Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-10-2007, 12:19 PM
Saratoga

Default The injured list

Racing post.....

Dragon Dancer suffers setback

by David Carr

DRAGON DANCER is likely to retain his status as the best maiden in training for a while yet after it emerged on Wednesday that last year's Derby runner-up has suffered a setback.

The four-year-old had been pencilled in for a comeback in the Jockey Club Stakes this month but did not take up his entry in that race and trainer Geoff Wragg said: “He is on the sidelines at the moment. He is just not quite right. I don't know if it will be a long-term problem - I'm hoping not.”

Dragon Dancer went down by just a short head to Sir Percy when a 66-1 shot for the Derby last year, having finished second in the Chester Vase on his previous start. He had been beaten in maiden company three times before that and was unable to break his duck in four subsequent outings inpattern company, although he did finish fourth in the Irish Derby and second in the Prix Eugene Adam at Maisons-Laffitte, taking his career total of prize-money to nearly £370,000.

The colt, who was bought for 200,000gns as a yearling and runs in thecolours of John Pearce, has not been seen out since a moderate sixth in the St Simon Stakes on heavy ground at Newbury last October.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:13 PM
Saratoga

From Sporting life.....

HAATEF TO MISS IRISH GUINEAS

By Ben Linfoot

Kevin Prendergast's Haatef will miss Saturday's Irish 2000 Guineas at the Curragh after suffering a setback.

The Danzig colt was well fancied for the English version after finishing fourth in the Dewhurst on only his second start, but he finished in 10th place at Newmarket over six lengths behind Cockney Rebel.

He was due to run at the Curragh on Saturday but trainer Prendergast has ruled him out of the contest.

"He won't run on Saturday," Prendergast told Sportinglife.com.

"He has had a bit of a setback and will not run for a while. It is just a blood disorder, but we have no plans yet. We need to get him right."

Haatef had been a best-priced 12/1 for Saturday's Classic.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:22 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by my miss storm cat
From Sporting life.....

HAATEF TO MISS IRISH GUINEAS

By Ben Linfoot

Kevin Prendergast's Haatef will miss Saturday's Irish 2000 Guineas at the Curragh after suffering a setback.

The Danzig colt was well fancied for the English version after finishing fourth in the Dewhurst on only his second start, but he finished in 10th place at Newmarket over six lengths behind Cockney Rebel.

He was due to run at the Curragh on Saturday but trainer Prendergast has ruled him out of the contest.

"He won't run on Saturday," Prendergast told Sportinglife.com.

"He has had a bit of a setback and will not run for a while. It is just a blood disorder, but we have no plans yet. We need to get him right."

Haatef had been a best-priced 12/1 for Saturday's Classic.
Damn, i love this horse