Derby Trail Forums

Go Back   Derby Trail Forums > Sports Bar & Grill
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-15-2012, 02:45 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Even if they do get in as a 7 or 8 seed do Knicks fans still want the coach back next year?

That franchise needs new ownership and a complete overhaul. It's a disaster. This is the biggest thing to happen since Patrick Ewing. That's sad.
True but probably not going to happen
Old 02-16-2012, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator

Didn't even know this until today ... but Lin spent two weeks in Erie traveling with the Bayhawks less than a month ago.

http://nymag.com/daily/sports/2012/0...-bayhawks.html

Only played one game for Erie, had a triple double, and got called right back up to the Knicks.

Now that's a rapid rise!
Old 02-17-2012, 03:55 PM
The Curragh

And now the NY Nuggets bring in JR Smith of all people. Excellent way to destroy any and all chemistry the team is building.
Old 02-18-2012, 09:02 AM
Steve Byk

Anyone see this? Interesting headline choice..

Old 02-18-2012, 09:15 AM
Gulfstream Park

He's gonna hear about that one. Probably be calling for his head anytime now!
Old 02-18-2012, 09:34 AM
Coach Pants

Yeah a career destroyed over hyper-sensitive bulls.hit which is turning white men into spineless pus.sies who will never call the morality police out on their blatant hypocrisy.

Just a sad state of where this country is headed. Anyone outside of white men can go to town with unintended racism.

What these disingenuous monsters should be concerned about is unconstitutional wars and occupations which do far more damage than words.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:38 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
Yeah a career destroyed over hyper-sensitive bulls.hit which is turning white men into spineless pus.sies who will never call the morality police out on their blatant hypocrisy.

Just a sad state of where this country is headed. Anyone outside of white men can go to town with unintended racism.

What these disingenuous monsters should be concerned about is unconstitutional wars and occupations which do far more damage than words.
Coach, I agree with your central point, there are many more serious issues which we should confront...nevertheless, something like this, either blatantly racist or stupid demands action. It will probably be over done and take the place of more serious stuff in the news which is unfortunate but be that as it may, this should and will cost someone their job....unbelievably stupid!
Old 02-19-2012, 07:22 AM
Coach Pants

I think they should use NDAA to detain all of the people who were directly and indirectly involved with that horrible mistake. That includes their family. Racism is hereditary. Lets snuff those people out for being human. We need to coexist...you know the bumper stickers you see on foreign compact cars.

Real Americans.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Steve Byk

Quote:

You called it Coach.. ESPN with apologies, firing(s).
Old 02-19-2012, 12:24 PM
Coach Pants

It's ridiculous. The pregame interview was telling. Lin referred to comments like "deceptively fast"

What? Are we supposed to abandon common sense and call it racism now?

Yes any color but black can be labeled deceptively fast. It's common knowledge that black people are faster on average than all other colors.

Why do we have to dumb ourselves down so the hypersensitive morons of the pc brigade can be appeased? F.uck them.
Old 02-19-2012, 12:39 PM
Steve Byk

I agree with you on this.

I wonder if the NY Post writes that headline, if the reaction is the same? Or if it's done in a 'Saturday Night Live' skit, etc.?
Old 02-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Coach Pants

We should just abandon synonyms and devolve to grunts.
Old 02-19-2012, 02:21 PM
Dee Tee Stables

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasept View Post
I agree with you on this.

I wonder if the NY Post writes that headline, if the reaction is the same? Or if it's done in a 'Saturday Night Live' skit, etc.?
snl opened their show last night with an espn and racism skit, which included one of the guys getting fired.

http://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-li...dolph/1386284/
Old 02-21-2012, 10:19 AM
Santa Anita

It's gone full circle and coming out the other end. It is a plain and simple fact the country (America) was built on the genocide of one group of people and the enslavement of another group of people. It's a sad history that you really can't escape though we try. Things were what they were and are what they are, but they've gotten so sensitive that we are now just plain mean to people for simple honest mistakes which this likely was. I tend to agree with the man's (who got fired) comments about what happened. It scares me how much I am agreeing with Coach!
Old 02-21-2012, 11:12 AM
The Curragh

It doesn't really matter anymore, Melo is back so they can start sucking again and no one will remember.!
Old 02-22-2012, 12:16 PM
Hialeah Park

Melo, no matter what he says, will not be able to co-exist with Lin. Too many shots to fire and too few basketballs.

Thankfully, the team i root for is void of egotstical superstars. Hell, we're void of a superstar for that matter. I'd take a guy who knows how to put the ball in the hoop though, tough pickins for this team to consistently score enough points to win night in night out..
"A person who saw no important difference between the fire outside a Neandrathal's cave and a working thermo-nuclear reactor might tell you that junk bonds and derivatives BOTH serve to energize capital"

- Nathan Israel
Old 03-14-2012, 01:39 PM
Flemington

According to reports, Dantoni just resigned.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:41 PM
The Curragh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clip-Clop View Post
It doesn't really matter anymore, Melo is back so they can start sucking again and no one will remember.!
Wishing I had gambled on this.
Old 03-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaTH716 View Post
According to reports, Dantoni just resigned.
I dont blame him. It is a complete mess. It doesnt matter who they bring in, Anthony is still going to be what he is (an overrated mutt) and Amare is still going to hobble around like the damaged goods that he is. 40+ million a year for that?