Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2 View Post
So in your THIRTEENTH post in a college basketball thread you declare that....you don't like the sport. Doesn't that seem a little odd?
i like watching college bb , i don't like college bb betting if that makes sense

i think it's the hardest sport to beat , i think a bettor has a better chance in bases , nfl , college football , nba and hockey

to me , i think there are few people that win at any sports betting , and i am willing to bet that college basketball has fewer winners than the other sports i listed , and i am willing to guess that any bookmaker in the country will love taking action every night from anyone (not just joey) who plays double digit favorites every night
Old 11-09-2010, 08:31 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678 View Post
i like watching college bb , i don't like college bb betting if that makes sense

i think it's the hardest sport to beat , i think a bettor has a better chance in bases , nfl , college football , nba and hockey

to me , i think there are few people that win at any sports betting , and i am willing to bet that college basketball has fewer winners than the other sports i listed , and i am willing to guess that any bookmaker in the country will love taking action every night from anyone (not just joey) who plays double digit favorites every night

Gales no need to explain yourself, your a cool dude...
Old 11-10-2010, 03:28 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
i don't like college bb joe

i have been giving out winners in the nba thread
So have I. I'm +370 in there, so stick it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gales0678
and i am willing to guess that any bookmaker in the country will love taking action every night from anyone (not just joey) who plays double digit favorites every night
Seriously, is there something mentally wrong with you? DD favorites every night? I posted two picks so far this season and they happened to be DD favorites. Go look at my tournament thread from March and see how many DD favorites I played. I play what the board tells me to play and my track record shows that, so I'd really appreciate if you stopped making completely ignorant assumptions about what I know or how I bet. I'd be glad to go heads up with you in this sport, but my guess is you won't take me up on it. You'd rather sit back and flap your vagina and criticize.
Old 11-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Idlewild Airport

Ill -30 against Toledo....A line to die for.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:46 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
So have I. I'm +370 in there, so stick it.

Seriously, is there something mentally wrong with you? DD favorites every night? I posted two picks so far this season and they happened to be DD favorites. Go look at my tournament thread from March and see how many DD favorites I played. I play what the board tells me to play and my track record shows that, so I'd really appreciate if you stopped making completely ignorant assumptions about what I know or how I bet. I'd be glad to go heads up with you in this sport, but my guess is you won't take me up on it. You'd rather sit back and flap your vagina and criticize.
i never said you couldn't win at college hoops , what i said was i don't think there is anyone in the country who can beat the books by playing dd fav's every night

as for who you play in march , after round 1 , how many dd's fav's are there anyway ? there can't be many

i already posted that i don't play college hoops , i'll be glad to take you on in the nba if you would like and the nfl as well , sides only , i don't fool with totals

it's no personal agennda here joey , i don't want to see you lose your cash , and betting dd fav's in college hoops is a quick way to the poor house
Old 11-10-2010, 06:49 PM

Quote:
i never said you couldn't win at college hoops , what i said was i don't think there is anyone in the country who can beat the books by playing dd fav's every night

as for who you play in march , after round 1 , how many dd's fav's are there anyway ? there can't be many

i already posted that i don't play college hoops , i'll be glad to take you on in the nba if you would like and the nfl as well , sides only , i don't fool with totals

it's no personal agennda here joey , i don't want to see you lose your cash , and betting dd fav's in college hoops is a quick way to the poor house
How about letting me post more than two picks before you start getting on me about what I'm betting 'every night'? Would that be reasonable? Or do you just want to continue giving me advice that I didn't ask for when I could crush you into dust betting college basketball?

You're an as shole dude. Don't dress it up like you're 'looking out for me', because the second I take advice about gambling from a dude who spent $215 on a losing trifecta at Turf Paradise is the day I hang it up altogether. You're trying to take veiled shots at me and I don't know why, nor do I care. But I'm done discussing this with you. Hop off my balls and post some picks or I'm deleting your goddamn posts in this thread.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:51 PM
Idlewild Airport

I myself am just trying to tweak you.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35 View Post
I myself am just trying to tweak you.
I know.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:06 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
How about letting me post more than two picks before you start getting on me about what I'm betting 'every night'? Would that be reasonable? Or do you just want to continue giving me advice that I didn't ask for when I could crush you into dust betting college basketball?

You're an as shole dude. Don't dress it up like you're 'looking out for me', because the second I take advice about gambling from a dude who spent $215 on a losing trifecta at Turf Paradise is the day I hang it up altogether. You're trying to take veiled shots at me and I don't know why, nor do I care. But I'm done discussing this with you. Hop off my balls and post some picks or I'm deleting your goddamn posts in this thread.

as i said joe , i don't like college hoops betting , i follow the nba more , that's where i will post picks from time to time
Old 11-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
i got you and 75% of the people agree with you on this game from what i see

vegas sets a number where they can get action on both sides

the line actually has dropped from 21 to 19 , indicating to me the books are trying to get more MD $$$ on this game to balance their books

looks like to me some of the bigger bets were made on seattle at +21

again , maybe local knowledge , maybe nothing?
False. They set lines where they think they can make the most money. If it's balanced, great. They took a shot with Seattle, dropping the line despite the obvious public money, against an overrated Maryland team and lost.

Quote:

I think it's the easiest sport to beat, and has the most "professional" players. Two main reasons: (1) HUGE slates of games. It's much easier to pass on any specific game for a better opportunity. (2) Focus- one can select leagues or teams to track performance on whereas Vegas has so many games to worry about there's a much better chance that your numbers/analysis are better than theirs (which is virtually impossible to do in the NFL.)
Old 11-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski View Post
False. They set lines where they think they can make the most money. If it's balanced, great. They took a shot with Seattle, dropping the line despite the obvious public money, against an overrated Maryland team and lost.
Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski View Post

totally false philski , they want a balanced book , they want the 10% first and foremost

I think it's the easiest sport to beat, and has the most "professional" players. Two main reasons: (1) HUGE slates of games. It's much easier to pass on any specific game for a better opportunity. (2) Focus- one can select leagues or teams to track performance on whereas Vegas has so many games to worry about there's a much better chance that your numbers/analysis are better than theirs (which is virtually impossible to do in the NFL.)

a pro player can have success betting college hoops , no question , in my opinion the avg player does not beat the books in college hoops , they tend to play more games than they should and chase , there are fewer games in the nfl and nba to chase on
Old 11-10-2010, 09:32 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
[b]

a pro player can have success betting college hoops , no question , in my opinion the avg player does not beat the books in college hoops , they tend to play more games than they should and chase , there are fewer games in the nfl and nba to chase on
definitely agree with this. as far as I'm concerned though, there's no point in betting if you are just out there throwing darts.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
as i said joe , i don't like college hoops betting , i follow the nba more , that's where i will post picks from time to time
Then have a Coke and a smile and shut the fu ck up about my picks. Pretty sure you're not beating me in the NBA thread either.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:28 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Then have a Coke and a smile and shut the fu ck up about my picks. Pretty sure you're not beating me in the NBA thread either.
not trying to beat anyone joe, i am helping rht out over there that's all

trying to help him beat the book that's all
Old 11-11-2010, 12:32 PM
Coach Pants

It irritates me to no end that anyone believes there are actually worthwhile trends to follow in sports gambling.

To me, they don't exist. You either bet the god-damned game and you win or lose. There's no in-between and there's not some golden gnome behind a curtain dictating the outcomes.

All it really comes down to is team preparation. And I can't control what a group of f.ucktards do. I can only try and predict which group of f.ucktards will cover.
Old 11-11-2010, 05:56 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
It irritates me to no end that anyone believes there are actually worthwhile trends to follow in sports gambling.

To me, they don't exist. You either bet the god-damned game and you win or lose. There's no in-between and there's not some golden gnome behind a curtain dictating the outcomes.

All it really comes down to is team preparation. And I can't control what a group of f.ucktards do. I can only try and predict which group of f.ucktards will cover.
QFT
Old 11-11-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
not trying to beat anyone joe, i am helping rht out over there that's all

trying to help him beat the book that's all
Aw gee shucks gales, you're just a good old charitable soul. Knew you'd backtrack.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:34 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Aw gee shucks gales, you're just a good old charitable soul. Knew you'd backtrack.

i hope you beat the books , i hope everyone on here beats the books , that's all i care about

all i did was try to give you a heads up about dd favorites in college hoops , you choose to read it the wrong way in my opinion as i said there is hardly anyone in the country that can win over the season when only betting dd favs , not a slight at all at you , but so be it

if you want to have a contest , then we can have one , i don't give a s**t

it ain't going to prove nothing
Old 11-12-2010, 10:47 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Lavs has signed - count 'em - five top 100 players for 2011 already. SJU is so back.
Old 11-12-2010, 01:20 PM
Aqueduct

Quote:
Originally Posted by slotdirt View Post
Lavs has signed - count 'em - five top 100 players for 2011 already. SJU is so back.
Catch us if you can ........

University of Kentucky

Signed Letter of Intent
Name Pos Ht/Wt Stars Rank
Anthony Davis PF 6-10/220 2
Mike Gilchrist SF 6-6/190 NR
Marquis Teague PG 6-2/170 NR
Kyle Wiltjer PF 6-9/225 6

signed Coach Cal....

He's a hack and you guys sold your soul for him. Congrats." coach pants