Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > The Steve Dellinger Discourse Den
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-24-2014, 02:08 PM
Hialeah Park

Default Bill Cosby

wtf?? Is he really that messed up?
Old 11-24-2014, 02:14 PM
Arlington Park

Probably. Especially if you believe the story of the Hollywood elite raping teenaged boys. That was released not too long ago.

But, of course, no highly noticeable people were included amongst the boy rapists.

So the spoonfed propaganda isn't as tasty as say...pudding pop shill raping aspiring actresses who apparently were all dumb enough to not immediately go to the police and get checked for rape.
Old 11-24-2014, 03:04 PM
Del Mar

What's the latest count, 17..and why wait so long...guess some are legit...Never missed an episode of The Bill Cosby Show
Bud sent me a note today.
"Robin on the Howard Stern show was pissed because she was in the elevator with Bill and he did not try to do anything to her. She felt very rejected."

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 11-24-2014, 03:21 PM
Del Mar

Found this today..

When you are right, no one remembers;when you are wrong, no one forgets.

Thought for today.."No persons are more frequently wrong, than those who will not admit
they are wrong" - Francois, Duc de la Rochefoucauld, French moralist (1613-1680)
Old 11-24-2014, 06:17 PM
Jerome Park

I think it's all B.S.. Anyone waiting 30+ years to accuse someone of rape needs to have their head examined.

I still love Bill
Old 11-24-2014, 08:29 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

I think it's a reflection of Cosby's declining power in the industry (he is almost 80, after all) and a change in how society views sexual assault.

One of the accusers, on waiting 30 years to be believed:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/postev...ieve-my-story/

I do remember the stories that came out ten years ago (give or take) but that they didn't go anywhere.

It is interesting that there aren't a lot of people who have worked with him stepping forward to defend him. There's an anecdote in this link about the time he sucker-punched Tommy Smothers:

http://www.pajiba.com/think_pieces/a...l-behavior.php
Old 11-24-2014, 10:00 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arletta View Post
I think it's all B.S.. Anyone waiting 30+ years to accuse someone of rape needs to have their head examined.

I still love Bill
I hope you are joking. There have been around 20 women who are all telling similar stories. There is not one chance in a million that all these women are lying. They have nothing to gain. They're not going to get any money. The statue of limitations is over.

When you hear just one person making a crazy claim about someone, you have to wonder whether it is true. But when you have this many people coming forward, I think that takes away any doubt.

I've always liked Bill Cosby but my opinion of him has obviously changed as a result of these revelations.
Old 11-25-2014, 06:05 AM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
I hope you are joking. There have been around 20 women who are all telling similar stories. There is not one chance in a million that all these women are lying. They have nothing to gain. They're not going to get any money. The statue of limitations is over.

When you hear just one person making a crazy claim about someone, you have to wonder whether it is true. But when you have this many people coming forward, I think that takes away any doubt.

I've always liked Bill Cosby but my opinion of him has obviously changed as a result of these revelations.
I wasn't.

IMO, they shouldn't have waited 30 years to come forward. Period. If I was raped by someone, no amount of money is going to keep me from going to the police.. Period. Pretty sad that the all mighty American dollar can shut them up. So let me guess, the money stops coming in and then they start talking? Please ....

They should have said something a loooong time ago...
Old 11-25-2014, 06:33 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
I wasn't.

IMO, they shouldn't have waited 30 years to come forward. Period. If I was raped by someone, no amount of money is going to keep me from going to the police.. Period. Pretty sad that the all mighty American dollar can shut them up. So let me guess, the money stops coming in and then they start talking? Please ....

As I'm sure you know, an extremely high number of these date rape cases go unreported for a number of reasons. The victims often times feel that they are partly to blame. These cases are obviously different from a stranger grabbing a woman on a street and raping them. I think those cases are usually reported a much higher percentage of the time.

Anyway, I don't know what the answer is. Many women in these cases would just rather pretend that the incident never happened and forget about it. That is their choice. But I think it is also their choice if they decide they want to talk about it, even if it isn't until many years later. I agree with you that if they want to press charges then they better report it immediately. The law agrees also. That is why we have statute of limitations. But in terms of a person simply telling their story, they can do that whenever they feel like it. If you want to judge these women for waiting or if you want to accuse them of lying, that is your prerogative.
Old 11-25-2014, 07:54 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
I wasn't.

'they' didn't wait 30 years. several of the victims went to the police. then there are the many lined up to testify in the civil suit that cosby settled years ago to try to get all this to go away.
you can't force the prosecuting attorney to file charges. at least one has come forward to say he thought cosby had done something, but that there wasn't enough evidence to take him to trial. they won't try for a conviction unless they're pretty sure they'll get one, else what's the point?
many rapes and sexual assaults go unreported-and then there are the many reported that go no further. victims quite often decide to do nothing, as they don't want all that comes along with accusing someone of rape. they are not believed, called liars, called golddiggers out for money, called loose women who were asking for it, etc.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:20 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupert Pupkin View Post
As I'm sure you know, an extremely high number of these date rape cases go unreported for a number of reasons. The victims often times feel that they are partly to blame. These cases are obviously different from a stranger grabbing a woman on a street and raping them. I think those cases are usually reported a much higher percentage of the time.

Anyway, I don't know what the answer is. Many women in these cases would just rather pretend that the incident never happened and forget about it. That is their choice. But I think it is also their choice if they decide they want to talk about it, even if it isn't until many years later. I agree with you that if they want to press charges then they better report it immediately. The law agrees also. That is why we have statute of limitations. But in terms of a person simply telling their story, they can do that whenever they feel like it. If you want to judge these women for waiting or if you want to accuse them of lying, that is your prerogative.
I heart you for this comment. A high school friend of mine was raped (this was way back in the late 1980s)- she was passed out asleep at a friend's house after drinking too much and a friend (or so we thought) assaulted her (she was also a virgin; she woke up from the pain of the assault). When she told our circle of friends, and the girls got upset, our male friends patiently mansplained to all of us that it wasn't really rape because, let's face it, she acted really slutty when she was drunk, so what did you expect? And so, she never reported it, and tried to pretend it didn't happen and he went on to get married and now has a daughter, I hear (I wonder if he hopes she'll date a guy just like her dear old dad), and my friend was really, really, affected by this; it's screwed up her life for many years now.

And this was just some loser ******* who hung out with us. Had it been someone who could make or break her career, too? Yeesh.

Look at how horrifically all these colleges and universities have handled sexual assault accusations. Women don't talk about sexual assault because they fear that inevitably, they get blamed for it. And they often do.

As you say, these women have NOTHING to gain by coming forward now. I guess maybe they're just not afraid anymore. For that matter, look at the security guy (story in the NY Daily News this weekend) who says he was the one in charge of paying off the women Cosby was involved with. He knew this was going on, too, and never said anything:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2020464

And this doesn't take away from Cosby's immense talent, or his groundbreaking place in television history. I have fond memories of my elementary school teacher bringing in LPs of his comedy routines and playing them for the class and us just losing our marbles because we were laughing so hard. But really talented people are not necessarily nice people, too, and too much time spent being rich and powerful can make a person forget how to be human. Because the rules don't apply to you anymore, and for decades, they didn't apply to Cosby. But now he's less powerful and so the rules are starting to come back to bite him. Bryan Singer was in the spotlight a while ago for allegedly doing the same thing (minus the drugging, I think) to young male actors; once he's not churning out blockbusters anymore, those stories will probably come back again. But right now he's too powerful.
Old 11-25-2014, 08:34 AM
Arlington Park

I find it hard to believe if rape is so horrible that these women would accept monthly payments from their rapist.

I'm not a know-it-all on your level but common sense tells me this isn't as much of a series of rapes than it is the women accepting the treatment for the promise of stardom.

Assuming that...it all comes down to personal responsibility. They made a choice. A dumb one. That they now regret cause most of them didn't become famous.

And...no...Janice Dickinson is not a credible celebrity. It's well known that she had sex with many men in Hollywood and did drugs on the daily.

Personal responsibility is lost in this faux age of feminism. Only used when it's convenient for the Social Justice Warriors and their ilk.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:04 AM
Santa Anita

As long as old charges are coming back up, let's see the media revisit Kathleen Willey and Juanita Broaddrick.
Old 11-25-2014, 09:38 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
As long as old charges are coming back up, let's see the media revisit Kathleen Willey and Juanita Broaddrick.
i'm sorry, what do those have to do with this?
Old 11-25-2014, 09:41 AM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenuineRisk View Post
I heart you for this comment. A high school friend of mine was raped (this was way back in the late 1980s)- she was passed out asleep at a friend's house after drinking too much and a friend (or so we thought) assaulted her (she was also a virgin; she woke up from the pain of the assault). When she told our circle of friends, and the girls got upset, our male friends patiently mansplained to all of us that it wasn't really rape because, let's face it, she acted really slutty when she was drunk, so what did you expect? And so, she never reported it, and tried to pretend it didn't happen and he went on to get married and now has a daughter, I hear (I wonder if he hopes she'll date a guy just like her dear old dad), and my friend was really, really, affected by this; it's screwed up her life for many years now.

And this was just some loser ******* who hung out with us. Had it been someone who could make or break her career, too? Yeesh.

Look at how horrifically all these colleges and universities have handled sexual assault accusations. Women don't talk about sexual assault because they fear that inevitably, they get blamed for it. And they often do.

As you say, these women have NOTHING to gain by coming forward now. I guess maybe they're just not afraid anymore. For that matter, look at the security guy (story in the NY Daily News this weekend) who says he was the one in charge of paying off the women Cosby was involved with. He knew this was going on, too, and never said anything:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.2020464

And this doesn't take away from Cosby's immense talent, or his groundbreaking place in television history. I have fond memories of my elementary school teacher bringing in LPs of his comedy routines and playing them for the class and us just losing our marbles because we were laughing so hard. But really talented people are not necessarily nice people, too, and too much time spent being rich and powerful can make a person forget how to be human. Because the rules don't apply to you anymore, and for decades, they didn't apply to Cosby. But now he's less powerful and so the rules are starting to come back to bite him. Bryan Singer was in the spotlight a while ago for allegedly doing the same thing (minus the drugging, I think) to young male actors; once he's not churning out blockbusters anymore, those stories will probably come back again. But right now he's too powerful.
we all know that there are several sets of rules in this country, depending on how rich/famous/talented you are.
rich kid kills several, doesn't get jail because he has 'affluenza'.
dupont heir rapes his own 3 yo daughter, no jail time.
then i get to hear on espn how players don't think adrian petersons punishment is 'fair', and then in the next breath chris carter et al are saying those with more talent get a longer leash...a guy killed his buddy in a dui wreck, sat out a year. peterson gets the same year?
roman polanski gets to avoid sentencing because he's roman, bill cosby gets to make all this go away because he's famous, talented and rich...par for the course in hollywood.
Old 11-25-2014, 10:37 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
i'm sorry, what do those have to do with this?
Asked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
we all know that there are several sets of rules in this country, depending on how rich/famous/talented you are.
rich kid kills several, doesn't get jail because he has 'affluenza'.
dupont heir rapes his own 3 yo daughter, no jail time.
then i get to hear on espn how players don't think adrian petersons punishment is 'fair', and then in the next breath chris carter et al are saying those with more talent get a longer leash...a guy killed his buddy in a dui wreck, sat out a year. peterson gets the same year?
roman polanski gets to avoid sentencing because he's roman, bill cosby gets to make all this go away because he's famous, talented and rich...par for the course in hollywood.
and answered
Old 11-25-2014, 10:40 AM
Santa Anita

BREAKING: Dreamworks greenlights Bill Cosby rape scandal movie; director short lists includes Roman Polanski, Woody Allen, Bryan Singer and Victor Salva.
Old 11-25-2014, 05:00 PM
Dee Tee Stables

http://www.rollingstone.com/culture/...ampus-20141119