Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Breeders' Cup Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-02-2007, 09:21 PM
Cahokia Downs

They better make sure the camera angles/levels are different than the normal cameras at SA. Losing the field behind the giant infield video board is ridiculous.

If there is a sprint turf, down the hill, I would like to see Jerry Bailey ride a horse down the hill for a real close up perspective of what the jocks see coming down the hill, a right bend and then the cushion track crossover. Perhaps a helmet cam. Bailey and I think Dettori did something similar in Dubai a few years back and it gave a different perspective than what any fan could imagine. He obviously could tape it a day or two before the BC races.
Old 12-03-2007, 05:43 AM
Oaklawn

I would like to see the "on track" satellite feed show all payouts and will pays like they normally do before each race on regular days. It seems like they forget to do this sometimes on BC day. Each of the last few years, tracks neglect to show Pick 3 and Pick 4 will pays (predominately happening before the last few races--especially just before the BCC) Not really a big deal, just a thought.

On the saddle cloth 'issue' I'd like to see the regular ones used as well.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:57 AM
Belmont Park

Make the BC fan appreciation day. Reduce the takeout by 25% on all wagering for all BC races.

Free DRF racing forms for all those in attendance

They should give out free analysis of all the races in depth from DRF National handicapper Mike Watchmaker. Arguably the most talented mind in the industry!

Make the place look amazing free purple BC tees for the whole crowd. 80,000 people on TV dressed in regal BC purple.

Finally, come up with a BC signature cocktail you know like that Julep on Derby day. How about Saphire with a very light splash of tonic and a piece of lime in a past champions glass?
Old 12-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Randwyck

bring back durkin.......even as a trevor homer i admit that tom blows him out for cups.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:26 PM
The Curragh

I think there should be free admission for college aged women. As a younger male player, I find going to the track can be depressing sometimes. There are too many old men at the track with their big cigars shortening my lifespan. Let's lighten the place up by introducing younger women!
Old 12-04-2007, 06:14 AM
Golden Gate

Default Keeneland is your track.......

those UK coeds can't be beat.......lol

I/L

Homer Simpson
Old 12-04-2007, 10:13 AM
Ellis Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis
I'll add to the email and I'm not sure if it's budgetarily or logistically feasable, but I love the camera that's mounted to a vehicle and tracks the trip along from the inside circumference of the infield....Dubai does an amazing job of this - you can feel the hoofbeats and hear them practically breathing, plus it a great close up angle of the trip
They could do this pretty easily at Santa Anita. The training track is situated in-between the main track and the turf course. They've got over 10 months to figure it out.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:44 PM
"The Kentucky Killing Machine"

huge fields, all stakes, 4 down the hill events over 2 days .. and priority seating for dt members!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 03:30 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept
Pleased to offer everyone here the opportunity to directly contribute to changes to the 2008 Breeders' Cup. 'At the Races' regular Rick Hammerle (Director of Racing at San Anita/Del Mar) has created sabreederscup@yahoo.com as an address where you can communicate directly:
  • What you think the Cup is lacking..
DIRT
  • What you want to see as part of the TV coverage..
More talk about gambling, less pretty horsey stories
NO BC ONE COLOR SADDLECLOTHES
I can't really comment on the last two, but I may actually attend in 08.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:23 PM
Oaklawn

Now this is a good thread.
Old 12-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Morris Park

Default BC Coverage

Love the idea of using more state of the art camera angles, I too especially love when we get to see the horses from the ground angle.

I think the manner in which the Melbourne Cup is covered by Aussie TV was great. A few examples off the top of my head are the in depth pre and post race interviews of jockeys, trainers, and owners; I also loved the way they lined up and introduced the jockeys prior to the post parade and believe it is a fantastic element that can be added to the BC races. These are just a couple simple things that may help to build interest in the game as these players do not change as frequently as the equine athletes.

A final note, please continue to include the P3, P4 & P6 payouts after each race. These are typically not included by networks covering our big race days and I was pleased to see ESPN include them this year and hope they do so again next year.

Thanks for the opportunity to offer input.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:03 AM
Del Mar

Well I guess will see how much they listened.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:51 PM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSpyder
Well I guess will see how much they listened.
You're going to get the same thing you got last year without the rain and 87% dirt.

The same old Trevor Denmen letting you know who "just jumped in at the 1/8 pole" and who "has too much class" as they are "moving like a winner".