Quote:
Originally Posted by horseofcourse View Post
The Knicks have found Jesus.
Old 02-11-2012, 08:26 AM
Santa Anita

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cardus View Post
What does "Yellow Mamba" mean?
It's a horribly racist play on Kobe's nickname and Jeremy's nationality. It's in very bad taste without question. I apologize. He was playing against Kobe last night so I had to do it.

All I have to say is this...reason number 9,753 why the NBA is vastly superior to the NFL. the NFL gives us Tim Tebow as a religious superhero and the NBA counters with a guy who can actually play!!

Reason number 9,754 why the NBA is vastly superior to the NFL...the NFL Super bowl half time show. NBA finals half time show--none!! NFL gives us over half century old geriatrics running around. If I wanted to see that, I'd just set a nursing home on fire.

(I apologize, very bad taste once again!)
Old 02-11-2012, 08:10 PM
Ocala Mike

Default yellow mamba harvard tebow

Let me know when the first Asian Nascar driver comes on the scene.

Ocala Mike
Old 02-11-2012, 09:19 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

Quote:
It's a horribly racist play on Kobe's nickname and Jeremy's nationality. It's in very bad taste without question. I apologize. He was playing against Kobe last night so I had to do it.

All I have to say is this...reason number 9,753 why the NBA is vastly superior to the NFL. the NFL gives us Tim Tebow as a religious superhero and the NBA counters with a guy who can actually play!!

Reason number 9,754 why the NBA is vastly superior to the NFL...the NFL Super bowl half time show. NBA finals half time show--none!! NFL gives us over half century old geriatrics running around. If I wanted to see that, I'd just set a nursing home on fire.

(I apologize, very bad taste once again!)
There were signs at the arena calling him Yellow Mamba. His story is great though. Just think, the Knicks were all set to release him on Tuesday so that they wouldn't have to pay his contract for the rest of the season if he was still on the roster by Friday. Now, he's the likely conference player of the week, outplaying Kobe in the Garden, and has scored more points in a game than any Knick this season.

The funniest thing in it all is when the coach says he finally has a guy smart enough in NY to run his offense. The other point guards on the roster have to love hearing that. Also, what's going to happen when Baron Davis is ready to play?
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 02-12-2012, 01:43 AM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
There were signs at the arena calling him Yellow Mamba. His story is great though. Just think, the Knicks were all set to release him on Tuesday so that they wouldn't have to pay his contract for the rest of the season if he was still on the roster by Friday. Now, he's the likely conference player of the week, outplaying Kobe in the Garden, and has scored more points in a game than any Knick this season.

The funniest thing in it all is when the coach says he finally has a guy smart enough in NY to run his offense. The other point guards on the roster have to love hearing that. Also, what's going to happen when Baron Davis is ready to play?
You are kidding right?
Old 02-12-2012, 05:31 AM
Coach Pants

Baron has to be about 260 by now.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:51 PM
5'8".. but all man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Baron has to be about 260 by now.
Age or weight?
Old 02-12-2012, 07:12 PM
Santa Anita

I'm more interested to see what happens when Stoudamire and Anthony come back as opposed to Davis. Davis will simply be the backup point guard

With those two out it appears Lin just has free reign as they need the scoring. When those two come back they need lots of shots. I think Lin will adjust.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:17 PM
Oriental Park

Quote:
I'm more interested to see what happens when Stoudamire and Anthony come back as opposed to Davis. Davis will simply be the backup point guard

With those two out it appears Lin just has free reign as they need the scoring. When those two come back they need lots of shots. I think Lin will adjust.
I think a lot of Lin's success is based on he is fresh and the people he is playing against have been playing 5 games a week since X-mas. I doubt he'll be blowing by everyone once
his minutes pile up.
Old 02-12-2012, 07:19 PM
Atlantic City Race Course

No, I'm not kidding. I think Davis is garbage. I thought it was a bad pickup. But they did pick him up and he will be ready at some point and they will have to address it. If Davis doesn't get the time and shots he wants, he will become a distraction. Can Lin keep this up? As long as he does, he plays. But what happens when he plays a week or two of games at a level more indicative of his true level and the novelty starts to wear off?
Manila, Java Gold, Alysheba, Sunday Silence, Go for Wand, In Excess, Paseana, Kotashaan, Holy Bull, Cigar, Alphabet Soup, Formal Gold, Skip Away, Artax, Tiznow, Point Given, Azeri, Candy Ride, Smarty Jones, Ghostzapper, Invasor, Curlin, Zenyatta, Zenyatta, Goldikova, Havre de Grace, Wise Dan, Wise Dan, California Chrome, American Pharoah, Arrogate, Gun Runner, Accelerate, Maximum Security, Gamine
Old 02-12-2012, 10:26 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3kings View Post
I think a lot of Lin's success is based on he is fresh and the people he is playing against have been playing 5 games a week since X-mas. I doubt he'll be blowing by everyone once
his minutes pile up.
While other teams will make adjustments and he did noticably get tired in the 2nd half against MN, his quickness is not going to change.
Old 02-12-2012, 10:38 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Glorious View Post
No, I'm not kidding. I think Davis is garbage. I thought it was a bad pickup. But they did pick him up and he will be ready at some point and they will have to address it. If Davis doesn't get the time and shots he wants, he will become a distraction. Can Lin keep this up? As long as he does, he plays. But what happens when he plays a week or two of games at a level more indicative of his true level and the novelty starts to wear off?
Davis isn't ever going to be ready. He wasn't a good fit here anyway but they needed somebody to play PG and there were virtually no other options. D'Antoni isn't going to give Davis big minutes unless he needs him which right now it doesn't look like they will. Davis won't become a distraction because they can just cut him loose as he is on a cheap, one year deal.

Obviously Lin isn't going to continue to score 25 a game when AS and CA return but he has lead guard skills and should do fine as long as he can continue to hit the open jumpers that will be there. The thing everyone seems to be missing is that his role will change with Amare and Anthony returning but it will be something that is much more suited to his skill set anyway. The thing that might hurt Lin the most is that he has gone from not playing at all to playing 35 minutes a game in a compressed schedule. Fatigue causes turnovers as much as anything.
Old 02-14-2012, 04:30 AM
Goodwood

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nba/stor...-race-not-play
Old 02-14-2012, 09:03 PM
Longchamps

Boom Lin for 3
Old 02-14-2012, 11:42 PM
Goodwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigsmc View Post
Clearly been punched too many times.

As a Knicks fan, it's given me a reason to watch the NBA again. I probably hadn't followed closely in 15 years. I loved this kid in college playing for my dad's alma mater but in no way did I think he was anything more than a 5 minutes a game filler in the NBA. The guy obviously has talent- NorCal player of the year is no joke- but it's refreshing to see a guy who doesn't necessarily "fit the mold" just blow the league up. He's just awesome.
Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 AM
Coach Pants

Can't compare him to Tebow. He's not going to lead them to the playoffs. Remember Cartardo comes back soon. It will all blow up when super thug laces up.

And Mayweather is not completely wrong. If it was a black guy who was an undrafted player and was Muslim they would get far less coverage.

And this season has been awful. Terrible basketball so far.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Santa Anita

[quote=Coach Pants;838701 He's not going to lead them to the playoffs. [/QUOTE]

The Bucks, really? finishing behind them.
Old 02-15-2012, 07:38 AM
Coach Pants

Even if they do get in as a 7 or 8 seed do Knicks fans still want the coach back next year?

That franchise needs new ownership and a complete overhaul. It's a disaster. This is the biggest thing to happen since Patrick Ewing. That's sad.
Old 02-15-2012, 02:44 PM
Sha Tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Pants View Post
Can't compare him to Tebow. He's not going to lead them to the playoffs. Remember Cartardo comes back soon. It will all blow up when super thug laces up.

And Mayweather is not completely wrong. If it was a black guy who was an undrafted player and was Muslim they would get far less coverage.

And this season has been awful. Terrible basketball so far.
If he was on Indiana there would be much less coverage too.