Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-29-2014, 09:22 AM
Hialeah Park

Default Black Monday

Bears GM and Staff, Jets GM and Staff, Falcons Coach..so far..
Old 12-29-2014, 10:05 AM
Belmont Park

Yet the Buccaneers, the worst team in the NFL, stand pat.

This season has been a complete fiasco even since they introduced this GM and Staff. They gutted an offensive line to bring in a bunch of rag-tag, overpaid retreads in order to fit some "magic new system" that an invisible new OC had concocted.

Then the Invisible OC goes out on "medical leave" before training camp and they promote the QB coach (who's never even been in the NFL) to Temporary OC, but not back filling the QB Coaching job.

So now the kid is basically the Offensive coordinator AND the QB Coach. No problem

Now the season starts, and you have no offensive system, no offensive line, and a perennial backup QB on offense. So bad that you have to trade your ONLY receiving TE to New England to get ONE player that can play on the line.

As the season progresses, you do absolutely nothing to improve the offense; maybe hire an Offensive consultant (Chan Gailey, anyone?), Hire an interim QB coach so the new kid can at least focus on the offense specifically? ANYTHING??!!

Nope. Nothing. The invisible OC that blew up the line to fit his new "Magic New System" is still MIA, and alas, the "Magic New System" never gets unveiled.

Then, two weeks to go in the season, it is revealed that the Invisible OC will not be returning at all to the Bucs, instead will opt out of his deal and is now the Head Coach of the BC Lions in the CFL. We will never get to see what the "Magic New System" and the reason we have no O-line was all about

And the GM doesn't seem to get an ounce of criticism. Talk about the Teflon Don.
Old 12-29-2015, 06:29 PM
Saratoga

Black Monday starting early. Chip Kelly first to go.
Old 12-29-2015, 10:39 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by jms62 View Post
Black Monday starting early. Chip Kelly first to go.
No surprise whatsoever. He should never have been gm, and I can understand why the owner wanted to change that. Chip didn't want to give up personnel control, so that was that.
Old 12-30-2015, 07:47 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danzig View Post
No surprise whatsoever. He should never have been gm, and I can understand why the owner wanted to change that. Chip didn't want to give up personnel control, so that was that.
The question swirling around Philly this morning;
Who will win a Super Bowl 1st, the Eagles or Chip Kelly?
Old 12-30-2015, 08:58 AM
Saratoga

Things I didn't understand about Chip Kelly and this goes back a few years

1. With regard to the Riley Cooper incident. What kind of coach would go to a Country and Western concert with a player?

2. When the Riley Cooper incident happened why was there anything other than immediately cutting him.

3. How can you trade Desean Jackson?

4. How can you let Jermey Maclin get away?

5. How can you trade Lesean McCoy the heart of your team?

6. How can you decide to bring in Demarco Murray at a huge price and then notice that he isn't a fit for your scheme ?

7. How can you bring in Sam Bradford who is an injury waiting to happen? Nick Foles 2 years back had an incredible season not so much last year but as a coach you need to analyze what worked.

I have a lot of Friends that are Eagle Fans and I am really sad that Hurricane Chip leveled the Eagles in his swath... Sad.
Old 12-30-2015, 02:41 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogadew View Post
The question swirling around Philly this morning;
Who will win a Super Bowl 1st, the Eagles or Chip Kelly?

Probably the eagles.

"I know everyone is the same in that they are intellectually inferior to me, Chip Kelly.”
Old 12-30-2015, 07:08 PM
Flemington

too bad when coughlin goes they can't get rid of eli at the same time
Old 12-31-2015, 10:03 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Things I didn't understand about Chip Kelly and this goes back a few years

1. With regard to the Riley Cooper incident. What kind of coach would go to a Country and Western concert with a player?

Chip wasnt with him at the concert, was he? If he was, this is the first that I'm hearing about it.

2. When the Riley Cooper incident happened why was there anything other than immediately cutting him.

You tell me and we'll BOTH know.

3. How can you trade Desean Jackson?

He didnt even trade him. He released him. HORRIBLE move to not get at least something back for him.

4. How can you let Jermey Maclin get away?

Offered him 9 a year when they knew damn well that 11-12 was the number to get him back in an Eagles uniform. Another horrible move.

5. How can you trade Lesean McCoy the heart of your team?

I wouldn't care about this trade as much if Kiko Alonso wasnt a stiff from Oregon that couldnt shed a block from my 5 yr old nephew.

6. How can you decide to bring in Demarco Murray at a huge price and then notice that he isn't a fit for your scheme ?

Once Frank Gore stiffed them, they scuttled around quickly and landed on this mope.

7. How can you bring in Sam Bradford who is an injury waiting to happen? Nick Foles 2 years back had an incredible season not so much last year but as a coach you need to analyze what worked.

Im in the minority, but Bradford wasnt even in the top 10 of this team's problems. i would be thrilled to have him back next year at the right price and if the new coach puts any stock whatsoever in the offensive line position.

I have a lot of Friends that are Eagle Fans and I am really sad that Hurricane Chip leveled the Eagles in his swath... Sad.
The Birds will bounce back. Siyanora, Chipper! AKA The Worst GM in NFL History. You've been relieved, Matt Millen.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 12-31-2015, 10:20 AM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by declansharbor View Post
The Birds will bounce back. Siyanora, Chipper! AKA The Worst GM in NFL History. You've been relieved, Matt Millen.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2013/07/eagl...hesney-concert

" During one of Chesney’s songs, the country star pulled Cooper, teammate Jason Kelce and coach Chip Kelly on stage to perform “Boys of Fall.” It was the lone highlight of a shocking evening."
Old 12-31-2015, 11:47 AM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
You need to let that Bradford notion go. He sucks.
Old 12-31-2015, 02:12 PM
Saratoga

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Chan Gailey can fix the Eagles O and Deserves another shot at being a head coach.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:19 PM
Belmont Park

It was funny when they got rid of Foles and his answer was to bring in 3 of the 5 worst QB's in NFL history since 2010 and let them duke it out for the job.

As a long suffering Skins fan, I finally breathed a sigh of relief.

Chippah needs to go to Tennessee and destroy Mariota's career next.
Old 12-31-2015, 06:23 PM
Del Mar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudeboyelvis View Post
It was funny when they got rid of Foles and his answer was to bring in 3 of the 5 worst QB's in NFL history since 2010 and let them duke it out for the job.

As a long suffering Skins fan, I finally breathed a sigh of relief.

Chippah needs to go to Tennessee and destroy Mariota's career next.
AMEN brother, feels good for a change. GO SKINS!
Old 12-31-2015, 09:30 PM
Super Mod.. and Super Fly

Quote:
Chan Gailey can fix the Eagles O and Deserves another shot at being a head coach.
How dare you.

Our 15-year buffoon parade at offensive coordinator is finally over. HE'S MINE.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:00 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ateamstupid View Post
Correct. He is a mediocre back up at best.
Old 01-01-2016, 09:49 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclem0822 View Post
AMEN brother, feels good for a change. GO SKINS!
Enjoy the "top" of the division this year. The Eagles will be back, and so too the Cowboys, and the Giants will find a way to win the close games again.
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Hialeah Park

Quote:
Originally Posted by saratogadew View Post
Correct. He is a mediocre back up at best.
Then who would you go after? This oughtta be funny.

Mediocre back up at best?!? Pull your head out of your a$$. He'd EASILY be the best back up in football, if that's where he lands. He won't, however, because he's better than that. Between the deluge of dropped passes, and the amount of time the porous O Line gave him for most of the year, I think he did a good job this year (not the year that the fans expected after a dynamite preseason, but still a good year that easily could have been much better).

- Nathan Israel
Old 01-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Oaklawn

Quote:
Then who would you go after? This oughtta be funny.

Mediocre back up at best?!? Pull your head out of your a$$. He'd EASILY be the best back up in football, if that's where he lands. He won't, however, because he's better than that. Between the deluge of dropped passes, and the amount of time the porous O Line gave him for most of the year, I think he did a good job this year (not the year that the fans expected after a dynamite preseason, but still a good year that easily could have been much better).
I would keep him and go for a QB in the draft. The Eagles have so many holes that even Brady wouldn't succeed. Bradford is an immobile, dink and dunk quarterback. Defences can play up and tee off on him because he can't stretch the field. Any negative stat on Bradford can easily be deflected to the O line and recievers. If you're looking for a 9-7, 10-6 QB, he might fit the bill. But if you're looking to go deep into the playoffs, or god forbid, the Superbowl, Bradford will not, and can't get you there. This is besides the fact that he can't make it through a full season because of his fragility.
Old 01-02-2016, 09:20 AM
Del Mar

Quote:
Enjoy the "top" of the division this year. The Eagles will be back, and so too the Cowboys, and the Giants will find a way to win the close games again.
Cowboys get healthy, i would still consider them the team to beat. Skins gotta get better, there's not question about that i have delusions that they are a great team yet. They won an injury riddled, mixed up division. And the Skins get a 1st place schedule, that will not be easy to negotiate either. This time next year the division standings could look totally different.