Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-22-2008, 12:51 PM
SCUDSBROTHER's Avatar
SCUDSBROTHER SCUDSBROTHER is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A.
Posts: 11,326
Default Diamondbacks

If I put a K on them to win tonite, you think I can force a loss?

Will get $1800 , or a 3 game lead with 6 to go. Actually it's gunna only be a 2 1/2 or 1 1/2 game lead,because we (evidently...OOHMY FN G) gunna put Maddux on the mound Thursday Night. Atleast that will be 6 full days rest. That might help, but he really is pretty much done. If he pitches decently at all than it's 100% sure he needs 6 full days rest, or don't bother trying to start him anymore. To me, it's like giving up a loss(starting him Thursday.) 1 extra day rest is our only hope. If you're starting this guy, it's a white flag . Should consider starting LOWE on 102 hours rest. Can't tell Torre anything though. He has sacrificed certain games all year. Maybe it's right, and maybe it isn't, but he doesn't try hard to win every game. Thursday Nite is just one example of many. We're getting an extra day, and he still pitches a guy in a stadium that the Giants just tore him up in.

Last edited by SCUDSBROTHER : 09-22-2008 at 01:08 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-22-2008, 12:55 PM
GBBob GBBob is offline
Hialeah Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
If I put a K on them to win tonite, you think I can force a loss?

Will get $1800 , or a 3 game lead with 6 to go.
If you do, put a dime on the Twins for me tomorrow night too
__________________
"but there's just no point in trying to predict when the narcissits finally figure out they aren't living in the most important time ever."
hi im god quote
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-25-2008, 12:17 PM
SCUDSBROTHER's Avatar
SCUDSBROTHER SCUDSBROTHER is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A.
Posts: 11,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
If you do, put a dime on the Twins for me tomorrow night too
U sweating all over yourself yet? Don't lose the 3rd one.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-25-2008, 01:36 PM
GBBob GBBob is offline
Hialeah Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
U sweating all over yourself yet? Don't lose the 3rd one.
It's ridiculous...the sox certainly aren't the second coming of the '27 Yankess...probably not even the '78 Yankees, but they have ground it out all year and if the choke it away now, that will truly suck. Watching the Twinkies dink and dunk Buerhle to death last night and the Sox hitters strand guys every inning was worse than my colonoscopy three weeks ago. At least I was sedated for that..
__________________
"but there's just no point in trying to predict when the narcissits finally figure out they aren't living in the most important time ever."
hi im god quote
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-25-2008, 04:40 PM
SCUDSBROTHER's Avatar
SCUDSBROTHER SCUDSBROTHER is offline
Flemington
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: L.A.
Posts: 11,326
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
It's ridiculous...the sox certainly aren't the second coming of the '27 Yankess...probably not even the '78 Yankees, but they have ground it out all year and if the choke it away now, that will truly suck. Watching the Twinkies dink and dunk Buerhle to death last night and the Sox hitters strand guys every inning was worse than my colonoscopy three weeks ago. At least I was sedated for that..
Would a full body scan be specific enough to get you out of doing that?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-25-2008, 08:25 PM
GBBob GBBob is offline
Hialeah Park
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,340
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
Would a full body scan be specific enough to get you out of doing that?
6-1...hang on
__________________
"but there's just no point in trying to predict when the narcissits finally figure out they aren't living in the most important time ever."
hi im god quote
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.