Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Flemington

I really look forward to the next two months of whining about Rachel not being in the BC!
Old 09-03-2009, 10:01 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sightseek
I really look forward to the next two months of whining about Rachel not being in the BC!
It's not whining...he's being the bitch here
Old 09-03-2009, 10:09 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Would you like to see her race in the BC?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:10 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
I'll change my mind as soon as the precious NYRA allows me to run the BC on dirt..oh yeah...Rachel, Rachel, Rachel....lol..ship her ass
They ship her out there and we probably will not have the greatest $10 seats of all time available.....
Old 09-03-2009, 10:11 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell
No.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:19 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
No.
Why not?

She has already won over the synthetic at Keeneland, pretty impressively by the way.

She will love Santa Anita also
Old 09-03-2009, 10:20 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
No.
That is some logic that I will never understand.

Why because she may lose?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Flemington

Quote:
That is some logic that I will never understand.

Why because she may lose?
She could lose on Saturday and I'd run her there anyway.

I don't understand the "it's the BC you must run" logic - and it's not like she is the only horse being withheld from the event.
Old 09-03-2009, 10:26 PM
Saratoga

Quote:

I don't understand the "it's the BC you must run" logic - and it's not like she is the only horse being withheld from the event.
The BC is for the best horses to run against each other. Hell, the f'n Euro's try their turf horses on dirt/synthetic every single year, but this Jackson guy can't ship the best horse of 2009 out there.....

I still maintain that she will run in the BC, regardless of what he is saying. As you all have seen, the guy likes a 'story' and him repeating saying he isn't going to do it, then he says "For the good of the game and industry I am going to run RA in the BC Classic"
Old 09-03-2009, 10:29 PM
Dee Tee Stables

i'd probably run her. but i can't fault jess for not running her. hell, he's run her plenty, as did her previous owner. she's had a season with more starts than most do these days, and it's early september. as someone wrote a few weeks back, when does she tail off? you'd think at some point she'd get tired.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:11 PM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
ooooh Gary West! The Steve Assmussen/Jess Jackson PR man. Is he already giving out excuses in case she loses?

You know what is also great about horses? When they always act like assholes we cut thier nuts off.
Well Haskin wrote a column today doing the same thing.

But let me see if understand:

If someone discusses now how she could easily lose, they have to listen to a dork like you mumbling your gibberish above?

But if they don't bring it up now, and she loses, proven liar/distortionist dalkhani is going to whine because they didn't raise it advance?

Do you guys routinely give each other reacharounds? Or do you limit yourselves to circle jerks like this?

Maybe you guys will get "lucky" and she'll break down--then you can feel REALLY superior to Jess Jackson. Yeah, you'll have shown him but good.

IC, there were more entertaining loons on AOL, but the concentration of true bitter losers is no less here.
Old 09-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSC
Does that also include the fanclub or fanantical posters who take it as blasphemy if they feel that their favorite horse has been besmirched when their accomplishments are questioned?

The only fanatics in this discussion are you and rough operator.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:01 AM
Del Mar

Quote:

But why wouldnt you want to see her run in the bc? She is the best horse in the country clearly. As a fan, why wouldnt you want to see her on the biggest stage?
Old 09-04-2009, 01:15 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tector
Well Haskin wrote a column today doing the same thing.

But let me see if understand:

If someone discusses now how she could easily lose, they have to listen to a dork like you mumbling your gibberish above?

But if they don't bring it up now, and she loses, proven liar/distortionist dalkhani is going to whine because they didn't raise it advance?

Do you guys routinely give each other reacharounds? Or do you limit yourselves to circle jerks like this?

Maybe you guys will get "lucky" and she'll break down--then you can feel REALLY superior to Jess Jackson. Yeah, you'll have shown him but good.

IC, there were more entertaining loons on AOL, but the concentration of true bitter losers is no less here.
Liar/distortionist? LOL Yes, I lied about you calling Pletcher out AFTER the Travers was over. You really didnt rip into pletcher for running a short horse after the race was over after not mentioning it before hand. You doing that really isnt as Lame as i thought.

Are you happy? Can we move on? Or rather, can you just go back to aol so the adults can discuss racing again?

Thanks
Old 09-04-2009, 01:20 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by GBBob
I could/may/hope to own a special horse like RA some day. All I know is if I ever owned her, she would be on the first flight to LA to run in run in the BC.
Win, lose or draw I would never put my personal agenda about surfaces against a great match up.
exactly! If she is one for the ages (and i believe she is), take her to Santa Anita and let her win the BCC.
Old 09-04-2009, 04:27 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
Please put down the bottle, take your mouth off the bong and explain.
it's not a bong, i just happened to grab a pen & a large bottle of pain pills in the same hand! (but i did note a few posters 'blowing smoke' in Crist's direction!) oooooooooooohhhh

[on top of my regular cardiovascular compromising (2 open heart surg...) genetic disease (and some/most here would say mentally "special"), i just got hit head-on in my chest by a mini van at high speeds while waiting for a red light.]
Rather than wonder how the hell i'm alive , i'd prefer to log on the internet under an alias, and project my jealous insecurities onto one of the classiest pros in this business. Any questions?

Ok that was weird. delete?

I didn't think my response was that cryptic

"The Woodward, a far better indicator of genuine quality than races on experimental surfaces where championship form is highly suspect..."
- Crist

There simply wasn't a better race in North America than the Classic last year. Championship form couldn't have held up better in the race. 3 of world's best thoroughbreds ran their best race of the year. How great is that?

"Experimental" actually applies to Dubai's surface, as we haven't run on it yet. However for 6Million on a surface that most of the world's best horses can handle, we should expect one of the best DWCs in years.

The field for the woodward has 1 true Grade1 horse in Rachel, and the rest are uninspiring older division runners. No world's best in here to battle rachel. [please nobody find a race listed as grade1 that one of these pigs won, that isn't what i mean].

Honestly the Woodward isn't an alternative to the Classic or Dubai, so i don't really know why it is being compared, other than for HOY voting...

finally, yes the Travers was worse. After the fact it is pretty easy to acknowledge. None of the good horses besides Summer Bird got the distance and we saw an uncontested race. Kensei looked like a pumped up star miler, but he wasn't born to win the Travers. Nobody with a clue is really arguing that the Travers is better, at least not after the fact.

ok i have a date with a noisy MRI
Old 09-04-2009, 04:58 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby Fischer
it's not a bong, i just happened to grab a pen & a large bottle of pain pills in the same hand! (but i did note a few posters 'blowing smoke' in Crist's direction!) oooooooooooohhhh

[on top of my regular cardiovascular compromising (2 open heart surg...) genetic disease (and some/most here would say mentally "special"), i just got hit head-on in my chest by a mini van at high speeds while waiting for a red light.]
Rather than wonder how the hell i'm alive , i'd prefer to log on the internet under an alias, and project my jealous insecurities onto one of the classiest pros in this business. Any questions?

Ok that was weird. delete?

I didn't think my response was that cryptic

"The Woodward, a far better indicator of genuine quality than races on experimental surfaces where championship form is highly suspect..."
- Crist

There simply wasn't a better race in North America than the Classic last year. Championship form couldn't have held up better in the race. 3 of world's best thoroughbreds ran their best race of the year. How great is that?

"Experimental" actually applies to Dubai's surface, as we haven't run on it yet. However for 6Million on a surface that most of the world's best horses can handle, we should expect one of the best DWCs in years.

The field for the woodward has 1 true Grade1 horse in Rachel, and the rest are uninspiring older division runners. No world's best in here to battle rachel. [please nobody find a race listed as grade1 that one of these pigs won, that isn't what i mean].

Honestly the Woodward isn't an alternative to the Classic or Dubai, so i don't really know why it is being compared, other than for HOY voting...

finally, yes the Travers was worse. After the fact it is pretty easy to acknowledge. None of the good horses besides Summer Bird got the distance and we saw an uncontested race. Kensei looked like a pumped up star miler, but he wasn't born to win the Travers. Nobody with a clue is really arguing that the Travers is better, at least not after the fact.

ok i have a date with a noisy MRI
I think you posted on the wrong site... Did you meant to post here
http://www.sympathy.com/
Old 09-04-2009, 04:58 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by tector
Well Haskin wrote a column today doing the same thing. ...IC, there were more entertaining loons on AOL, but the concentration of true bitter losers is no less here.
My first Ignore addition in 6 months.

--Dunbar
Old 09-04-2009, 05:07 AM
The Curragh

Quote:
Very much. But I'm willing to cut Jackson a lot of slack considering the spots he's already put Rachel in this year. Running her back on 2 weeks rest in the Preakness--many thought that was foolish. Then the Haskell and the Woodward.

Dare I say...he's done enough.

--Dunbar
Old 09-04-2009, 06:11 AM
Arlington Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Charlie
The only fanatics in this discussion are you and rough operator.
1. Suggesting that Summer Bird could beat Rachel if they meet in the JCGC.
2. Wishing that Rachel will run in the BC.
3. Wishing that Rachel would run in the JCGC.
4. Saying that Zenyatta has atleast won dual stakes on both poly and dirt and RA hasn't.

This makes me a fanantic?