Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-15-2010, 04:14 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cannon Shell View Post
I think the obvious thing that people are missing in regards to Sanchez is that the Jets offensive line has played poorly of late which certainly plays a big factor in how he plays. In the 4th quarter of the last game Miami was blitzing and creating pressure on almost every play.
I have said it once and I will say it again-this team is very average blocking pass. They are top couple in the league at blocking run but that is a totally different deal and few lines do both well.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:20 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by NTamm1215 View Post
I really think that this has something to do with Sanchez's struggles. He looked very uncomfortable and cold in New England and the wind was blowing like crazy on Sunday.

I was at the Texans-Ravens game last night. Baltimore was extremely lucky to get out of there with a win and they have a lot of to do offensively if they're going to make any noise in the first round.

The Texans found yet another way to lose, they deserve points for creativity. Hopefully their next coach will help them develop a killer instinct.
Now is it more likely that he hated the cold or the wind? He didn't seem to hate the cold too much last year in the playoffs. True?

The wind may be a different story. He doesn't have the strongest arm but that has nothing to do with where he played college ball or where his mama dropped him.
Old 12-15-2010, 04:37 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by philcski View Post
Interesting theory.

Buffalo has been 0-3 with California dudes at QB so far. (R. Johnson, Losman, Edwards)

I guess that means I should revise my love affair with Luck.
I have the same concerns with luck. My cousin played with Edwards in college so I had other concerns with him. He had all the tools but hadn't played a full season since high school. His career for all intents and purposes ended in Arizona 2 years ago. I'm sure as a Bills fan you know the play. On another note I have really grown to love Fitz's toughness.
Old 12-15-2010, 07:44 AM
Havre de Grace

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Your clearly a homer and cant be reasonable.
Yes, I abandon reason all the time. The Ravens did not play well Monday night no matter how many "Joey Ice" remarks you make about them.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:07 AM
Randwyck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Maybe it has nothing to do with the weather. Maybe quarterbacks with black hair aren't equal to blonde quarterbacks.

Look at some of the great quarterbacks...

Dan Marino - Brown hair
Tom Brady - Blonde
Joe Montana - ginger blonde

SEE?

Sanchez needs to dye his hair!

Problem solved. Bring whore give head now.
....good point and you didnt even bring up elway.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:16 AM
Oriental Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockHardTen1985 View Post
Your clearly a homer and cant be reasonable.
This is post of the year material. Compaired to you NT is the paragon of reason. If you get kicked off again can you please use Benny LA Law as your new name.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:04 AM
Flemington

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalakhani View Post
Now is it more likely that he hated the cold or the wind? He didn't seem to hate the cold too much last year in the playoffs. True?

The wind may be a different story. He doesn't have the strongest arm but that has nothing to do with where he played college ball or where his mama dropped him.
He only played one playoff game in the cold last year (at home vs Cincy). The difference is that they effectively ran the ball which opened up the passing a game. He was very efficent in that game and didn't turn the ball over. I think the question becomes, if they can't establish the run can Sanchez carry this team and make the plays needed to win the game (reguardless of the weather conditions).

This past week they didn't run the ball well and struggled with 2nd & 3rd and long situations. But I really believe that Sanchez did enough for them to win that game against the Fish, just no one else made a play when they needed it.

Sunday should be a good indication on how good this team is and what kind of QB Sanchez is as of right now. This is a game that they need, let's see if he (and the rest of the team) steps their game for the challange.