Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > Non-Thoroughbred Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-01-2010, 12:30 PM
Morris Park

Default bulletproof enterprises and all owners suspended by ORC

anyone know whats going on? I wonder how this will effect the horses they own. Woodbine Entertainment Group will not allow any horses to race until they conduct an investigation, but horses still racing at Meadowlands and other tracks in US.
Old 02-04-2010, 09:42 AM
Les Bois

USA tracks are no longer taking their entries, will be interesting to see how it plays out.
Old 02-05-2010, 09:28 AM
Sunshine Park

He Mr Brooks and any family member are now under suspension from racing due to tax problems, taking from investors to pay for horses.
Old 02-09-2010, 10:48 AM
Les Bois

this story goes back for yrs now, from insider trading to faulty equipment they sold to the us government, tax problems, etc. not mentioning the horse business they have enough irons in the fire. What should really upset other horsemen is the fact they have raced horses for so long although their assets were supposedly frozen, and in the process won practically every race for 3yo pacing fillys. their main trainer couldnt train a cat to drink milk a year ago and now has become the secong coming of Stanley Dancer (Tracy Brainard). Add that to all the other crooked **** these clowns have done and I doubt those horses are on grain and alfalfa. we shall see...
Old 02-10-2010, 03:36 PM
Sunshine Park

Yes but they have not been caught with anything as of yet so how can come down on them for anything. Tracy was denided winning the O'Brien award in canada our top honour,nothing against Casie Coleman who won the award but should not have,the #'s speak for themselves and Tracy led in every catagory.
Old 02-10-2010, 04:54 PM
Morris Park

I live in central new york and have watched tracy and her boyfriend josh marks at vernon for the last few years. Before the bullet horses tracy was a very average trainer.The rumors around vernon were that the horses were prepped on a farm and shipped to tracy ready to go. All I can say is that I cashed a ton of tickets with the two of them all last year and I hope for the over 800 horses involved in this situation that they get proper care and find new owners to race again this year.