Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-10-2007, 05:22 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
you realize there is no pay for that position...and no immunity from restraining orders or stalking suits?:p

I am putting in my 2 weeks notice then...
Old 02-10-2007, 05:23 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by paisjpq
you're creepy, you know that
I'm starting to think he is like Quagmire from Family Guy.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:24 PM
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3B
I am putting in my 2 weeks notice then...
that's like saying 'this is my last post' we both know it isn't true
Arlington Park

any video yet?
top predator.

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35
never seen it...
Old 02-10-2007, 05:25 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randallscott35

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deWuyjx1lRU

Old 02-10-2007, 05:25 PM
Jerome Park

I'm confused....did anyone actually WATCH this race?

Circular Quay, who I don't like and bet against, had an " Invasor trip " times ten. He was jammed inside by Velasquez and when the horse broke down directly in front of him he was COMPLETELY eliminated and lost many lengths. Please watch this race again.

Look, I don't think a great deal of Circular Quay going two turns, but the flow of the race fit his running style and he did VERY well to finish where he did considering his ridiculous amount of trouble.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:26 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by T3B
haha, your role model for sure.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Idlewild Airport

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind

Circular Quay, who I don't like and bet against, had an " Invasor trip " times ten. He was jammed inside by Velasquez and when the horse broke down directly in front of him he was COMPLETELY eliminated and lost many lengths. Please watch this race again.

Look, I don't think a great deal of Circular Quay going two turns, but the flow of the race fit his running style and he did VERY well to finish where he did considering his ridiculous amount of trouble.
Fair Grounds is unavailable on Youbet so I couldn't see it.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:27 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Interesting for third..
Touché. But "interesting for third" is the same thing in this race as "interesting for the place," which would not have been half bad with the way Notional ran.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:29 PM

Quote:

I was sure he was going to go down when I saw it. Like I said before -- not sure he was the winner, but would have made it interesting and acquitted himself nicely after the incident.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:32 PM
top predator.

Quote:

nope, not on in the hinterlands.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:35 PM
Narragansett Park

Quote:

From what I saw as I only watched most of the race once on TVG CQ was off DEAD LAST and moved up along the inside . (TVG replayed the jockey falling about 10 times.) At the head of the lane JV had to pull him up to avoid the fallen rider. After that he had absolutely no shot. Just before the incident it looked like JV had plenty of horse, whether or not it was enough to get through the field in the stretch is another thing. The way Notional ran I doubt CQ would have gotten there in the end. CQ was in traffice on the rail and would have had to pass most of the field in the strecth.

In my opinion he would finished stroing but probably at best only gotten third or fourth at best.

Hope this helps.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:38 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:

I didn't think he would have won but certainly would have had a shot at 2nd without the problems. I'm going to be watching his odds closely in the Derby futures to see if they skyrocket.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
I didn't think he would have won but certainly would have had a shot at 2nd without the problems. I'm going to be watching his odds closely in the Derby futures to see if they skyrocket.
Was thinking that Notional winning doesn't make Liquidity look too bad either. Notional's going to go down the tube, and Liquidity may remain a good value in there. That was my first thought.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holland Hacker
From what I saw as I only watched most of the race once on TVG CQ was off DEAD LAST and moved up along the inside . (TVG replayed the jockey falling about 10 times.) At the head of the lane JV had to pull him up to avoid the fallen rider. After that he had absolutely no shot. Just before the incident it looked like JV had plenty of horse, whether or not it was enough to get through the field in the stretch is another thing. The way Notional ran I doubt CQ would have gotten there in the end. CQ was in traffice on the rail and would have had to pass most of the field in the strecth.

In my opinion he would finished stroing but probably at best only gotten third or fourth at best.

Hope this helps.

Well, one place he wasn't finishing was third....being that a head seperated the second and third finishers.

I have no idea where he would have finished, save to say much closer than he did, and I will bet against him when he is ridiculously overbet again next time. He's a closing sprinter and not even necessarily a particularly good one at that. However, he was completely eliminated today, after getting a very sweet trip albeit he was a bit slow out of the gate and the horse outside of him came over. Since he was dropping out of it anyway it really didn't particularly affect his positioning.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:47 PM
miles2135

Circular Quay was down on the rail and got reamed by the horse right in front of him. He was so full of run i believe that he was going to easily win the race. Others may disagree but i strongly believe he would have drawn off.
Old 02-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
I have no idea where he would have finished, save to say much closer than he did, and I will bet against him when he is ridiculously overbet again next time.
I loved 'crazy today and his second was a bit of a letdown. But, CQ was moving with him around the turn. I'm going to go out on a limb and say that CQ would have finished near or better than 'crazy, just based upon how he was going on the turn. Of course anything could have happened in the stretch, but CQ was completely eliminated and finished very well none-the-less.

And yes, he'll be stupidly overbet next time.... much like he was today.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Please watch this race again. Look, I don't think a great deal of Circular Quay going two turns, but the flow of the race fit his running style and he did VERY well to finish where he did considering his ridiculous amount of trouble.
Watched again... 4X.. No way to know where Quay could have finished, but certainly lost all chance. I thought he was ahead of the incident in amongst when watching live, but was watching the action up front then. That's always the problem with a laggard running style, and JV might have thought about trying to get him off the rail well before the top of the stretch.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:02 PM
Flemington

Quote:

Yea,I saw it.A total toss for C.Q. NOTIONAL got a nice win.Spankey is lookin' for his boy Buckwheat.