5'8".. but all man!

Default NHL Finals

I guess I have to root for the Carolina Hurricanes
Old 06-05-2006, 05:52 PM
Golden Gate

Go Canes.....
Old 06-05-2006, 07:26 PM
Monmouth Park

Carolina would be the old Hartford Whalers, and how can you root against the old Whale!!!!

Old 06-06-2006, 05:44 AM
oracle80

Default Boston Red Sox fall back behind Yanks

Kev,
Your pitchers resemble folks I have seen on telethons.
That was batting practice that your guys threw last night!!! I watched the game with a friend who was up from NYC, and it was pretty funny to see the Yanks clobber em as badly as they did.
Love to beat you guys at least 3 games to 1. Remember Kevin, tonight the FIRST PLACE YANKEES will again host the SECOND PLACE RED SOX!!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:48 AM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Kev,
Your pitchers resemble folks I have seen on telethons.
That was batting practice that your guys threw last night!!! I watched the game with a friend who was up from NYC, and it was pretty funny to see the Yanks clobber em as badly as they did.
Love to beat you guys at least 3 games to 1. Remember Kevin, tonight the FIRST PLACE YANKEES will again host the SECOND PLACE RED SOX!!

No ****....I coulda hit 3 jacks against that pitching last night, and I haven't played since Little League.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:54 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by GPK
No ****....I coulda hit 3 jacks against that pitching last night, and I haven't played since Little League.

That was a pretty funny game.
Old 06-06-2006, 07:21 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Too bad Boston trade Bronson Arroyo, he had 4 rbi's on Sunday and is pitching great for the Reds....
Old 06-06-2006, 08:16 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointg5
Too bad Boston trade Bronson Arroyo, he had 4 rbi's on Sunday and is pitching great for the Reds....
Yankees have made their share of screwups lately as well. Not resigning Leiber before last year made me sick. Trading Contreras as well for that awful pitcher they got in return. Yanks need one thing and one thing only, they need a solid middle reliever/setup guy. The problem is neither the Sox nor Yanks have a whole lot to trade to anyone to get one without weakening the lineups they have.
If I was Torre, I'd take one of the struggling starters, sit him down, ask him to please assume the role of middle reliever.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:10 AM
Sheepshead Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by oracle80
Yankees have made their share of screwups lately as well. Not resigning Leiber before last year made me sick. Trading Contreras as well for that awful pitcher they got in return. Yanks need one thing and one thing only, they need a solid middle reliever/setup guy. The problem is neither the Sox nor Yanks have a whole lot to trade to anyone to get one without weakening the lineups they have.
If I was Torre, I'd take one of the struggling starters, sit him down, ask him to please assume the role of middle reliever.
The rumor has started that Griffey might be sent to the Yankees, they said it would be a good fit, because the Reds would get rid of his salary and the Yankees would not have to give anyone up.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:13 AM
oracle80

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pointg5
The rumor has started that Griffey might be sent to the Yankees, they said it would be a good fit, because the Reds would get rid of his salary and the Yankees would not have to give anyone up.

I highly doubt it. The Yanks have but one need, and thats pitching. They don't need anymore hitting. I mean who the hell scores 13 runs like they did, and thats with arguably their best hitters on the shelf(Matsui and Sheffield). Quiet frankly adding anymore hitting would just be overkill. They need middle relief and a setup guy. farnsworth and proctor are pathetic, I have no idea what they are doing in the major leagues.
Old 06-06-2006, 11:15 AM
oracle80

Point,
There is nothing worse than one of these guys like Farnsworth who throws hard, but straight and has no junk. Hitters just sit there and know that the fastball is coming, and since he has no movement on it, its easy to time. You won't get major league hitters out on straight fastballs, no matter how hard you throw.
Old 06-08-2006, 07:24 AM
Randwyck

Adding anymore would be overkill. With their nearly 3 billion dollar payroll(okay i exaggerate) Half the team is overkill.