Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Joey Bianca's Saratoga.. 2.007
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-07-2007, 12:53 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Default Party at Byk's!; I heart the '07 sophomores

Party at Byk's!; I heart the '07 sophomores

Just another reason why Steve is the man, last night. In the house, drinking, smoking, blasting music, eating, generally just causing a huge ruckus were me, Sam, Kelly, Martin, Alex, Lori, Patricia, Teeny and Jesse. Those last three were pretty tame, but you get the picture, and Steve is upstairs the whole time not saying a word. If this were my house, I think I would've flipped my lid by about the third time I heard "Wet Wipes" by Cam'ron resonating through my sheet rock.

Anyway, after a whole bunch of drinks, Lori, Alex and I decided to hit up a hippie party, or at least make a cameo, so down the road we go to Amanda's pad, which is pretty ****ing sweet. There we proceed to have many more beers, listen to Britney sing a little bit, and play lots of beer pong. I got my ass kicked by all three of those activities, but it didn't matter to me, because I was just tickled by the girl-to-guy ratio there. Had to be at least 4-to-1. A party doesn't have to be exciting or wild, as long as there are plenty of chicks in attendance, I'm satisfied. We left, unfortunately without my really dope Breeders' Cup '07 lid that Steve got me earlier in the day, and I don't remember too much after that. In my next swing of consciousness, I woke up on a deflated air bed back at Byk's.

The canadians, including Patricia, who is ****ing AWESOME, dipped this morning, so now it's just me and Lori at the crib, and I'm eyeing the third of a fifth of Cap'n sitting next to the microwave.

On another note, I'd like everyone in attendance to rise and applaud obnoxiously for the 2007 class of three-year-olds. Damn near every way we turn, we hear about how today's thoroughbred band is a slow, fragile, shallow lot, and if that's an accurate portrait, then we should be thanking our lucky stars for the three-year-old crop we've been blessed with this year. Unless Lawyer Ron keeps blowing 197 BSF's all year long, it's pretty much a lock that a sophomore will win the BC Classic, and what's scintilating is that it could be any of about five or six horses, one of them being a filly. Tiago has the potential to be a superstar down the road, the West Virginia Derby was strong and competitive, Nobiz Like Shobiz, a very good colt and a Grade I winner, had to try the turf yesterday to get away from the dirt monsters he's been facing, and he won impressively. Hard Spun, the RUNNER-UP IN THE KENTUCKY DERBY, is being retracted to one turn, partly because of distance issues and partly because he's a cut below the top two-turn sophs. And he's no lock to dominate around one turn, with giants like Black Seventeen and Teuflesberg waiting to test his chin.

It's freaking delightful. The only shame is that we won't get to see most of these guys past this fall, but hey, when the top of the older male division has the quality and attractiveness of a daytime stripper, take what you can get.

Just picked up tomorrow's form, and staring at a day off, so I'll run down the card a little later.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:58 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
but hey, when the top of the older male division has the quality and attractiveness of a daytime stripper, take what you can get.
Now this is an interesting analogy....
Old 08-07-2007, 01:32 PM
Hialeah Park

When I read this title I was so sure you were referring to the high school sophomores.
Old 08-07-2007, 01:59 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Originally Posted by SniperSB23
When I read this title I was so sure you were referring to the high school sophomores.
Funny guy..
Old 08-07-2007, 02:22 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Lori hearts the high school sophomores also, I'm sure.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:32 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajungator26
Of course she does.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Of course she does.
Gotta start training them young.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:40 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Gotta start training them young.
I must be getting old cause I couldn't see anything to start training there.
Old 08-07-2007, 02:44 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
I must be getting old cause I couldn't see anything to start training there.
LOL now you know how I feel........I remember the old days something about grass on the field but I guess that no longer is applicable.........
Old 08-07-2007, 02:51 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by dellinger63
LOL now you know how I feel........I remember the old days something about grass on the field but I guess that no longer is applicable.........

WOW
Old 08-07-2007, 03:06 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
but hey, when the top of the older male division has the quality and attractiveness of a daytime stripper, take what you can get.
You do have a way with metaphor ....

Thanks - you're a great read.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 08-07-2007, 04:02 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid
Party at Byk's!; I heart the '07 sophomores

Just another reason why Steve is the man, last night. In the house, drinking, smoking, blasting music, eating, generally just causing a huge ruckus were me, Sam, Kelly, Martin, Alex, Lori, Patricia, Teeny and Jesse. Those last three were pretty tame, but you get the picture, and Steve is upstairs the whole time not saying a word. If this were my house, I think I would've flipped my lid by about the third time I heard "Wet Wipes" by Cam'ron resonating through my sheet rock.

Anyway, after a whole bunch of drinks, Lori, Alex and I decided to hit up a hippie party, or at least make a cameo, so down the road we go to Amanda's pad, which is pretty ****ing sweet. There we proceed to have many more beers, listen to Britney sing a little bit, and play lots of beer pong. I got my ass kicked by all three of those activities, but it didn't matter to me, because I was just tickled by the girl-to-guy ratio there. Had to be at least 4-to-1. A party doesn't have to be exciting or wild, as long as there are plenty of chicks in attendance, I'm satisfied. We left, unfortunately without my really dope Breeders' Cup '07 lid that Steve got me earlier in the day, and I don't remember too much after that. In my next swing of consciousness, I woke up on a deflated air bed back at Byk's.

The canadians, including Patricia, who is ****ing AWESOME, dipped this morning, so now it's just me and Lori at the crib, and I'm eyeing the third of a fifth of Cap'n sitting next to the microwave.

On another note, I'd like everyone in attendance to rise and applaud obnoxiously for the 2007 class of three-year-olds. Damn near every way we turn, we hear about how today's thoroughbred band is a slow, fragile, shallow lot, and if that's an accurate portrait, then we should be thanking our lucky stars for the three-year-old crop we've been blessed with this year. Unless Lawyer Ron keeps blowing 197 BSF's all year long, it's pretty much a lock that a sophomore will win the BC Classic, and what's scintilating is that it could be any of about five or six horses, one of them being a filly. Tiago has the potential to be a superstar down the road, the West Virginia Derby was strong and competitive, Nobiz Like Shobiz, a very good colt and a Grade I winner, had to try the turf yesterday to get away from the dirt monsters he's been facing, and he won impressively. Hard Spun, the RUNNER-UP IN THE KENTUCKY DERBY, is being retracted to one turn, partly because of distance issues and partly because he's a cut below the top two-turn sophs. And he's no lock to dominate around one turn, with giants like Black Seventeen and Teuflesberg waiting to test his chin.

It's freaking delightful. The only shame is that we won't get to see most of these guys past this fall, but hey, when the top of the older male division has the quality and attractiveness of a daytime stripper, take what you can get.

Just picked up tomorrow's form, and staring at a day off, so I'll run down the card a little later.

Good read bro. Keep da good sh*t coming. Tossed one back the other night and thought of you....so I had a second shot.
Old 08-07-2007, 08:52 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Lori hearts the waitress at Peabody's. I seen and heard it
Old 08-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
Lori hearts the waitress at Peabody's. I seen and heard it
Who didn't?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:25 PM
Newmarket

Great stories.....keep them comin'!

http://www.hickoryhillhoff.blogspot.com/
Old 08-07-2007, 09:30 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Who didn't?
Old 08-07-2007, 09:41 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hickory Hill Hoff
Great stories.....keep them comin'!
You gotta stick around and hang out later one of these nights.
Old 08-07-2007, 09:51 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski
I think she won us all over with the "we don't do bowls of soup anymore, you know what, fuc|< it, you're getting a bowl"
Old 08-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
I think she won us all over with the "we don't do bowls of soup anymore, you know what, fuc|< it, you're getting a bowl"
I was won over by her,

eh,

well...

nevermind.

Old 08-07-2007, 09:58 PM
Flemington

Joey, it looks like there is no Lady of Venice to see at Saratoga:

Lady of Venice (FR) Mile Keeneland 5 furlongs 1.00:00