Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-05-2007, 07:38 PM
The Curragh

Default Saratoga Recap - Thank You

Just got back to Long Island from our day trip to Saratoga.

First and foremost, a BIG thanks to Chuck and Steve. While the stretch run proved a bit dissapointing, my family and I had a tremendous time.

We got there about an hour before post and had a nice time visiting with partners and had a few prerace brews. Some how Steve managed to get us all into the paddock, which for me was a little surreal. After spending the last thirty something summers on the other side of the fence, it was an awesome feeling to stroll in there.

We watched the race throught the crowd by the wire and even though she came up a bit short, it was pretty cool to hear Tom Durkin calling her out.

The finish took a bit of wind out of everyones sails. We regrouped back at BBQ, discussed the race and went on playing the card. Steve put out a great spread of food which was really nice to share with everyone and seemed to lift everyones spirits.

I managed the triple in the 4th and we left after the 6th with some cash in my pockets which made the ride home a bit easier.

My wife Christine who grew up riding horses and around her Dad's harness horses had a great day. On the ride home she mentioned she may get her own shares in the next offerings, so it is safe to say she is hooked...

Steve was a great host and provided a Saratoga experience we won't soon forget. Thanks to Chuck & Team for their continued work with our Girl.

That's all I've got... I'm sure others that were able to hang longer have more to share.

Look forward to the future with Sumwon and the Dee Tee Stables. I will try to get some pics up.

Thanks again,

Pat

Last edited by pmacdaddy : 08-05-2007 at 07:49 PM.
Old 08-05-2007, 09:20 PM
Oriental Park

Pmac and family,

What a great attitude about our partnership. I was lucky enough to see the Arlington race and was overwelmed with good feelings about the experience. Steve, Chuck and Willie made it a afternoon to remember. The partners that I met were fantastic. I look forward to many more gatherings with the partners and connections, and hope that everyone enjoys the ride. Thanks again Steve & the Simon racing team for all that you have done for us.

Tom
Old 08-05-2007, 11:43 PM
Saratoga

Thumbs up

pmac, I agree with the above. The day was great regardless of the outcome thanks to Chuck and Steve. She will come back, one race does not undue that which has been done in the last three. Whether she had a bad day, or the rail was dead, or she didn't change leads does not really matter. She lost today and there are very few who run great everytime. I have no doubt she will be back with a performance in the near future that puts us in the winners circle.

Thanks again to Chuck and Steve, being in the paddock at Saratoga was an unbelievable experience that I certainly will not forget, and certainly want to experience again.

Last edited by pointman : 08-06-2007 at 12:05 AM.