Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Stakes Archive
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-26-2010, 09:51 PM
Longchamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
What a giant effort out of Twirling Candy. Im not sure Sidney and Twirling wont stretch out either. Its different going 9f or 10f on dirt then it was on the old ****. Those 2 are STRONG.
Gotta love Twirling. Can't believe $9 to win, plus $25 on the exacta. Never thought I would get that. Nice way to get back damn xmas money. Hope the horse keeps pushing forward 2011.
Old 12-26-2010, 09:55 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK View Post
*popcorn eating emoticon*
Old 12-26-2010, 10:09 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
If you actually have a defendable position there is no reason to resort to the passive aggressive " poor me " position that is so prevelent on the internet when people get backed into a corner after trying to establish what is ultimately an indefensible opinion.

Or, how about " maybe I was wrong. "
LOL. Let's see. I took back the use of "concrete highway" as indeed being an unfair characterization. But no, I don't feel my assessment is wrong at all. Not everything about horse racing is precisely quantifiable.

We'll see what others opinions are when track variables and figures come out, and these horses run back in the future.

Sorry for you and the other self-characterized more knowledgeable here, but no, I don't feel I have to "defend" my opinion any more than I already have discussed it. It's called opinion for a reason. You don't like my opinion, or think it's wrong, or silly, good for you! That's what makes parimutual racing.

Neither do I think it is passive-aggressive or "poor me" to name other people's behaviour for precisely what it is. I suppose you evaluate others through your own behaviour patterns, though.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 12-26-2010, 10:16 PM
Jerome Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot View Post
LOL. Let's see. I took back the use of "concrete highway" as indeed being an unfair characterization. But no, I don't feel my assessment is wrong at all. Not everything about horse racing is precisely quantifiable.

We'll see what others opinions are when track variables and figures come out, and these horses run back in the future.

Sorry for you and the other self-characterized more knowledgeable here, but no, I don't feel I have to "defend" my opinion any more than I already have discussed it. It's called opinion for a reason. You don't like my opinion, or think it's wrong, or silly, good for you! That's what makes parimutual racing.

Neither do I think it is passive-aggressive or "poor me" to name other people's behaviour for precisely what it is. I suppose you evaluate others through your own behaviour patterns, though.
Actually, the only one in this conversation that is " self-characterized " as, really, anything, is you.

You would be able to defend your opinion if it actually was defendable. It isn't in this case. But, hey, you can always resort to ridiculous characterizations in that case.
Old 12-26-2010, 10:18 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackthroatedwind View Post
Actually, the only one in this conversation that is " self-characterized " as, really, anything, is you.

You would be able to defend your opinion if it actually was defendable. It isn't in this case. But, hey, you can always resort to ridiculous characterizations in that case.
You're certainly entitled to your opinion.

Too bad you don't extend the same courtesy back to me.
"Have the clean racing people run any ads explaining that giving a horse a Starbucks and a chocolate poppyseed muffin for breakfast would likely result in a ten year suspension for the trainer?" - Dr. Andrew Roberts
Old 12-26-2010, 11:28 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Nice call for a change..Stick to needles
Whatever Freddy. You laughed at me too when I said Twirling Candy would tank in the Goodwood and would appear in the Malibu next time out.

For the record, he probably would have won the lowly Sir Beaufort as well if Sadler swapped those two colts.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
Rollo has left the building.....Again..what a buffoon
Not sure where this is coming from. Is it because I said elsewhere that John Sadler is primarily a trainer of sprinters?

You did notice the distances of today's races, right?

Apology accepted.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:31 PM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Whatever Freddy. You laughed at me too when I said Twirling Candy would tank in the Goodwood and would appear in the Malibu next time out.

For the record, he probably would have won the lowly Sir Beaufort as well if Sadler swapped those two colts.

I think the trip,ride and jockey did him in in the Goodwood.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:35 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
I think the trip,ride and jockey did him in in the Goodwood.
Elaborate please. I don't really remember the race.

He settled fine early as you expected cutting back. Not sure he'll settle as well in a route, particularly in a typical CA graded stakes with a short field.

We'll see what he can do around two turns again in the San Fernando, Strub, and Big Cap (he should start in at least one of those).
Old 12-27-2010, 05:54 AM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolloTomasi View Post
Not sure where this is coming from. Is it because I said elsewhere that John Sadler is primarily a trainer of sprinters?

You did notice the distances of today's races, right?

Apology accepted.
Will you stop already..You should know by now not to take me serious
Old 12-27-2010, 02:34 PM
Fairgrounds

No times posted in today's 1st.
Old 12-27-2010, 09:50 PM
Keeneland

New dirt track plays fast and safe on opening day
By Steve Andersen
www.drf.com

ARCADIA, Calif. – A day after two longstanding track records were broken on the debut of a newly installed sand-and-clay racetrack at Santa Anita, the horses who set the records emerged without mishap, and horsemen and track executives said they were pleased with the way the track performed.

While many trainers had expected the track to be quick, considering workout times from recent weeks, Sunday’s times on the opening day of the spring-summer meeting were surprisingly fast.

Trainer John Sadler, who was the star of the day with three stakes wins, including Grade 1 wins with Switch and Twirling Candy, said his horses were fine.

“The main thing is horses are pulling up well,” he said.

http://www.drf.com/news/new-dirt-tra...fe-opening-day

Last edited by NTamm1215 : 12-27-2010 at 09:59 PM. Reason: Whole Article Re-printed
Old 12-27-2010, 09:53 PM
Jerome Park

Reprinting articles in the above manner is a violation of copyright laws....which has been mentioned here about eight million times by Byk.
Old 12-28-2010, 12:34 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus View Post
Opening day provided quite the frontispiece, as predicted on the home page.
Thanks so much... You're too kind. I'm here all week!
Old 12-28-2010, 04:04 PM
Keeneland

Quote:
Last edited by NTamm1215 : Yesterday at 10:59 PM. Reason: Whole Article Re-printed
Thank you, NTamm!
Old 12-28-2010, 05:29 PM
Oaklawn

The problem with SA going back to dirt is my go-to excuse for not picking winners is gone.