Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-04-2016, 10:37 AM
Delaware Park

Pretty sure the Skins QB is a free agent, if so do the Iggles go after him?
Seems he has more up side, than Bradford

Looks like the 49ers will talk with Chip
Old 01-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike A View Post
Pretty sure the Skins QB is a free agent, if so do the Iggles go after him?
Seems he has more up side, than Bradford

Looks like the 49ers will talk with Chip
you mean rg3?
good luck to whoever gets him, they'll need it.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:11 PM
Delaware Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
you mean rg3?
good luck to whoever gets him, they'll need it.

I was referring to Cousins, sorry about not being clear. Bradford is going to get $12-15 M if you keep him, not sure what the length of contract he'll get

To take a division rivals starting QB could help in more than 1 way
Old 01-04-2016, 01:32 PM
Saratoga

Coughlin Out
Old 01-04-2016, 01:33 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
I was referring to Cousins, sorry about not being clear. Bradford is going to get $12-15 M if you keep him, not sure what the length of contract he'll get

I see Bradford coming back for the Franchise Tag before I see Washington letting Cousins walk. Neither scenario happens imo, I just think the FT is more likely than Cousins.

If the Eagles can keep Bradford at 12-15, it becomes a no-brainer. Plug in 1-2 more NFL caliber O-lineman, replace a few of his WRs, and I think that side of the ball is good to go. There was no continuity at all for the offense this year, but its nothing a few tweaks here and there cant cure. Build around Matthews and Ertz with a 1-2 more playmakers, and they're off and running.

The Eagles arent as far gone as my friends and family would lead you to believe. Mind you, these are the same dopes that ran Andy out of town. I am absolutely LOVING throwing his current team's situation right into the faces of my loved ones. They simply have no retort for me. There's no denying that his teams get MUCH better as the year goes on, something we've been missing since he left. Long gone are the days where the Eagles motto was "NEXT MAN UP & LETS NOT SKIP A BEAT DOING IT" .... and BOY, those were the years. Hoping the next man in here can bring a winning culture with him, instead of milkshakes and sports science awards.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-04-2016, 01:37 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

i don't see cousins going anywhere.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:42 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:

Cousins is going to get paid to stay in DC. Young Daniel will see to that.

Not going anywhere.

The Eagles need to revamp their entire offense in the wake of Chip Kelly. A lot of the existing pieces will not fit a traditional Pro-Style Offense, they were hodgepodged together to fit Kelly's wacko scheme. Getting rid of Desean Jackson, Jeremy Macklin and Lesean McCoy was beyond idiotic, they were big pieces that are not easily replaced plus unless you are getting a 1st round QB, he is going to have to grow into the role.

They'll likely stick with Bradford and build an offense around him, then draft a QB when they have a servicable offense in place.

Anyone that thinks this team is a new coach and year away from being competitive again is delusional.
Old 01-04-2016, 01:46 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post

Not going anywhere.

The Eagles need to revamp their entire offense in the wake of Chip Kelly. A lot of the existing pieces will not fit a traditional Pro-Style Offense, they were hodgepodged together to fit Kelly's wacko scheme. Getting rid of Desean Jackson, Jeremy Macklin and Lesean McCoy was beyond idiotic, they were big pieces that are not easily replaced plus unless you are getting a 1st round QB, he is going to have to grow into the role.

They'll likely stick with Bradford and build an offense around him, then draft a QB when they have a servicable offense in place.

Anyone that thinks this team is a new coach and year away from being competitive again is delusional.
I can see them winning the East next year IF the moves they make in the offseason turn out to be the right moves. I mean, HELL, they almost were in it this year and its been beyond the most miserable year for them in quite some time.

Its not like any of the other 3 teams in the division are world beaters.

Enjoy the playoffs this year, win or lose. The Skins took care of business this year. I give them props. Next year is a whole new bowl of wax, just like every year in the division.

and yes people, I know. Winning the NFC East doesnt necessarily mean theyre competitive against the higher echelon of teams.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-04-2016, 01:48 PM
Saratoga

originally posted in the nfl 2015 thread....

CBS Sports panel discussion on changes and possibles....

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-...ngs-candidates
Old 01-04-2016, 01:51 PM
Delaware Park

I see the Skins paying Cousins what ever he wants, tag price at worse.
Iggles keep Bradford, the length of the contract could be tricky, get up-grade on O line, say good by to Cooper.
Mathews looks to be improving, TE's are good enough
Old 01-04-2016, 02:07 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:

Not going anywhere.

how not to be a coach, written by chip kelley
he thought he could make anyone good with his system. ooops
Old 01-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
how not to be a coach, written by chip kelley
he thought he could make anyone good with his system. ooops
It's not unlike the current situation in Tampa. They brought in Lovie and gave him final say in personnel decisions. Big mistake. They are at the least another year away now because he blew up a functional defense to bring in "His Guys" who turned out to be mostly retreaded free agents looking for a quick payday. Most of them are gone, and now there are glaring holes on the D line (one of the lowest pass rushing lines in the NFL) and secondary. To give him credit - when healthy, they have a solid Linebacking Corps.

I truly have no earthly idea what a GM in the NFL does anymore.

Hopefully this experiment is over and HC's go back to doing what they are paid to do - coach the players they are given by designing schemes around the strengths and talents of the team.
Old 01-04-2016, 02:55 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
I can see them winning the East next year IF the moves they make in the offseason turn out to be the right moves. I mean, HELL, they almost were in it this year and its been beyond the most miserable year for them in quite some time.

Its not like any of the other 3 teams in the division are world beaters.

Enjoy the playoffs this year, win or lose. The Skins took care of business this year. I give them props. Next year is a whole new bowl of wax, just like every year in the division.

and yes people, I know. Winning the NFC East doesnt necessarily mean theyre competitive against the higher echelon of teams.
If the Cowboys don't lose Romo and Dez they would have run away with the division and we're all licking our wounds and trying to find answers. The Skins sort of inherited the East by default, though I have to give Cousins credit - once he got regular reps and a rhythm with the 1st team, he shined. The O line could still use some help, there Safetys are getting a little long in the tooth, but nothing that can't be upgraded for next year. I'd suspect they will be near the top of the division with the Cowboys next season.

The Eagles have a lot of needs - the have easily the best TE's in the East, but again, it really will depend on what sort of offensive blocking scheme the new OC runs - Zone read vs. Power vs. Gap .... completely different styles of play... you may have guys there now that can't adapt - it happens all the time. It typically take 2 years for a HC to develop a squad around his system including getting rid of players that don't fit. we'll just have to watch and see.

I'm personally bummed - I thought Chip Kelly would have had high flying offense running on all cylinders by now - that would have been exciting to watch...unfortunately it seems as though his system wasn't all that difficult to crack once the film was out
Old 01-04-2016, 03:43 PM
Randwyck

Quote:
If the Cowboys don't lose Romo and Dez they would have run away with the division and we're all licking our wounds and trying to find answers. The Skins sort of inherited the East by default, though I have to give Cousins credit - once he got regular reps and a rhythm with the 1st team, he shined. The O line could still use some help, there Safetys are getting a little long in the tooth, but nothing that can't be upgraded for next year. I'd suspect they will be near the top of the division with the Cowboys next season.

The Eagles have a lot of needs - the have easily the best TE's in the East, but again, it really will depend on what sort of offensive blocking scheme the new OC runs - Zone read vs. Power vs. Gap .... completely different styles of play... you may have guys there now that can't adapt - it happens all the time. It typically take 2 years for a HC to develop a squad around his system including getting rid of players that don't fit. we'll just have to watch and see.

I'm personally bummed - I thought Chip Kelly would have had high flying offense running on all cylinders by now - that would have been exciting to watch...unfortunately it seems as though his system wasn't all that difficult to crack once the film was out
I wouldn't necessarily say the Eagles have the best TEs in the East even though Reed could be a concussion away from ending his career and Carrier rehabbing torn ACL. Philly could be axing Celek in March.

Last edited by Crown@club : 01-05-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 01-04-2016, 05:10 PM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown@club View Post
I wouldn't necessary say the Eagles have the best TEs in the East even though Reed could be a concussion away from ending his career and Carrier rehabbing torn ACL. Philly could be axing Celek in March.
Celek is primarily a blocker. If he parts ways, I say they bring in a TE of his caliber to take over those duties, all while getting Ertz and Trey Burton more reps.

I do, however, like Reed & Carrier. Reed is a nightmare of a TE to match up with for linebackers. Plus, he's won my brother and I a little bit of coin this year.

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-04-2016, 08:50 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Colts keep pagano.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:16 PM
Saratoga

Payton staying in NOLA....

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14...orleans-saints
Old 01-06-2016, 09:48 PM
Belmont Park

Quote:
It's not unlike the current situation in Tampa. They brought in Lovie and gave him final say in personnel decisions. Big mistake. They are at the least another year away now because he blew up a functional defense to bring in "His Guys" who turned out to be mostly retreaded free agents looking for a quick payday. Most of them are gone, and now there are glaring holes on the D line (one of the lowest pass rushing lines in the NFL) and secondary. To give him credit - when healthy, they have a solid Linebacking Corps.

I truly have no earthly idea what a GM in the NFL does anymore.

Hopefully this experiment is over and HC's go back to doing what they are paid to do - coach the players they are given by designing schemes around the strengths and talents of the team.

Aaaaannnnd Love gets sacked. My money is on OC Dirk Koetter to the promotion
Old 01-06-2016, 10:06 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Meanwhile, Jeff Fisher's just gonna keep going 7-9 every year until the end of eternity with no job security issues. Mind-boggling.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:49 AM
Belmont Park

http://www.joebucsfan.com/2016/01/du...ed-doom-lovie/