Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Trip Notes
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-25-2012, 11:28 AM
Les Bois

Default Santa Anita 9th

If Pedroza hadn't clipped heels and fell last time aboard Teasing Bernie, then the gelding wouldn't be in today's race. The winner was d'qed for the incident, but came back and aired at even money at this level. The horse who ran second to that next out winner aired in the last race on Monday at this level. At ML odds of 9-2, this is a strong play. Cassidy needs to get paid. Gotta deal with the Baffert tsunami that is engulfing every race that stands before it.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:44 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perrault Robbed View Post
If Pedroza hadn't clipped heels and fell last time aboard Teasing Bernie, then the gelding wouldn't be in today's race. The winner was d'qed for the incident, but came back and aired at even money at this level. The horse who ran second to that next out winner aired in the last race on Monday at this level. At ML odds of 9-2, this is a strong play. Cassidy needs to get paid. Gotta deal with the Baffert tsunami that is engulfing every race that stands before it.

Im Bafferts biggest fan, his horse will be tough. Your horse looks good also, but I would watch out for the 10 on the cutback. In multis I might just use all 3 of them and hope for the best price.
Old 02-25-2012, 11:47 AM
Les Bois

Default Santa Anita 9th

Baffert's colt, 6-5 on the morning line, scratched, so TB probably goes off around 3-2 at post time. Single in your pick 4/6.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:25 PM
Les Bois

Default Teasing Bernie

After returning from clipping heels, throwing the jock, and getting vanned off the track, Teasing Bernie ran as disinterested a race as you are going to see for the struggling barn of Jim Cassidy. Then today he caught an off track that was not playing for speed later in the day, two cheap speed horses went head and head from the gate going 6.5 frlongs, and Bernie rolled home at $16.40 to end the day. For those like me who unoaded on him last time when he ran up the track, I hope you got your money back today.
As handicapppers we should always keep in mind never to fall in love with a horse's latest race and always consider excusing his/hers latest when the odds tell us. Good luck tomorrow and proceed with caution tomorrow in the mud at Arcadia.