Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Esoteric Central
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Super Moderator

Default Announcements

Gang,

We had a pretty lengthy meeting on our yacht from 4 all the way to 4:12 pm.

We covered a lot of ground... such as the direction of the board, employee development, and what we can do for YOU, the poster, to make this a more desirable place.

We thought, first and foremost, that we really want to encourage our open door policy to each and every one of you. Please, don't hesitate to shoot us a private message with any questions or concerns, or better yet, just post them here in the open forum so we can have a round table discussion.

We just want you to know you're our most valuable asset and we want you to feel at ease with coming to us for any number of things. Just note that we typically check out for the day around 1pm and we are fairly inebriated by noon.

We also want to keep YOU, the poster, informed of what is going on with any strategy or policy changes, future works, as well as changes in poster personnel. So let's start. Here are some news and notes from around the board:

- After much careful consideration, we may trade the poster '10 Pnt Move Up' to the Thoroughbred Champions board.

We asked for a trade with MtConverse "Straight Up" ... but but all we could get in return was an expired 10% off coupon on Sundays only for vertical blinds at a now defunct window treatment store in Sandusky Ohio. We feel good about this deal.

- We are still commited to building an enviornment and culture of happy people who beat the devil out of their keyboard and post good thoughts. We have decided that this most happy tune will be the new DerbyTrail.com theme song...please watch and enjoy...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLO7t...ature=youtu.be

Remember folks, when you post ... DerbyTrail.com is YOUR world and YOU are the creator.

- Lastly, this is more of a request than an announcement:

Whoever is sh!tting in the coffee pot, please refrain from doing so. It's damaging the machine, as well as slightly ruining the flavor of the coffee.

Thank you.

- The New Team

PS: Whether you think you can or you can't - you're RIGHT!
Old 12-04-2012, 04:55 PM
Hialeah Park

I love how Ross's Fro changes in size
Old 12-04-2012, 08:07 PM
Belmont Park

How much of Scav's contract is going against our salary cap?

He was a bargain early on, but now he's in the money years of that elongated agreement and is barely phoning it in.

I don't know what we can get for him, but if we can't turn him around, we may need to consider an outright release and focus in grooming our prospects.

This is a tough business, but it is business.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:17 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i think doug needs to take more field trips and post the play by play. pictures are a plus...but only clean 'before' sock photos, please.
Old 12-04-2012, 08:52 PM
Flemington

Dear New Team:

While I respectfully applaud your efforts to breath new life into Nerdy, no open forum, year end awards or trades are going to cut it. Now, this does not mean that you should take the all-expense paid trip to Costa Rica off the table. My summer tan has faded and I haven't updated a bikini pic on Facebook in months so I need this trip.

NT will rise from the ashes like the Phoenix the moment a four-legged Hero strides into town.

The knee-jerk reaction of such salty veterans as Blackthroatedwind and cmoriales is likely to be "No, not that!," but hear me out fine Nerdies. It is in the moments when faced with such statements as "Imagine how much he would have won by if he was asked!" or "She did only what she needed to do to win." that we, as a forum have risen to Greatness. Pages upon pages of lively debate will emit forth from our lively fingers! We scoff at the lack of competition, the cherry-picked spots and lack of true brilliance of our present-day Hero. We tell stories of the Grand thoroughbreds of decades past and when that doesn't work, we make magazine covers featuring the delusional and obsessed poster and his/her fine stead.

Ah yes, the photoshops. That will always be our greatest contribution to the horseyboard world. No one does it better than NT.

Sincerely,

Sighty
Old 12-04-2012, 09:02 PM
Flemington

p.s. If any of you guys darted Riot, take the rest of the year off! You have truly done enough.
Old 12-04-2012, 09:12 PM
Super Moderator

That put a smile on my face and a teardrop in my eye, Sighty.

Very beautiful.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:09 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
How much of Scav's contract is going against our salary cap?

He was a bargain early on, but now he's in the money years of that elongated agreement and is barely phoning it in.

I don't know what we can get for him, but if we can't turn him around, we may need to consider an outright release and focus in grooming our prospects.

This is a tough business, but it is business.
Good call.

I'm going to make a few calls to GM's at other boards and test the waters. It's hard to say what Scav's market value is right now.
Old 12-05-2012, 07:54 AM
Flemington

Is Richard being shopped as trade bait? It's the only explination I could think of for all the playing time is his getting lately.
Wow, if Richard could be dealt then no one is safe.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:31 AM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
Is Richard being shopped as trade bait? It's the only explination I could think of for all the playing time is his getting lately.
zigfried and roy weep..
Old 12-05-2012, 08:56 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
we'd probably only get a conditional draft pick.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:18 AM
Goodwood

I think Dickie would fit right in at PA.

That board is totally schizo.
Old 03-18-2013, 01:08 PM
Belmont Park

Thumbs down Wtf New Team???!!!!

I might suggest that the New Team board of directors revisit whatever "direction" was decided upon on the DT Yacht back in Dec. 2012 - those decisions ARE CLEARLY not working.

We have lost a great deal of traction in this market. The loss of Coach Pants was almost insurmountable, and now coupled with the frequent, consistent and glaringly steady stream of departing DT regulars - our situation has surpassed alarming, and is now boarding on critical. Del Mar Fruit Club critical.

Occasionally, decisions are made that on the surface, appear to be salient in logic, forthright, and intelligently thought out. One such decision, I humbly may suggest, was the darting of an ENTIRE ROOM. Drastic, yes. But on the surface, a very effective method of staving off interactions between DT members that may have been taken out of context to presume nasty, personal attacks on one another.

One unintended consequence of vaporizing the entire room is that the action also opened the exit doors to a great number of frequent posters, some with ties to the horsey world, some not, but contributors nonetheless.

The unfortunate upshot of all of this is that the forum has become veritable wasteland, it's namesake in full stride, just 7 weeks removed from the Derby. It should not be this way. We need to reinstate the politico room, and invite our long lost regulars back with open arms.
We also need to reach out to some of the other forums and invite them back to the newly rejuvenated DT.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:40 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
I might suggest that the New Team board of directors revisit whatever "direction" was decided upon on the DT Yacht back in Dec. 2012 - those decisions ARE CLEARLY not working.

We have lost a great deal of traction in this market. The loss of Coach Pants was almost insurmountable, and now coupled with the frequent, consistent and glaringly steady stream of departing DT regulars - our situation has surpassed alarming, and is now boarding on critical. Del Mar Fruit Club critical.

Occasionally, decisions are made that on the surface, appear to be salient in logic, forthright, and intelligently thought out. One such decision, I humbly may suggest, was the darting of an ENTIRE ROOM. Drastic, yes. But on the surface, a very effective method of staving off interactions between DT members that may have been taken out of context to presume nasty, personal attacks on one another.

One unintended consequence of vaporizing the entire room is that the action also opened the exit doors to a great number of frequent posters, some with ties to the horsey world, some not, but contributors nonetheless.

The unfortunate upshot of all of this is that the forum has become veritable wasteland, it's namesake in full stride, just 7 weeks removed from the Derby. It should not be this way. We need to reinstate the politico room, and invite our long lost regulars back with open arms.
We also need to reach out to some of the other forums and invite them back to the newly rejuvenated DT.
Unless he's actually been darted, this post is my attempt to help you get Coach back on the board. He's a more valuable member than I am, at least from a volume and LOL standpoint.

I just figure that post number 4,871 for me isn't likely, statistically speaking, to be the first one in history that I'm able to make without him quoting it and basically calling me a dumb ****, regardless of the topic, tone, or content of my post.

The above Coach bait is all I have to offer right now.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:57 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwspencer View Post
Unless he's actually been darted, this post is my attempt to help you get Coach back on the board. He's a more valuable member than I am, at least from a volume and LOL standpoint.

I just figure that post number 4,871 for me isn't likely, statistically speaking, to be the first one in history that I'm able to make without him quoting it and basically calling me a dumb ****, regardless of the topic, tone, or content of my post.

The above Coach bait is all I have to offer right now.
Coach isn't coming back. I doubt Indian Charlie is either. And add about 15 - 20 others that regularly participated here and perhaps you may get the point.

This is an attempt to stop the bleeding of participating, interactive members away from this forum by reinstating the politics room.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:09 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Coach isn't coming back. I doubt Indian Charlie is either. And add about 15 - 20 others that regularly participated here and perhaps you may get the point.

This is an attempt to stop the bleeding of participating, interactive members away from this forum by reinstating the politics room.
I was mostly kidding. I get it.

I'm sure I racked up 95% of my career posts here more than three or four years ago, and it's certainly not for a lack of interest in racing in the last three years. I'm more interested and invested now than I was five years ago. But I've got mine, and I'm sure everyone has their own reasons for not frequenting regularly.

Mine was generally nasty attitudes that made it more work to post and participate than it was worth. Maybe that has to do with the politics room, maybe not.

Either way, your point is spot-on. I've always been reading along even if I'm not posting, and my daily trip by usually lasts about three minutes these days.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:52 PM
Del Mar

Quote:

Why don't you post a poll thread here to re-open the Politics/Society forum.
Yes
No
Don't care

I tried but don't know how to do the poll format...

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 03-18-2013, 06:03 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i can't help but think that it will take me waaaay longer to get my next 24k posts than it took to get the first. it's too bad that a few bad apples spoiled that barrel for the rest of us. i miss it, i miss the discourse (altho it did get rough at times) and i still read stuff and think oh, i could...and then i remember we can't talk about such things here anymore.
slate is the only other place i post-and it's just not the same.
Old 03-18-2013, 06:31 PM
Del Mar

Let's get serious here...

Bring back the BEULAH thread!

everything else pales....
Old 03-18-2013, 09:43 PM
Flemington

Sure you might get action in the political room, but the paddock will still be the sound of crickets...

Why and when did Indian Charlie leave?