Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > The Paddock
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-31-2009, 09:30 PM
Hollywood Park

Default The worst take down in history?

DelMar Race 9...

Yes I am biased, as the 2 gave me a decent Pick 4 score. But seriously, i cannot believe they took this horse down. Those are your buddies Vic, and I have no idea how they could explain that one. Did he come in? Yes. But that happens 6 out of 9 races a day.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:33 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

These are the same scumbags that let C Sutherland HERD at ****in' will.

This was just flat out THEFT.

A jock claim, no less.
Anywhere else, and this is looked at for a few seconds and tossed.

This is worse than when I got taken down last year with Seaspeak. This is like a ****in' joke in this game.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:37 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoLuvForPletch
DelMar Race 9...

Yes I am biased, as the 2 gave me a decent Pick 4 score. But seriously, i cannot believe they took this horse down. Those are your buddies Vic, and I have no idea how they could explain that one. Did he come in? Yes. But that happens 6 out of 9 races a day.
"Those are your buddies Vic"

What does Vic have to do with a DQ ? Who cares who he is/is not friends with ? No reasson at all to mention him in your post.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:45 PM
Oaklawn

I think you got jobbed, but I dont count. Breath deep and let it goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Old 07-31-2009, 09:47 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985
"Those are your buddies Vic"

What does Vic have to do with a DQ ? Who cares who he is/is not friends with ? No reasson at all to mention him in your post.
A while back (a little over a year ago) Vic posed a question to us:

"Hey kids. I was sitting chatting with the stewards today. The subject of the stewards announcing and explaining thier own decisions again came up. Not long after Chairman Shapiro stopped by and joined the conversation. I'm not gonna tell you our opinions on the matter. I want yours.

I know there was a thread on this on another site a few weeks back but it did get much play. I really want to hear from you the fans. Believe me your voice on this one will be considered.

Please this one time don't use this thread to bash the CHRB or say the stewards suck. On this one let's try and stick to the initial subject matter.

Thanks in advance for all your responses.

Looking forward to hearing what you think.

Cheers

Goofy"

That's what I meant when I said "I have no idea how they could explain this".
Old 07-31-2009, 09:59 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Hot4TV
I think you got jobbed, but I dont count. Breath deep and let it goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.
Very difficult to do...The stewards stole $900 bucks from me...
Old 07-31-2009, 10:48 PM
Churchill Downs

After watching the replay, I had to look at the chart to see what the trouble was all about. Maybe the head on shot shows differently, but I don't think the second place horse was impeded one bit.

As another poster wrote, let it go. Certainly don't bet tomorrow, or you will likely make bets you otherwise wouldn't make to get your money back.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:13 PM
The Curragh

I will admit, I benefited from this and there was some minor drifting in twice in the stretch. However I could not believe for one second they would take the 2 down. They have let way worse go without changing the order.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:15 PM
Flemington

If allowed to run in a straight path, the 9 would have won. I have no clue why you think another horse should be allowed to make that 9 have to keep moving in to avoid your horse. The 2 is not clear. This is not allowed. It's grounds for a d.q. This is not a hard call. Why should the connections of the 9 have to put up with that? Don't you see the bump that pushed him sideways? It's not only herding, but contact as well. You can not go as fast when running sideways as when running straight. Why should he be forced to stop running straight?(straight is the more effective way to cover ground.) Your only argument against a d.q. would be what caused your horse to be so wide (in the first place.) A third horse was coming out pretty badly, and Quinonez came out to avoid him(more than M. BAZE wanted to allow him to do.) I only watched the race because you were writing about it. I don't care one way or the other, but that's a foul. I don't know why people would think that's not a foul. It's too bad he fouled. It's one of many ways to lose. Baze will turn right around, and just try to get another horse to win. You, on the other hand, lose money. This is why the bettors are almost always more upset to lose than the jock. The jock has many more opportunities to try again. JOCKS can play again for free. You must pay to play again.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:21 PM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
If allowed to run in a straight path, the 9 would have won. I have no clue why you think another horse should be allowed to make that 9 have to keep moving in to avoid your horse. The 2 is not clear. This is not allowed. It's grounds for a d.q. This is not a hard call. Why should the connections of the 9 have to put up with that? Don't you see the bump that pushed him sideways? It's not only herding, but contact as well. You can not go as fast when running sideways as when running straight. Why should he be forced to stop running straight?(straight is the more effective way to cover ground.) Your only argument against a d.q. would be what caused your horse to be so wide (in the first place.) A third horse was coming out pretty badly, and Quinonez came out to avoid him(more than M. BAZE wanted to allow him to do.) I only watched the race because you were writing about it. I don't care one way or the other, but that's a foul. I don't know why people would think that's not a foul. It's too bad he fouled.
Becuase if they ruled what happened between the 9 and the 2 a foul there could be a dq in every race. The 2 was initially forced wide. May have slightly bumped with the 9 at the top of the stretch, but the 9 came in toward the rail much of the way through the stretch on his own.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Becuase if they ruled what happened between the 9 and the 2 a foul there could be a dq in every race. The 2 was initially forced wide. May have slightly bumped with the 9 at the top of the stretch, but the 9 came in toward the rail much of the way through the stretch on his own.
At that point the 2 had the jump on the 9; the 2 was AHEAD of the 9. If he came in slightly, he was still ahead and thus had position. In other words, the 9 never was clear and was not entitled to be allowed to BUST through. It's like you forcing your way through with your car when someone ahead of you had changed lanes and beaten you to the path: can't happen, as he's AHEAD of you and he has the right of way. The 2 immediately straightened out then the 9 had the length of the stretch to go past him and DIDN'T.

The fact that the jock claimed tells it all. This is an AUTO toss anywhere else.
When they kept looking at it, I just knew they were going to take him down. Just another case of doing the right thing and getting ****ed.
Old 07-31-2009, 11:58 PM
Flemington

Quote:
He came towards the rail, because your horse is forcing him to do so. No, they don't allow this in every race. No, he is not clear of the 9 when he keeps coming in. They don't want to take horses down(out here, it pretty much takes a case where they think the horse would of won if he wasn't fouled.) Fatboy thinks he was clear, but he was not. He was ahead of him, but he wasn't ahead of him enough to come in like that. See how the margin is diminishing late ? That's huge with these people. If you're fouled, you best be making up ground late, or they won't care if you're fouled. Quinonez did a good job of doing that.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:17 AM
v j stauffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCUDSBROTHER
If allowed to run in a straight path, the 9 would have won. I have no clue why you think another horse should be allowed to make that 9 have to keep moving in to avoid your horse. The 2 is not clear. This is not allowed. It's grounds for a d.q. This is not a hard call. Why should the connections of the 9 have to put up with that? Don't you see the bump that pushed him sideways? It's not only herding, but contact as well. You can not go as fast when running sideways as when running straight. Why should he be forced to stop running straight?(straight is the more effective way to cover ground.) Your only argument against a d.q. would be what caused your horse to be so wide (in the first place.) A third horse was coming out pretty badly, and Quinonez came out to avoid him(more than M. BAZE wanted to allow him to do.) I only watched the race because you were writing about it. I don't care one way or the other, but that's a foul. I don't know why people would think that's not a foul. It's too bad he fouled. It's one of many ways to lose. Baze will turn right around, and just try to get another horse to win. You, on the other hand, lose money. This is why the bettors are almost always more upset to lose than the jock. The jock has many more opportunities to try again. JOCKS can play again for free. You must pay to play again.
I agree with this post. All horses are entitled to a clear and unobstructed path.

The # 2 started in the 9 path and ended up in the 3 path. He won the race by a nose.

This DOES NOT happen in every race every day. In fact it's quite rare.

Had the #2 maintained a straight path none of this discussion would matter.

IMO the stewards made a tough but correct call.

Last edited by v j stauffer : 08-01-2009 at 12:45 AM.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:57 AM
The Curragh

Apparently the steward did not check my XBet wagers to see that I had 10WP on the 9....if they would have, they certainly wouldnt have made that call.
Old 08-01-2009, 01:22 AM
Flemington

Colonel Moldes(and or NAK) forced these two horses out badly. It's much easier to see on the head-on views of the turn. That's(more than anything else) why ya didn't get paid. Up to that point, you had more horse than the 9. After that (it hurt your horse a bit more than the 9,) Baze knew he might have lost his advantage (in run.) Had to be frustrating, and so he starts tapping right handed (to hold his advantage by herding and intimidation.) Gomez would of gotten away with this, but he'd also have done it smoother(and without the mid-stretch bump.)
Old 08-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Gulfstream Park

Watch Fandicapping on TVG tonight. Ken Rudolph is going to have a steward involved with this decision on his show.

I'm sure it will be a straightforward, hard core Q&A session......
Old 08-01-2009, 10:03 AM
Fairgrounds

Don't play SoCal tracks,end of story.This happens all the time out there.Another horse even LOOKS at another horse and he is taken down.New York would not have even looked at that.Ingrid Fermin and friends at work.Play a different track.
Old 08-01-2009, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by v j stauffer
I agree with this post. All horses are entitled to a clear and unobstructed path.

The # 2 started in the 9 path and ended up in the 3 path. He won the race by a nose.

This DOES NOT happen in every race every day. In fact it's quite rare.

Had the #2 maintained a straight path none of this discussion would matter.

IMO the stewards made a tough but correct call.
You might want to take a look at the following Vic:

http://derbytrail.com/forums/showthr...hlight=chantal

and then come back with some similar BS to explain why THAT horse stayed up and the one yesterday came down. Convince me that yesterday's was much more serious, Vic.

You must not watch many headons, huh?

Oh, I'm sure I can come up with many more like that one (this just happened to be one I'd commented on).
Old 08-01-2009, 11:44 AM
Hollywood Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Left Bank
Don't play SoCal tracks,end of story.This happens all the time out there.Another horse even LOOKS at another horse and he is taken down.New York would not have even looked at that.Ingrid Fermin and friends at work.Play a different track.
Everything is out for me except the BC...i agree
Old 08-01-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Everything is out for me except the BC...i agree
Why take that attitude? Are 15:1 shots so rare to come by? If it's not evident by my posts, I bet this horse as well. Would've collected on the double and win. But I won big elsewhere yesterday, so I just take it as yet another way to be right and still lose.

I'll be damned if I give up DMR (or any of the CALI) tracks because of a single screwup by the stewards. This is like a homerun being erroneously determined to be foul by the umps. Someone who hits 5 a year doesn't get over it; someone hitting 50 a year shrugs it off. Same **** with all the PAST POSTING.

Keep swinging for the fences.