Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-13-2009, 09:55 AM
Del Mar

Default Any horses/win bets in this year's BC

Are there any horses you are looking forward to making win bets on or using as singles in vertical wagers in any of the races?

Its usually a really good day to make win bets because you are getting like 5 or 6/1 on horses that usually are no more than 5/2 or 3/1.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:05 AM
The Curragh

I'll do you one better. I will likely hammer an Informed Decision/Ventura ex box regardless of who else is in the field and without even looking at the form.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:10 AM
The Curragh

Im looking forward to betting against Zen&Zen.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:10 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44
I'll do you one better. I will likely hammer an Informed Decision/Ventura ex box regardless of who else is in the field and without even looking at the form.
I thought Ventura is running in the BC Mile? After she spanked that nice field in Woodbine, I thought it was pretty much a no brainer she is going to this race instead of trying to defend in the filly/mare sprint?
Old 10-13-2009, 10:20 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakes44
Exactly....
Old 10-13-2009, 11:34 AM
Fairgrounds

Besides the fact that this exacta will pay about $8, the Godolphin runners pointed to that race are no slouches.

Paul
Old 10-13-2009, 11:56 AM
Sha Tin

I'm waiting until PG1985 gives me his advice before i do anything
Old 10-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Saratoga

The value Breeders cup day is in Rolling the P3's. I usually play a large caveman and a few more isolated plays per race.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:16 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
Solid strategy.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:19 PM
Hollywood Park

I will play Jung Man Scott .
Old 10-13-2009, 12:20 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard
I will play Jung Man Scott .
If I recall he is out.. Injuried last out
Old 10-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Hollywood Park

ohh i'm sorry to hear that but thanks. hope he recovers . a fracture of his right front to be repaired surgically, according to a note on pedigreequery. it says there that ieah also bought into him .
Old 10-13-2009, 01:08 PM
Woodbine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gander
I thought Ventura is running in the BC Mile? After she spanked that nice field in Woodbine, I thought it was pretty much a no brainer she is going to this race instead of trying to defend in the filly/mare sprint?
I think you'd be crazy to pass up any of the sprint races for a shot at Goldikova.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:16 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by smuthg
I think you'd be crazy to pass up any of the sprint races for a shot at Goldikova.
I think Ventura would give Goldikova all she could handle.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:53 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I will play Cowboy Cal and Court Vision in the mile. Zensational cant lose, and he might be 7-5 with the likes of Fatal Bullet and Gayego... Wont bet him to win but will single him in every pick 3 that I cant. Just as Well might have a shot in the turf. Zenyatta will win the Classic if she runs there.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:57 PM
Oriental Park

Assuming he duplicates his last, Gayego looks like a near certainty in the Sprint.

Haven't seen the East coast contenders, but since they haven't tasted the Pro-Ride anyways, I think Lookin At Lucky will be tough to beat in the Juvenile at this point.

It will be interesting to see if Parading ends up in the Dirt Mile. Not sure why he's been so eager in his last two, but if he can settle a little further off the pace, it might give his jock a better shot of timing his move to a more appropriate point in the race. He's been bet down in his last 2, I'm sure he'll be a very round number if McGaughey enters him.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985
I will play Cowboy Cal and Court Vision in the mile. Zensational cant lose, and he might be 7-5 with the likes of Fatal Bullet and Gayego... Wont bet him to win but will single him in every pick 3 that I cant. Just as Well might have a shot in the turf. Zenyatta will win the Classic if she runs there.
Cowboy Cal ran huge over the weekend, but have to think the effort might have put him over the top. His 0-for record in Grade 1 races, plus his vulnerability down the lane, make him sketchy at best in the Mile. The Dirt Mile would be a better fit in terms of class, experience (2 for 2 at Santa Anita), and race setup.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:00 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi
Assuming he duplicates his last, Gayego looks like a near certainty in the Sprint.

Haven't seen the East coast contenders, but since they haven't tasted the Pro-Ride anyways, I think Lookin At Lucky will be tough to beat in the Juvenile at this point.

It will be interesting to see if Parading ends up in the Dirt Mile. Not sure why he's been so eager in his last two, but if he can settle a little further off the pace, it might give his jock a better shot of timing his move to a more appropriate point in the race. He's been bet down in his last 2, I'm sure he'll be a very round number if McGaughey enters him.
Agree about Looking at Lucky, he might be 6-5 or lower. DRF article said if Parading did not win his last, SHug was shipping him back East and no Breeders Cup.
How can Gayego be a near lock? What about Zensational?
Old 10-13-2009, 02:04 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Agree about Looking at Lucky, he might be 6-5 or lower. DRF article said if Parading did not win his last, SHug was shipping him back East and no Breeders Cup.
He might have a change of heart as far as the Dirt Mile is concerned, but the Classic is probably out.

Seems like many people are viewing the Dirt Mile as a secondary race (eg Dick Mandella with Crown Of Thorns) to avoid the real heavy hitters. This only validates that ultimately the race probably takes away from both the Sprint and the Classic.

Beyond the "preview" races at Oak Tree and Belmont, the Breeder's Cup is even ruining their own original championship races.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:26 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
There's almost always $$ to be made trying to beat speedballs like Zensational in the BC Sprint. I'll be staying the heck away from him. If he wins that race with his style, he'll have to be an absolute monster. Maybe he is?