Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Main Forum > International Racing
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-23-2006, 04:27 AM
Lincoln Fields

Default Insanity and his adherents...

...have made Librettist a 2.4/1 favourite for this afternoon's QEII over the 2.95/1 George Washington on Betfair.

Now I have questions regarding George's temperament, but have no doubt that he is a much better racehorse than Librettist, and will now back him at that price as he represents outstanding value, especially given that the soft ground is not, necessarily, a negative. When you consider that you have George, Araafa, Proclamation and Court Masterpiece running for you 1/2.4 is a great price to be laying Librettist.
Old 09-23-2006, 06:41 AM
Santa Anita

im not convinced George is the same George we saw in the 2000 Guineas. It should be some race though. my cash is on Proclamation and may put an each way saver on Araafa!

#Grand
Old 09-23-2006, 07:31 AM
Lincoln Fields

I think value has to come into play at some point, and George's sheer ability has to be bet on at the price, although people seem to have cottoned on and he's back to 5/2 now.

I've taken some of the 9/1 about Proclamation, and will just top up to a small amount now that the price has crashed.

Agree that we'll see a completely different Araafa today and, given that, have opted to back him to place at around evens. I reckon one or 2 of the above will be too good for him at the finish though.

BTW, Timeform rated George's 2,000 Guineas win @ 129+
Proclamation's Sussex win last season was 128+

For the record Araafa's Irish 2000 win was 120 & St James' win 122, whilst Librettist has got figs of 124 and 121 for his last 2 wins respectively.