left last year-he should have been fired when he opted to keep griffin in the game last year on one good leg. it was stupid.
the skins had a good defense once, he even managed to f*** that up.

good lord, people will say shanahan is a hall of fame coach?! surely not! hell, take elway away, and what has shanny got? nothing. his record bears that out once john retired.
Old 12-10-2013, 01:55 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i wasn't happy about the skins hiring him (but then, i don't know that i've liked much of anything dan snyder has done with the team) and i certainly wasn't happy about who he chose for offensive coordinator. he should have left last year-he should have been fired when he opted to keep griffin in the game last year on one good leg. it was stupid.
the skins had a good defense once, he even managed to f*** that up.

good lord, people will say shanahan is a hall of fame coach?! surely not! hell, take elway away, and what has shanny got? nothing. his record bears that out once john retired.
http://www.derbytrail.com/forums/sho...3&postcount=11
Old 12-10-2013, 02:33 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post

his record with denver without elway tells the tale. snyder fell for another overrated coach. he's like a kid, enthralled by shiny objects that make clangy noises.

hey, dan, you hired a gm, let him find the coach!! (and call bill cowher. dude went to the superbowl with neil odonnell and to the afc championship with kordell stewart for crying out loud).
Old 12-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Fairgrounds

Quote:

his record with denver without elway tells the tale. snyder fell for another overrated coach. he's like a kid, enthralled by shiny objects that make clangy noises.

hey, dan, you hired a gm, let him find the coach!! (and call bill cowher. dude went to the superbowl with neil odonnell and to the afc championship with kordell stewart for crying out loud).
Very poor example and argument. The AFC was in the midst of a horribly subpar 10 year run. Nobody from that conference was very good.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:11 PM
Dee Tee Stables

new england might disagree re: the kordell year.

at any rate, i'd rather have cowher than the baylor coach that has been rumored to be in the mix. he was griffins coach in college, so now he can coach in the nfl?
Old 12-10-2013, 05:36 PM
Flemington

Gotta admit that I haven't watch much of the Skins this year. But after watching them lose to the Giants a few weeks ago, I would have fired everyone who had to do with the offensive.
At 3-9 how do you continue to call QB read option plays where your franchise QB (who is coming off major knee surgery) is continuously taking hit after hit? Not only is he getting hit running the ball, he was nailed while blocked and then hit a couple of times as a decoy. All this with one of the best RB's in the league in the backfield. Just makes no sense, especially when your 3-9.

I think its a good move sitting him the rest of the season. I pray to God that Cousins plays lights out the next 3 weeks and gives good ole Danny boy something else to think about this off season.

I hope the Rams send him and Shanny a nice Christmas card.
Old 12-11-2013, 08:25 AM
Flemington

Thought this was interesting.

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn Not to validate Mike Shanahan decision but to justify his concern: RG3 hit104 times passing, running and on sacks. Only Cam Newton hit more
Old 12-11-2013, 08:57 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Gotta admit that I haven't watch much of the Skins this year. But after watching them lose to the Giants a few weeks ago, I would have fired everyone who had to do with the offensive.
At 3-9 how do you continue to call QB read option plays where your franchise QB (who is coming off major knee surgery) is continuously taking hit after hit? Not only is he getting hit running the ball, he was nailed while blocked and then hit a couple of times as a decoy. All this with one of the best RB's in the league in the backfield. Just makes no sense, especially when your 3-9.

I think its a good move sitting him the rest of the season. I pray to God that Cousins plays lights out the next 3 weeks and gives good ole Danny boy something else to think about this off season.

I hope the Rams send him and Shanny a nice Christmas card.
If Dan Snyder has accomplished any consistency at all, it is that the coaches leaving the revolving door to the head coach's office at Redskin Park show the same expression on their way out.

It's one of utter disgust, relief, and a fat wallet. Shananhan will make that same trip out that door, just like the 7 previous coaches in the last 14 years.

The sad part of it all is that this contemptible little prick gives not one sh1t about what is good for this team. It is and has always been about nothing but his ego. And a 49 years old, we can be guaranteed that he's not going anywhere soon, and will never sell. We Skins fans are fuc1<ed beyond belief.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:22 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
If Dan Snyder has accomplished any consistency at all, it is that the coaches leaving the revolving door to the head coach's office at Redskin Park show the same expression on their way out.

It's one of utter disgust, relief, and a fat wallet. Shananhan will make that same trip out that door, just like the 7 previous coaches in the last 14 years.

The sad part of it all is that this contemptible little prick gives not one sh1t about what is good for this team. It is and has always been about nothing but his ego. And a 49 years old, we can be guaranteed that he's not going anywhere soon, and will never sell. We Skins fans are fuc1<ed beyond belief.

you're right, i've always called dan 'jerry jones junior'. except at least early on, jerry's team had success.
it's depressing to think how long he'll be around to screw up the team. i was glad he hired a gm, but what's the point if the gm has no power and you turn over complete control to mike shanahan?

ugh.

i've been a 'skins fan since before i can remember-and i can't imagine being a fan of any other team. but it's become next to impossible anymore to be a 'skins fan. it's so damn depressing.
Old 12-11-2013, 09:23 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Thought this was interesting.

Ed Werder ‏@Edwerderespn Not to validate Mike Shanahan decision but to justify his concern: RG3 hit104 times passing, running and on sacks. Only Cam Newton hit more
his concern?

pfft.

the team has only gotten worse since mike got there-if that was possible. but it has. their one strength was defense, and we don't even have that anymore.

he needs to go back to where he came from, and take his son and jim haslett with him.
Old 12-12-2013, 12:32 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
new england might disagree re: the kordell year.

at any rate, i'd rather have cowher than the baylor coach that has been rumored to be in the mix. he was griffins coach in college, so now he can coach in the nfl?
Didn't the steelers lose to Denver that year with kordell?
Old 12-12-2013, 07:33 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Didn't the steelers lose to Denver that year with kordell?
since i was talking about '01, no. but they did lose to denver in 97.

2001[edit]
As starting quarterback, Stewart led the 2001 Steelers to a 13–3 regular-season record and the top seed in the AFC playoffs. Under the tutelage of new QB coach Tom Clements and new offensive coordinator Mike Mularkey, Stewart had his best year as a pro, throwing for over 3,000 yards, completing 60 percent of his passes, and attaining a passer rating of 81.7. He threw for 14 TDs and ran for five more. Stewart was elected to the Pro Bowl and was named the Steelers MVP.
The Steelers easily defeated the then-defending Super Bowl champion Baltimore Ravens in the divisional playoffs. The eventual Super Bowl champion New England Patriots defeated the Steelers in the AFC Championship Game.
Old 12-12-2013, 10:51 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

the skins are really bad .now whos to blame..rg3 should have been a scr for the year. he is not the same. dan s is a ok owner but when you never have a plan b ..its a brutal game.heads will roll. they need to give shanny the boot and start over..again
Old 12-12-2013, 11:52 AM
Dee Tee Stables

dan snyder is not an ok owner. right now tho i'd have to say shanahan is the one to blame, since he was given complete control. he took their one positive, the D, and ruined it. he hired his son to be the offensive coordinator-he was the best man available to run the offense? yeah, sure he was. and then the inexplicable decision to keep griffin in that playoff game last winter, which has brought us to now. so many bad choices. man, i hate being right that shanahan was the wrong pick.

dan made a move in the right direction in hiring a gm. but...he needs to let the gm BE the gm. snyder would do well to emulate robert kraft, or art rooney-or even jack kent cooke back in the day. you hire the football men to run your team, and you stay the hell out of the way. hell, his and jones actions would be like these guys buying racehorses and then training/riding them instead of hiring trainers and jocks!
Old 12-12-2013, 11:59 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoovesupsideyourhead View Post
the skins are really bad .now whos to blame..rg3 should have been a scr for the year. he is not the same. dan s is a ok owner but when you never have a plan b ..its a brutal game.heads will roll. they need to give shanny the boot and start over..again
There are 7 million reasons Shanny walks with if they start over now…..Snyder would make the guy coach to the determent of the team before he pays him the last year of that contract…..
Old 12-12-2013, 12:06 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by docicu3 View Post
There are 7 million reasons Shanny walks with if they start over now…..Snyder would make the guy coach to the determent of the team before he pays him the last year of that contract…..
Snyder should fire the son and blame everything on him. This would force the elder Shanahan's hand.
Old 12-12-2013, 01:06 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
Snyder should fire the son and blame everything on him. This would force the elder Shanahan's hand.
fire the son and haslett. actually, he should take all the control he gave shanny to the gm, and fire pretty much every assistant coach there. allen wasn't thrilled with getting shanahan anyway. let him run it now.
Old 12-12-2013, 04:01 PM
Belmont Park

Haslett has nothing to do with how decimated this Defense is due to injury. They were just fine last year.

Shany Jr. has nothing to do with how woefully ill-equipped RG III was prepared to return, nor can he help the injuries to their WR corp and TE's.
His offensive schemes got them to the playoffs last year. Schemes built around a healthy, running threat of a QB that he never got that back.

Everyone is looking to find the closest tree to hang the warmest body from, and the sad reality is that the logical alternatives are no better.

Snyder, in typical fashion, has exacerbated an already bad situation by injecting himself into the middle of a coach/player relationship and siding with the player, rather than to GTFO and let the coaches do their jobs to work through the issue. And sometimes, coaches just have enough of a meddling twerp, so they just smile and walk away.

Just ask Norv Turner, Joe Gibbs, Marty Schottenheimer, Steve Spurrier, and Jim Zorn. They all have the same story.