Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Dee Tee Stables
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-08-2013, 02:12 PM
Steve Byk

Default Ausable Chasm retired; Bred to Macho Uno

Ausable Chasm, who with her Saratoga win provided all of us with as great a thrill as we may ever have in racing, is being retired. Our partners Joe and Anne Volpe, who bought Sable as a weanling and asked us to manage her racing days, wanted to make sure she finished her career with Dee Tee. The timing of the decision, after she earned her 2nd career win 2 months ago, feels right. 100% sound after 28 starts over 3 seasons (28/2-1-2), Sable is currently on Michael Lecesse's farm near Finger Lakes and will be bred this winter to NY stallion and Wood Memorial winner Bob and John (Seeking the Gold) with a cover provided by the Volpes.

I'm sure that Ausable Chasm's NY-MSW win at Saratoga August 29, 2010 will always remain a highlight of whatever any of us accomplish in racing. While much of the rest her career was an unusual and maddening series of up and down efforts, her presence as a fixture at the barn in Saratoga made her an important part of many partners' summer Spa visits. I hope the partners have enjoyed the experiences Sable provided and I'm sure they join me in thanking Gary & Paul and their staff as well Mike Lecesse and his, for guiding the quirky filly through 3 fun seasons and the pair of wins.

I hope you feel as warmly as I do about the day we all stood in the Winner's Circle at Saratoga thanks to Sable and Miguel Mena. Thanks to the partners for their part in making it possible.

Photo by Skip Dickstein
Old 01-11-2013, 07:36 PM
Sunshine Park

Default A usable

Bob and John is gorgeous -- very nice! Long, happy life for AC
Old 01-12-2013, 08:29 AM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyfire View Post
Bob and John is gorgeous -- very nice! Long, happy life for AC
True Nicks gives them an "A."

http://www.truenicks.com/free-report...usable%20Chasm

(I hope the link works)
Old 01-12-2013, 11:35 AM
Saratoga

Happy retirement AC, good luck!!
Old 02-19-2013, 12:50 AM
Santa Anita

I just saw that Ausable Chasm is looking at a change to Macho Uno. Gonna be a nice baby.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:43 AM
Fairgrounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlinsky View Post
I just saw that Ausable Chasm is looking at a change to Macho Uno. Gonna be a nice baby.
Where did you see this? I feel so out of the Dee Tee loop.

Paul
Old 02-19-2013, 02:12 PM
Steve Byk

Posted the Macho Uno news on the DT Facebook page last night and then saw my hard drive crash on the Mac. Being repaired and have been without access until now. Sable shipped to Kentucky last week and will be at Adena within a few days as she appears to be cycling.
Old 02-27-2013, 12:47 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
Posted the Macho Uno news on the DT Facebook page last night and then saw my hard drive crash on the Mac. Being repaired and have been without access until now. Sable shipped to Kentucky last week and will be at Adena within a few days as she appears to be cycling.
That is some Stallion fee 20k? Going to drop in Pa?
Old 02-27-2013, 01:29 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddymo View Post
That is some Stallion fee 20k? Going to drop in Pa?
New York..
Old 03-11-2013, 02:45 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
New York..
I guess you think that NY money will be around in 4 years?

Great Stud. hoping you got a deal.. Wish you could have talked your friends at Juddemonte into freebie from First Defence