Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-10-2007, 06:21 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by POINTGIVEN1985
i am going to pay him, i only came back for this 1 reasson, actually i will never have to pay him because the horse wont win, why are you even involved in this senttostud? do you have anything to do with this ?
sorry, i guess. it's just a humorous thread. frankly i don't really care. I have skin tags older than you. Good luck.
Old 02-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Dee Tee Stables

if this were a private conversation, it should be on PM-otherwise just fodder for the masses...

i love when posters get offended when others respond to a thread on a message board, isn't that the point??
Old 02-10-2007, 08:02 AM
Newmarket

we're all involved, we all have a stake. why i don't know what i would do if i found out that i couldn't trust the word of another poster.

plus the fact thats its the duty of all of us to butt in and provide wry commentary on threads that we have nothing to do with.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:05 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArlJim78
we're all involved, we all have a stake. why i don't know what i would do if i found out that i couldn't trust the word of another poster.

plus the fact thats its the duty of all of us to butt in and provide wry commentary on threads that we have nothing to do with.
Alas, I've earned another demerit.

Somehow.... must.... go... on.
Old 02-10-2007, 08:07 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Nobody thinks you will pay anyways.
That's simple. You both have to send the money beforehand to a 3rd party that you both trust. Kasept probably doesn't want to get involved. Cannon Shell will probably be perceived by Scuds as too partial in the debate. How about someone like Sniper, ArlJim, Hooves, or some other longtime reasonably sane poster that doesn't appear to desparately need $2K?

Best would be if Scuds and ImOuttaHere sent the money via PayPal, so the money could earn 5% in PayPal's moneymarket while the bet is going on. Whoever loses could get his 5% back.

--Dunbar
Old 02-10-2007, 08:12 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraja2
Man of your word huh?
Interesting.
What about these words of yours from earlier today:
"i wont be posting anything here anymore"
LMFAO!!!
Old 02-10-2007, 08:14 AM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunbar
That's simple. You both have to send the money beforehand to a 3rd party that you both trust. Kasept probably doesn't want to get involved. Cannon Shell will probably be perceived by Scuds as too partial in the debate. How about someone like Sniper, ArlJim, Hooves, or some other longtime reasonably sane poster that doesn't appear to desparately need $2K?

Best would be if Scuds and ImOuttaHere sent the money via PayPal, so the money could earn 5% in PayPal's moneymarket while the bet is going on. Whoever loses could get his 5% back.

--Dunbar
Just show me the money, boys... J/K
Old 02-10-2007, 08:22 AM
Newmarket

Quote:

--Dunbar
Don't jump to conclusions now...
Old 02-10-2007, 08:44 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Okay, Jim, in your case we'll settle for the occasionally sane standard!

;>)
--Dunbar
Old 02-10-2007, 09:16 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
funny....don't see my name up there!

waaaaah, i'm taking my toys and going home. oh...wait. wrong place for that, have to start a new thread
Old 02-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by SentToStud
Alas, I've earned another demerit.

Somehow.... must.... go... on.
another demerit? not from me, i was being sarcastic.
Old 02-10-2007, 09:55 AM
Newmarket

Quote:
Okay, Jim, in your case we'll settle for the occasionally sane standard!

;>)
--Dunbar
Okay, that seems about right.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:01 AM
Churchill Downs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
I dont think he is overrated, just ordinary. Funny thing about the Triple Crown is that everybody calls for all these changes but rarely is anything said about the Belmont. It really does not fit into the modern racing scene (good or bad) and without a triple crown on the line is really a mediocre event. I'm not suggesting a change but I am suprised that others haven't.
Let me suggest a change - make the Jockey CLub Gold Cup 2 miles again, the Woodward 12f, and revive the Saratoga, Pimlico, and Monmouth Cups. Then we'll separate the real classic horses from the pretenders.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:09 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedigree Ann
Let me suggest a change - make the Jockey CLub Gold Cup 2 miles again, the Woodward 12f, and revive the Saratoga, Pimlico, and Monmouth Cups. Then we'll separate the real classic horses from the pretenders.
In a perfect world that would be great but the problem is not in the racing schedule it is the fact that the mainstream breeders have zero desire to produce these types of horses. Like it or not one of the largest market segments at the high end of the scale is people who are buying to resell. Pinhookers are always going to look for precocious horses as long as we have 2 yr old in training sales. And a lot of buyers are looking for horses hat can earn on their investment in the short term, not long term. The fact that partnerships are geting more and more popular does not help because these people are going to try to buy horses that get to the races fast so thatthey can get action right away. It would be hard to market a partnership that was looking for 2 mile horses since they would not get a chance to race for almost 2 years after the initial investment. I think if you made these races 2 miles you would just wind up with small fields full of slow horses and Jazil.